Tuesday, January 13, 2015

3 Step Simple Winter Sangria.

It's so fitting that B and M over at The Sequin Notebook invited me to participate in a monthly cocktail recipe link up, because one of my resolutions was definitely to blog and connect with local bloggers more, AND I have a killer recipe for winter sangria that is perfect for this post.

Every year, my family takes turns at Christmas making new cocktails.. maybe because we all can't stand to be around one another without drinking a ridiculous amount, and we needed variety - just kidding, we legitimately love each other, we just express it more with drinks ;) 

This year, I volunteered to make a drink, since I have a Pinterest account that's beautiful in theory, and really bad in my actually going about creating some of the things I've been pinning. I'm thrilled that this winter sangria was what I went with, because it was the biggest crowd pleaser and is ridiculously easy to make. 

Ingredients: 
1 bottle white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
1 bottle sparkling cider 
1 Granny Smith apple (chopped)
1 Gala apple (chopped)
1-2 cups cranberries 
(The recipe calls for 1-2 sliced clementines, but I wasn't in the mood to make another trip to the store, so I skipped and think it turned out just perfect). 

Directions:
Combine wine and cider.
Add fruit.
Stir.
Put it in a beautiful glass and watch it really catch up to you after 3 or 4 glasses. 

It was seriously the easiest drink, it looks beautiful, and was delicious (and I am usually not a white wine fan). 
via Pinterest, where I found the recipe.

via our family Christmas, where I drank and drank


10 comments:

Kristin O said...

I have been looking for a new sangria recipe and this looks super simple and delicious!! It's perfect for a winter party! What a great idea! If you're interested, I do a cocktail linkup every Thursday called Thursty Thursday. Stop by and party with us if you have time!

M @ The Sequin Notebook said...

Ohh this is basically all things I love - sangria and apple cider! Cannot wait to try this one out, and I love how simple the recipe is! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us, love! xoxo

Brooke said...

This looks beautiful and delicious! I'm a wine girl, but I really should branch out...and this still has wine. And look at all that fruit! It has to be good for you ;)

Emelia at Dream Big & Buy the Shoes said...

This looks absolutely amazing! Sounds delicious girl!

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

Mmmmm this looks so delish! I love how pretty the fruit looks in the glass, and these flavors are all winners in my book!

BLovedBoston said...

This sounds delish!!! I love sangria and I've never tried to make it at home - that will be changing!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

Rebecca Harasym said...

I do love a good fruity drink and this one sounds delightful! I am so happy that you shared this recipe! I for sure will be making this!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

Jax said...

Girl, you just made #1 on my list of top posts for the day!! Haha I loovveee me some Sangria and I know my Cuban hubby loves it too. I think you just gave me an idea for what him and I will be doing Saturday night. Well, at least an idea of what we will be drinking Saturday night. Lol Have a great weekend!

Kizzy Von Doll said...

I love cocktails, I can down them like water, hahahaha!! I don't drink really, but I can't pass up a good cocktail, this looks marvellous :))) Xxx

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Okay, this looks so delicious...so going to try this out. SOON.