Monday, January 27, 2014

Reflections.

I had a longer post that I intended to publish, but this past week has just left me with a few shorter thoughts, that I feel resounds more with me than what I had intended to post. 

Last week (and branching into this week) has really just reminded me that no matter what - no matter how healthy you are, how wonderful of a person, how loving or giving - life is just so short, and you truly never know what is going to happen. 

Remember to tell the people who you love and appreciate how you feel - it doesn't have to be in a big, dramatic, cheesy way where it's over the top and fake, but compliments or a comment like, "Thank you for __________, it means a lot" goes such a long way. 

Don't go to bed angry when possible - stick up for yourself and bring things up that bother you so that you can discuss them and move on. There is never a good result from holding a grudge, prolonging an argument, or being close minded when someone wants to discuss something with you. Allow yourself to move on from the things that are holding you back in your own life and relationships. 

Love and appreciate people more, and remember to keep telling people - in whatever way you feel comfortable - that you value them and their place in your life. 

With that being said, just know that I appreciate and admire you all, and your comments brighten my day - sometimes I forget to thank you, but I treasure each one of you. xox

7 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This is very true doll, we need to appreciate every day as it's given, have hopes and dreams but, not forget to live in the present and appreciate everything, even the little things :))) I hope you can get some rest, have some fun and have a gorgeous new week doll!! I appreciate you and your blog always <3 <3

HiFashion said...

I hope everything is ok. I recently had the same thoughts after a touch start to the year. You never know what's going to happen so always need to appreciate what and who you have.

Iwona said...

Very cute post:) Great text:) I greet and I invite you to my blog and Winter outfit:) Kisses:)

Elle Sees said...

mwah! much hugs and even more love to YOU!

Sara Louise said...

I treasure you too :) xo

J. said...

Wise words! :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

This post hits really, really close to home for me. wow. It is so true - life really is too short and we can't wait to live our best life "tomorrow." Let's live it today and cherish everything we have. Sending lots of love right back your way