Monday, March 10, 2014

January 2014 Catch Up.

Isn't it sad that I'm already playing catch up for this past year? I feel like everything else is definitely going to fall by the wayside for now (sorry, awesome things from 2013, I still hold you in the highest regard).

2014 was kicked off to a really fantastic start, with time with friends, at a local brewery (that Edwin and I go to every single Sunday without fail). We figured that since it is our regular haunt, and since for $60 it was all you can drink/all you can eat, which for our area is an absolute steal (especially since most places were having at least an $80 prix fixe dinner with just a glass of champagne at midnight - no thank you).

We were able to be dropped off and picked up, so sufficed to say, it was an absolutely insane time, filled with lots of homemade macaroni and cheese, craft beer (including an Imperial Double IPA that was my absolute downfall), and great company.

Thankfully, this beard is now gone. I was not a huge fan of  BFF Grizzly Adams.
 

Edwin and our friend Tim apparently coordinated outfits that night. This was fine at first, but the more we drank, the more similar they looked.

Classy. 

The more we drank, the more you could also tell that both Tim and I are teachers, because we began creating and having everyone else create haikus. 

Once midnight came, we were all feeling delightful, and were joined by the bartenders working that night to toast for 2014. The little glasses are filled with Tripel, a special reserve beer typically only sold by the bottle that was saved for MONTHS so it could be used for the midnight toast.

Happyyy 2014!

I started the first day of 2014 with a raging hangover (thanks to the Weapons Grade IPA, a double Imperial IPA with lord knows how much of an ABV %), but with great memories of a fun night with Edwin and our friends at the brewery.

January also brought Edwin's nephew Dominic's circus themed first birthday party, which is my nightmare because I hate clowns with all my soul, but it was cute (and I avoided the creepy ass clown who was there).

He is easily one of the cutest, sweetest kids I've ever seen.
 

We also ventured into Queens for hot pot, which I haven't done since I was in China, which was REALLY fun. We went with a ton of Edwin's high school friends and did a lot of eating, drinking, and then eventually another table came over to shotgun beers with some of the people at our table (I was not one of them, this is not college). We got home from the city at 5 a.m., which is when I realized that I am too old to be in the city until 5 a.m. anymore - it took me like, three days to bounce back from that one!


Next catch up will be February, and then I can hopefully get 100% caught up with it all! Fingers crossed - it's good to make goals, right?

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend - happy Monday! xox

9 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You both look precious!! Loved the pic of you saying that your glad the beard is gone, bless. Sounds like a lot of great times and memories :)) Am glad!! I hope you have an awesome week my sweet!! xoxo

Tracy S said...

Looks like a fun year so far! I have to know, what is this weapons grade IPA? my husband and I love IPAs & that one sounds awesome.

Meg {henninglove} said...

dont worry about the catch-up whatever month it ends up being we still like knowing what is going on in your life. haha grizzly adams, love it!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You look so pretty in all your pics! I know - I feel like all I'm doing is catching up now too! This year is flying - I can't believe the first day of spring is almost here. I'm sure you're getting super excited for your trip! eek!

Elle Sees said...

fact: clowns eat people

i loved the haikus!! cracked me up!!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

that notebook makes me laugh and brings back memories. when i was a hardcore raver, we used to bring notebooks and shit to raves. do you know how hard it is to write anything legible when you're high as fuck on drugs? DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. when we pulled out that notebook a few years later, we laughed SO HARD because not only can you NOT read anything, but half the writing was just lines hahaha!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Mango RabbitRabbit said...

Hi Allison you're gorgeous! And you weren't kidding about the way to your heart is craft beer. hehehe <3

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I want to move to NJ/NY and be your BFF because I love everything you do! You're clearly a fun person, in addition to being one of the sweetest most caring friends ever!!

NYE sounds amazing. I always feel like there is so much pressure that they tend to be let downs, but your plans were PERFECT!

I hate clowns too, stupis IT ruined it for me lol.

Annnd when we meet up in NYC I promise to only keep you out til 4 am ;)

Rebecca Harasym said...

Your start to the new year looked like such a great time! Sorry about the hangover! LOL! So nice to hear what you have been up to in the last little while!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca