Monday, November 7, 2011

Jersey Girls.

The past few weeks have just been a wonderful blur - teaching is fabulous, I adore my class, but I honestly spend my free time writing lesson plans while watching reality TV (my only reprieve from the textbooks I'm pouring through).

I've missed the blogging community so much, and am so thankful for those of you that I still can connect with via Twitter and email - I need to play catch up with so many of you, and I promise I will.

My social life has been very limited since I'm pretty tired most of the time (to the dismay of my friends - some of whom have shown up at my house with wine or Starbucks and insisted that I spend a little bit of time with them, while they study and I write plans), but there have been a few highlights lately to kick off my favorite season.

Hoboken (no jokin!) is a city that is across the river from NYC, and is ridiculously convenient and fun to visit. Only recently have I started taking advantage of how close it is, and how many fun bars and lounges line the streets.

A few of my girl friends and I headed there for a "girls night out," and we didn't even let the torrential rain storm and ridiculous traffic keep us from spending time together battling the rain.

DSCI2509

DSCI2510DSCI2511

My friends all made fun of me and called these "dominatrix/sex" shoes, but I love them and think they're fabulous and do not even care.
DSCI2513

The first place of the night was Teak, this amazing Asian fusion lounge with amazing (but subtle) neon lighting and a ridiculous list of sushi and cocktails (I had a Cantelopetini that was CRAZY strong - as in, by the end of one I was totally feeling it). It was the perfect way to start off the night, especially with delicious fried tofu sushi rolls.

034

DSCI2515DSCI2516

From Teak, we braved the weather and headed to 1Republik, a sports bar with a really fun and young crowd. It was the perfect place to catch up and spend time together before catching the train home.

Effects of too many Blue Moons.
DSCI2520DSCI2519DSCI2523

A few weeks later was Kristin's 24th birthday, so the girls and I threw her a surprise party at a local brewery with some of her closest friends. It turned out to actually be a huge surprise, and it was (although some people almost told her about it and ruined it!).

We waited a long time for her to come.
381147_2261381692805_1196326782_32133953_943890433_n

383462_2261382092815_1196326782_32133954_650567249_n

Birthday Soco and lime shots, naturally.
DSCI2526

DSCI2527

Birthdays used to be the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay.
DSCI2532

It was such a fun night (though I woke up slightly cranky the next morning since I am officially a grandma and can't handle staying up past midnight anymore).

The next two days will be a little crazy, but I'm off for conventions Thursday and Friday, so I'll hopefully be able to catch up with you all then. Miss you guys and hope you're enjoying the fall! xox

Currently listening to: Sofi Needs a Ladder - DeadMau5

29 comments:

Diane said...

looks like you had a fun time! i lived in hoboken for two years (many moons ago). haven't been there in forever...

Chevon J. - La Bella Vita said...

You girls look great! And I love your shoes. I've never been to Teak, but it sure looks like a nice laid back spot to hang out with friends.

Little Ms. Fun said...

You ladies looked great! I love your shoes :)

Friends that bring you wine and Starbucks just to spend some quality time with you are definately keepers.

P.S. Deff look into those Natal charts. I'm telling you, they are legit! They dive into your moonscope and all other weird horoscope things I've never heard of. LOL

Couture Carrie said...

Yay for girls night out!
You look so fabulous and happy!

xoxox,
CC

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Seriously, do you realize how cute you are? You always look adorable and I want to squeeeeeze you!! Hehe :)

Looks like so much fun!!

Glad you're able to enjoy time with your friends when you can squeeze it in. Sounds like the job is going fantastically - so so happy for you!

Lindsay said...

I've missed your posts! Lesson planning is taking over my life too. No fun!

And your shoes are ah-mazing!

la petite fashionista said...

yayyy i missed your blog posts!! i totally feel you. working full time has turned me into a gramma too. i'm always tired by midnight haha.

i also share your love of reality TV as you know. Sweet Home Alabama is one of my faves, i've always had a serious thing for southern boys after going to school in the deep south! ;)

Elisa said...

Glad to hear your job is going great. As always you look so stylish!

Ash said...

It's great that you finally took some time off to have fun. It sounds like all you've been doing is getting stuff ready for classes, which I'm sure is rewarding in its own right, but everyone deserves to take a break once in a while - and I'm betting it's been a well deserved break for you :P.

Glad to see you having some good fun again haha.

Sara Louise said...

I totally love your dominatrix shoes! :-)

The Dainty Doll's House said...

Ilove your shoes, they are fabulous!! It's good you got some time to go out and have fun, it's important to keep the mind clear for work, I hope you get time for it more often!! Safe travels for your conventions in the coming days! I wish you a fabulous week flower! xxx

Amin said...

Hello! Have a wonderful week!

HiFashion said...

Looks like you've been having a great time with friends lately! I love hanging with my girls as well! Always the best.

amy b.s. said...

how fun! looks like you guys had a great time! and i am loving your shoes.

Winda Tiodang said...

nice photos!!
i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

J said...

i loveeee your "sex" shoes! haha! they definitely spice up an outfit :)

Pop Champagne said...

ohh looks like you guys had a lot of fun! and hahaha yeah if I stay out past 1am I now wake up cranky too, not like first year university anymore!

Diego R. Wyatt said...

I've missed you!!! I am so excited to hear that your adventures in teaching have gone so well. These outings seem like such fun and a needed breath of fresh air from your busy routine.


Diego
www.howtozipyourfly.com

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you found time to post- but I'm laughing at your first comment about lesson planning and watching reality TV... aka my life. Ha! You look so great in these pictures!!! So adorable. I'm actually a huge fan of those shoes, btw. Perfect for going out and one too many Blue Moons :) Can't wait to hear from you soon! xoxo

monica said...

glad to know ur having a great time :)

Syed said...

I've always wanted to be teacher, it sounds like so much fun. I have a feeling I'd be a thoroughly forgetful one though, plus I'd be rubbish at marking work. And those shoes are hot, hot, hot!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yay for girls night out! you all look lovely! Hope you have a fantastic weekend! We've got a rainstorm coming through so I think it will be an indoor one on my end. xoxo!

Em [The Writer] said...

Oh my gosh thank you so much for the lovely comment, you are the best as always <3

Oh and sounds like a lot of awesome things have been happening lately! Can't wait to hear about another school update and before I forget- those shoes are to die for!

xx

Kimberlee said...

Aww the train to NYC - so many memories :) hehe glad you got out for some girl time!

Lee Oliveira said...

Looks like you had a great time..
Lee x

Kristin said...

A friend that knows when to show up with vino or the 'bucks is a GOOD friend!

aren said...

Awh, I'm glad you've found some time to go out and have a good time! You can only be stuck at home for so long.

I don't know how much my opinion counts, but for what it's worth, I find your heels to be darling. Alas, I can't pull off high heels because of my height. Damn being 5'10"...

Mmm, the sushi sounds good, too.

Have a good week, m'dear!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

How cute are you!? Love the surprise party pictures. Oh... and I love your shoes, too!! Don't listen to them ;)

Olive said...

Allison! ♥

So happy to hear your teaching is going so well :), you deserve it girl! It sounds like you're insanely busy, which must be driving you crazy at times not being able to see much of your friends, but hopefully it becomes easier in time. It's just amazing to hear you're really diving into your career and loving it :).

Your girl's night out looks like so much fun! I can't wait to be 21 and actually get to explore the bars and lounges. I love the pictures, you and your friends are all so pretty!

Hope things are going well for you, and I hope you're catching a break here and there for fun and relaxation :).

xox, Olivia