Thursday, February 21, 2013

Put on Mascara (and your party dress).

It's been a rainy, miserable week in New Jersey. When it's not gross and rainy, it's so incredibly windy that any hopes of your hair staying put is lost the second you step outside of your door.

This has translated into a lot of down time to me - which basically means a lot of post-gym nights in, with a bottle of Pinot Noir (or Malbec, which I housed last night), just listening to music while grading endless amounts of papers.

Clearly Pandora knew the inspriation I needed to get away from the depressing, frigid weather - and the recipe for that was more cowbell.... orrrr, lots of Lana del Ray to keep me company while correcting a mistake in your/you're for the twelve thousandth time this year.



To say I have a girl crush on Lana would sum it up pretty well - her music isn't just perfect on rainy days, but really any day, and her style is just beyond. I've said it so many times - I love when someone looks even more beautiful and put together when they're photographed in the street than when it's been airbrushed for an album cover or magazine. It also blows my mind when there is such a vast difference between red carpet style and personal style - I like when people keep me guessing, which Del Ray is notorious for.



She's already had a Mulberry bag named after her, so clearly I'm not alone in finding her unique retro/vintage style inspiring. Plus, I get instant jealousy from anyone who can pull off a ton of different hair colors and still look ridiculously beautiful.

She's a mix of total badass, but while still being a lady and she just exudes confidence and sexiness in all of her pictures. My mom mentioned to me that she looks like a pin-up, but not in a trashy way since she's usually extremely covered up - it's something about how she carries herself.



If you look closely, you can see her signature talon-like nails (even in a Polaroid!).

With my boy A$AP Rocky.
 In Mulberry.
In Joseph Altuzarra.
 

Simple street style (that, in case you are a student, is an example of alliteration).

Are you a Lana del Ray fan? Whose style inspires you?

Currently listening to: Born to Die - Lana Del Ray

13 comments:

la petite fashionista said...

definitely a fan of her style- i think she's been doing a lot w/ her celebrity status in influencing fashion to be more modest but still attractive!

Claire Kiefer said...

Wow, she really is gorgeous all the time. I cannot imagine what it would be like to look pretty and put together every day. Haha! For instance, I am currently working from home in Matt's XL pajama pants, a tank top, a bathrobe, no makeup (duh), with my dirty hair piled up in a bun. HOT, right??

I'm always inspired by the boho chic girls like Sienna Miller, Rachel Bilson, etc etc. Love it. Anything Free People or my new obsession, Johnny Was.

Hope the weather chills the F out!

p.s. lately I'm all about the Zin.

Ash said...

Is she single?
Does she like Nutella?
Have her people call my people.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I adore her...she is sublime!! Perfect really!! I have a girl crush too :))) I hope the rain will end and the sun will shine again doll, have a wonderful weekend xo

YeamieWaffles said...

I honestly don't think that there's many people as stylish as Lana and these photos prove it, I absolutely adore her myself.

Couture Carrie said...

Love her and these pics ~ fabulous roundup!
Have a wonderful weekend, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Regine Karpel said...

Great photos!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

She's def gorgeous but I can't take her seriously. I saw a spoof video of her before I really knew who she was and the whole dead behind the eyes and slowness drives me crazy. BUT if you like her I obv need to give her another go :)

Sara Louise said...

She is spectacular. I am in awe of her perfect pout.

The Braided Bandit said...

Ah, NJ. That is where I am from too, we got the snow here in Colorado instead of the rain, which I think ruins even more plans! I night in with good wine and music sounds like a perfect fix though!
Hope you're having a great start to your week!
xo Hannah

thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

Kimberly said...

Yep~ I have to say I totally agree! I'm such a huge fan of her style! I'm so glad she's modeling for H&M! =D Do you have twitter by any chance? Maybe we could keep in touch there =) If you add me, please let me know so I can follow you back!

http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
Twitter: Sensiblestylist

Elle Sees said...

Absolutely a fan of her hair/style

dani said...

I was JUST listening to Lana! I saw her play a show in LA about a year ago and she was great, but she only performed for seriously 40 minutes! I was so disappointed!

I still love her anyway. ;)