Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring, Sprang, Sprung.

Spring is without a doubt my favorite season of the year. It's about that time that I start to feel better in general - the days are longer so I feel more accomplished, the weather is warmer so I don't have to bundle up and feel like the son in A Christmas Story, and I don't have to start my car 15 minutes prior to leaving for work.

Now that Daylight Savings Time has kicked in, I'm gearing up for spring, and am definitely craving the following springtime things...

1. Running outside.
I despise the treadmill. Not one single part of me enjoys running on a treadmill versus running outside. There's something about being outdoors that just helps me become more motivated - plus, I run a LOT faster, which is very encouraging after trying desperately to get my mile time down under 8 minutes on a treadmill and failing each time. First run of 2013, I easily had less than an 8 minute mile - I'm telling you, running outdoors works wonders.


2. Fresh flowers.
I don't know what it is about everything blooming, or being able to put flowers all over that makes me happy, but it does. My new place is filled with vases, ready to pop in some freshly cut daffodils or tulips. Even driving around and seeing all the colors makes me happy.



3. Amendment to #1 - being outside.
I love the outdoors. I remember when I was a kid, if it was sunny and warm out, my brother and I were required to be outside - there was no TV, no hanging out indoors - we were bred to be running around barefoot, playing tag and manhunt, swimming, whatever. This has definitely translated into adulthood - my springs and summers give me this intense desire to be biking, hiking, swimming, laying in the sun - I feel beyond slothy if it's a gorgeous day and I'm inside.



4. Baby animals.
I know, I know - I'm 6 years old. But seriously, baby everything is just the cutest (even baby geese who turn ugly about a week later).

5. Colors.
They are everywhere come spring. Granted, neons were still trendy in the winter, but there's something about wearing bright colors in spring that makes everything seem better.


6. Spring fashion.
Spring fashion week got me pumped for colors, patterns, and weather warm enough to show off some leg. I cannot wait to start seeing skirts and dresses make their comeback while walking around the city.



7. Farmers markets.
God, I love farmers markets so much. Something about buying and supporting locally and enjoying unique and delish vegetables and fruits makes me so happy.


8. Floral.
This goes beyond spring fashion - florals are in a category all on their own. Nothing could make me happier than seeing floral dresses, shoes, bags, whatever. Bring it on.
Paige Premium:


9. Sleeping with the windows open.
No explanation necessary.
 
10. Spring hair, makeup and nail polish.
Spring is when things get a chance ot lighten up from the dark colors of fall and winter.
I love spring colors-  the fresh, light colors and makeup paired along with pastels and fun spring colors on nails. I can't even handle how much I'm loving spring makeup trends.


 

(From top left - Cute as a Button; Off the Shoulder; Mint Candy Apple; Tart Deco).

11. Central Park in Springtime.
There is nothing more beautiful... besides Central Park in summer, fall, and winter.
 

I could probably think of twenty more things I'm excited about for spring, but I will spare you ;)
What are you most looking forward to with spring weather?
Any favorite spring activities that I need to be sure to make time for?

Currently: listening to my students complain that the test I'm giving them is too hard. Suck it up, buttercup (xoxo, Ms. B).

All images were found via Pinterest. Let's follow each other! xox

15 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Oh lordy all those Essie colors are so cute!

Under an 8 minute mile = girl you're crazy fast. I cannot fathom.

I'm looking forward to our Easter weekend in Mendocino. But before that, we're heading to Tahoe Sun-Tues where I will bask in all the glorious snow! After that, I'll be ready to let go of winter (not that we have a "winter" here). :)

Ashley said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! This post just made me so happy. Spring needs to stay! Those nails colors, those dresses, that Ryan Gosling making me motivated to run ;) I love it all. Miss you, girl!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh my gosh! That lamb!! I want to squeeze it!!!!

I'm pretty excited for spring, although it is pretty much spring all year in SoCal lol.

And I am a sucker for spring polish colors :)

Kathy said...

we're both lusting after the same things when spring comes! i'm so tired of this longass winter and it's snowing where i am now :(

i LOVE those essie colors and i'm dying to run outside too. i have a top of the line treadmill in my basement which i loathe; i would much rather run outside.

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing post, darling!
Especially loving the florals!

xoxox,
CC

meghan said...

You really did hit the nail on the head with this post. These are all fantastic reasons to love spring. Running outside and spring fashions are possibly my top two. I need to get some dresses. It's never really cold cold in FL, but it's starting to be PERFECT weather here this week. Hopefully it continues.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Spring is my most favorite time of the year as well. The weather if perfect, not too warm and not too cold and it is the perfect time to sport a colorful floral dress or cute girly outfits. Please say hello to Spring for me and take lots more photos of flowers and well all things spring. On my side of the world we only have two season wet and dry but all throughout the year it is just super hot! Happy Spring my dear!

HiFashion said...

I love Spring so much too. Being outside and wearing pretty/colourful dresses is a highlight of the season. Although, it snowed in London this week so I'm not anticipating the sun anytime soon.

Elle Sees said...

i just wish there wasn't pollen everywhere and allergies.

Laura Darling said...

I am so ready for springtime too! Last weekend it was 60 degrees and sunny here, but this weekend it's freezing cold and has been SNOWING on and off! I guess winter isn't quite over here after all! I hope springs comes soon though, because i am dying for some fresh flowers, open windows, and spending time outside!

Sienna said...

well if i can't run for ryan gosling, i can't run for anything.
haha

lauren @ la petite fashionista said...

I am obsessed with all of your inspiration--- so many of the same things that are inspiring me right now. I cant wait for warmer weather in wisconsin- i'm tired of looking out the window and seeing piles of dirty snow!

for my birthday my boss bought me flowers wrapped up in kraft paper and it was so gorgeous. totally want to do that as hostess gifts from now on!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I just love your list!! I am so excited for colors, flowers, fresh veggies and spring clothes! Byebye winter!!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I love spring as well, am so excited it's finally here. All of these are exactly why I love Spring. The baby animals are wonderful :))))) I hope you have a great day doll!! yes yes to florals ;)) xx

dani said...

Oh girl. That inspirational Gos poster is EVERYTHING.