Sunday, May 13, 2012

Let There Be.. Colors.

I remember a few months ago writing posts on how I absolutely needed to bring more color into my wardrobe, since I was constantly rocking neutrals. Clearly the designers saw my plight and gave an absolute ton of inspiration to pull from.

Designers this season were all about the colors - bright yellows, royal purples, gorgeous ocean tone blues - and they incorporated many of these colors in together for a rainbow of colors being seen on the runways so far in 2012. 

Hello, lovers. 
Florals SS 2012


If 2012 is going to be the end of the world, at least it'll be a colorful one!


Preen (FW 2012; Spring 2012 RTW).
I've been obsessed with Preen for forever (or since 2008) - Justin Thorton and Thea Bregazzi are absolutely brilliant, and keep getting better with time.
 
Preen FW 2012Preen spring 12 

J. Mendel (S/S 2012; F/W 2012 RTW).
Consistently one of my favorite collections year by year, with this one being no exception.  

j mendel ss2012j mendel f2012

Oscar de la Renta (S/S 2012; last gown F/W 2012 couture).
Volume and color? I've died and gone to heaven. de la Renta does it again. 

de la renta S2012de la renta SS 2012de la Renta SS 12de la rentade la Renta fall 12

Thakoon (Fall 2012).
Thakoon really got into the colors - even with colored hair! (And a nail polish collaboration with NARS - major win). 

Thakoon hair 12 NYFWThakoon for NARS
Thakoon fall 12Thakoon 2012


 Peter Som (S/S 2012).
Peter Som was another one of my favorite collections this past year - everything about the colors, structures, the makeup and hair.. I loved every second of it.

Peter Som SS 2012 2Peter Som SS 2012Peter Som Spring 12Peter Som S 12Peter Som SS 12

Rodarte (S/S 2012).
Anything Van Gogh inspired will automatically have a place in my heart. These are very literal, but so absolutely gorgeous and constructed beautifully. 

Rodarte 12 - 2Rodarte 12 SSRodarte SS 12

Proenza Schouler (F/W 2012). 
This fabulous duo has done it again - so much talent, and the collections are so diverse - always.

proenza 2012 fproenza 12

Vera Wang (Bridal 2013).
I know this is bridal, but it's colorful and fits this post. Plus, it's Vera.

wang 2wang

Jason Wu (S/S 2012).
Wu is amazing. And this picture was one of my favorites from all of fashion week. 

Wu NYFW 12

Jason Wu 12Jason Wu SS

Alexander McQueen (S/S 2012).
Sarah Burton is a goddess. She's taken the talented designer's line and  has continued his legacy in such a beautiful way, with exceptional craftsmanship. 

tumblr_m32erwT6621r3ydyuo1_500McQueen1McQueen 12

Prabal Gurung (S/S 2012).
Gurung has become one of my new favorite designers - the talent that he has is unbelievable. That is really all I need to say.

prabal ss2012prabal spring 2012

Chanel (S/S 2012).
Because no post on fashion would be complete without a little Lagerfeld. 
ChanelChanel spring 2012

Which are your favorites? And who are some of your all-time favorite designers? 

Miss/love you all - will catch up on your posts this week when I have some downtime! (Was planning on it this weekend, but it ended up being an insane one). 

Currently listening to: The Bloody Beetroots ft. Les petits pilous - Jolie Fille

19 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

I was so lucky to have just noticed your post! What a fabulous round up of the Spring-Summer runway. I'm really looking forward to the warm weather, I need to do some shopping! Every designer made me squeal in some way-- I wish I could run around in Oscar de la Renta every evening. Thakoon is just so darn cool, I'm glad to see Alex McQ dazzle and I am also very fond of Anna Sui and Dolce&Gabanna in their sumptuous style as well. I hope you had a great weekend and Mother's Day :)

Cheers,
nicole.

Jax said...

Love this post!! My all time favorite designer is actually Rachel Roy and I love Ann Taylor's The Loft. Boring, I know! hahaha If I was richer, I would so be listing Chanel and Gucci!! hahaha

My favorite colors from this season are the bright yellows, tangerine, and cobalt blue!!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Stunning clothes, love the colours and fabrics!! I would wear any of those!! x

amy b.s. said...

i am so loving all the vibrant colors right now!

J said...

loveeee all the color inspiration!! its perfect for spring/summer!

HiFashion said...

If only it was acceptable to wear the Vera Wang wedding line out and about. I always love it. And yay for colour inspiration. I have a pile of coloured jeans waiting for it to stop raining, so they can be worn in the sun!

monica said...

all these clothes are so gorgeous

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You have such wonderful taste - everything is this post is just beautiful!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You have such wonderful taste - everything is this post is just beautiful!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I have been making an effort to wear colors - instead of black and navy - and am actually enjoying neons. I haven't had the guts to venture into prints yet, though. Lol

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing selections, darling!
Especially loving Oscar de la Renta and all those NARS nail colors!

xoxox,
CC

Sienna said...

i love mcqueen<3

Elle Sees said...

i haven't embraced florals yet, but looks of brights have snuck into my clothes!

la petite fashionista said...

I love this!! Color is my signature style(if there is such a thing!) wearing something bright almost seems to automatically give me a cheery disposition!

Xoxo

Estilo Hedónico said...

AMAZING!!

http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

xoxo

Syed said...

Those Vera Wang bridal dresses look so stunning! I will always have a weakness for a super full skirt.

Olive said...

Allison!!! ♥

So glad to see that you're back, I've missed your writing and wisdom, as I've been away from blogger for quite some time myself. I read your previous post too, and I am so happy to see how much you've achieved during these months, I'm very proud of you! Congratulations on your promotion dear, you look so appropriate up in front of that classroom! Never let the one jerk get you down, for every one student who has a nasty remark, there are dozens of soft-spoken or shy students who may not say it, but they appreciate your efforts and are learning from your teachings.
It looks like you are still finding time to go out and have fun with friends, that's great to hear! Sporting the Fossil watch too? I approve ;). I'm staying there for the summer, I really love the staff/managers (and the discount!!) The Spanish Christmas cards cracked me up!
I'm glad to hear you are dealing well with your anxiety and OCD---totally normal but I can see how it could be hindering if you let it get the best of you. You have always been a brilliant, motivated individual, so I know it isn't anything you won't be able to work with. I can't wait to hear more about you living on your own! I'm beginning that chapter soon myself :).

As for this post, I always envy your awesome fashion sense, and these colors are beautiful! I loved the Van Gogh inspired dresses, and Sarah Burton is doing so well with McQueen's line! My guy best friend is going to school for fashion design, and is always raving about her so I've gained a lot of respect for her (and Lee's) work.
I know this was a lot, but I really am glad to catch up on your life! Wish you all the best in the weeks to come!

xox,
Olivia

monica said...

cannot get enough colour and this is gorgeous

Taryn said...

Love all these brite colors, sometimes you just need a boost =)