Wednesday, March 5, 2014

J'Adore VoxBox

Apparently the internet gods (or those over at Influenster, who are pretty equal in my opinion) sensed that I was heading to Paris, because I received the J'Adore VoxBox shortly after Edwin and I booked our trip - fate, I know.

In case you don't know, Influenster is an awesome site where you use your influence in the social media community to complete product reviews, get entered in to win various prizes or opportunities, etc. based on your influence through Facebook, Twitter, blogging, YouTube, Google+, etc. (If you're interested, let me know and I'll shoot you an invite!). 

This is my second VoxBox, and I seriously love it (and it arrived in a hot pink box - hello, gorgeous!).

I've tried out each part of the box at this point, and am going to review each item honestly, despite the fact that I did receive this box from Influenster for free.

1. Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses.

Uhm, these are chocolate. The end. 
Just kidding - you know, I'm typically a dark chocolate person, so at first it was weird to try milk chocolate after not consuming it for SO long (I know, my life is very difficult). Seriously though, they're delicious - which I'm sure you already know. What I didn't know though, is how much you can do with them! 

This blog has 101 desserts using Hershey's Kisses - including Almond Joy magic bar pie (ohhhh my god, hello). 

Seriously though - who knew Kisses were so versatile? 

2. Kiss false eyelashes.

I had a love/hate relationship with these - once they were on, they were gorgeous and really did look more natural than a Kardashian or Elvira lash (sorry, they're the same in my book). The glue drove me crazy though - I thought it was really messy and hard to apply, so I wish that aspect could have been improved. 

Jury is still out on if I would buy these again or not, because I hated the glue THAT much. 

They did look cute in my makeup drawer though..

3. John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight.

Okay, so I've never been one who can NOT wash my hair every day. It falls flat, barely holds a curl, and looks gross and greasy the next day, NO MATTER WHAT. It's terrible, especially when a blow dry is very expensive, and it's gone in a cloud of smoke the next day. 
I loved this product though - it prolonged my straightening, had it look shiny and beautiful and light. You know when you put product in your hair and it just feels heavy? With this, I couldn't tell that I had anything in my hair. 

Note: I only straightened a little for this picture - I don't have time in the mornings to totally flat iron, but it is a LOT wavier/curlier in the mornings without, and this product definitely helped me out a TON!


4. Red Rose Simply Indulge Tea.

This stuff is fantastic - it has a rich, delicious flavor that lasted for two steeps per tea bag, and comes in a ton of awesome flavors. I was given three Creme Caramel and one Lemon Chiffon. The Lemon was my favorite - I'm actually going to the store later today to pick more of this up, because (and I KNOW this sounds lame), it really does taste indulgent. I've been trying not to consume refined sugars at night, and this was such a treat and had a delicious, dessert like quality - in a natural way. I'm all about Red Rose now. 


5. Boots Botanics Mask

So, my first attempt at using this, left a green, watery consistency all over my white sink, which I was NOT happy about. However, once I shook the container, the consistency hardened up more, and was more mask-like (my sink was thrilled!). It goes on dark green and then dries up to a more pale green, which I thought was cool because you can actually see when it's time to wash it off. 
I felt that my skin was tighter afterwards (though I don't know if it was more of a placebo effect) - I couldn't use this every day (which you're not supposed to with masks), but I enjoy having it on. It left me feeling like my skin was definitely cleansed - and Edwin tried it too and agreed with me. 

Please pardon the no-makeup - makeup doesn't really work very well for a mask. 


Overall, I LOVE my VoxBox - I'm already planning on buying certain products again thanks to being able to try them again! 

Have you gotten a VoxBox before or tried any of these products? 

Seriously - let me know if you want to join Influenster - I have five invites at the moment and would love to connect. 

Also, merci beaucoup to everyone for their wonderful suggestions on my upcoming trip to Paris avec Edwin. Keep suggestions coming - I cannot WAIT.

You're all the absolute best. xox

5 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

What an amazing box...so cool :) I love all the pictures as well, face mask pictures are a must, haha!! Am glad you enjoyed the box, it looked full of yummy things. I love those milk chocolate kisses, I used to eat those all the time when I was back home in America, it was one of my favourite things besides jolly ranchers, haha! Yummy!! I hope your week is going well so far doll....lots of loves xx

Elle Sees said...

those are some fun goodies! love influenster

HiFashion said...

Sounds like a perfect box. Anything with Hershey's Kisses is a winner in my mind.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You look so pretty in those selfies! And I am a big fan of the Boots products!

Gracey said...

That sounds awesome! I feel like it's been forever since I've blogged and read your blog. If you have any invites I'd love one!