Friday, August 30, 2013

Pumpkin Season Fashion.

I love summer, I truly do. I love being by the pool with a cold beer in hand, wearing sundresses, and being able to self-justify pedicures because I mean, my toes will almost always be exposed. 

However, fall has my heart to the fullest extent. I wish we could have October weather for at least nine months out of the year, and summer for the other three. 

My fall fashion staples include...

Oversized scarfs. 
Please - in all colors, textures, etc. These can pull a simple outfit together and escalate it instantly in such an easy way.

 

Tights. 
I love that tights allow you extra warmth on chilly fall days, while still being absolutely fabulous. This is a time to put the neons away and go for more earth tones with your choice of tights (though some people can still break all the rules beautifully).
Just please, please don't wear tights as pants - make sure your sweater/tunic/whatever at least mostly covers your ass.


Chambray. 
Nothing needs to be said - anything chambray is perfect for fall (or really any time of the year!).


Moto Jackets.
These are perfect, come in a variety of colors, and provide warmth while still being stylish to the fullest extent. If you're vegan, they do make vegan leather now, so no one has to miss out on the trend!

 

BOOTS.
Listen, I don't care what kind of boots you wear - invest in an awesome pair of boots that you can live in during the fall. They are probably the number one reason why I get so excited for fall - I can't wait to break out the boots again.


Fall tones. 
Switch out your brights for more autumn colors - dark greens, garnet red, heather grey, burnt orange, mustard yellows. These tones are flattering on every skin tone and you can find so many gorgeous options that fit your style.


Sweaters.
Chunky, boyfriend, grandpa, oversized.. Fall is all about rocking your favorite type of sweater, especially since jackets aren't completely necessary yet.


Hats.
I never thought I was a hat person, but I've learned that everyone is a hat person, you just need to find the one that looks best on you!
Beanies and berets are my favorite, but there are so many styles out there that are perfect for fall.


Plaid/flannel.
This 90's grunge staple is still a fall fashion must in my eyes.


Of course, some of the best outfits bring a few of these together (as evidenced in the majority of these pictures!).

What are your fall fashion staples?

Enjoy the weekend, loves!

Currently listening to: Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun

All images via Pinterest. 

5 comments:

HiFashion said...

Despite loving summer, I always get really excited for autumn fashion. Chunky oversized knits and boots are my favourite.

la petite fashionista said...

October weather is my FAVORITE! especially now that I'm not living in FL anymore and have real fall weather. :) loveeeeee all of your picks. i'm on the hunt for more fun sweaters.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I love fall too, the leaves, scarves, colors, tights, all of it is my favourite :))) I just wish it didn't bring as much rain here in Scotland, but I still adore it. I hope you have a marvellous fall time doll :))) xoxox

Sara Louise said...

There is so much goodness on this page!
One reason I'm excited for Fall - black opaques are my best friend :)

J. said...

This post really got me into the mood for fall, haha! Great post, basically! :)