Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whirlwind.

It's been a whirlwind of a week - one where I think I've been home merely to sleep, and then I'm off again the next morning, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

This past week has been filled with family dinners out since Pat came home to visit for a long weekend, reunions with old high school friends that left me feeling reassured that sometimes things are just really easy and comfortable amongst the best of friends even when years have passed, the consumption of enormous pancakes when a trip to the shore didn't pan out (thanks a lot for the faulty report, weatherman), and obviously many trips to Starbucks.

Pictures and stories to come next week when I finally get a chance to breathe (not complaining - like I said, I wouldn't change a thing about it).

This weekend I'm heading up to the Cape with my parents for a weekend of food, drinks, and just getting away from it all - I'll try to visit your blogs, but if not I'll catch you on Monday!

tumblr_lnn6lbAzTl1qbygswo1_500

Love you all, have a lovely rest of your week and weekend!


Currently listening to: Vampire Weekend - Walcott (this song always, always gets me in the mood for trips to the Cape - especially since it references Jersey in it too! You go, Ezra Koenig).

18 comments:

Legally Brunette Kate said...

Have fun at the cape! Make sure to take a little R&R after your hectic week!

legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I hope you had a beautiful weekend at the Cape doll!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm SO jealous AND happy for you!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world ♥

Please instagram lots of pics for me :)))

MizzJ said...

Sounds like a great week and weekend ahead! Have fun!

Lindsay said...

Story of my life right now! Have a great weekend in the Cape!

HiFashion said...

I've had one of those weeks, where I'm out and about all day, then all night! A lot of fun!

Sounds like you've had a great week though.

Enjoy your weekend away!

Sara Louise said...

This whole summer has been a whirlwind! Isn't it wonderful? Enjoy the rest of it Darling x

fhenny said...

thank you so much for your kind words in my last post dear. appreciate it much!
im feeling much better now
ah looks like you're having some great moments! :)
really love the ipcure you posted. it's so true

xoxo
style frontier

Erika Peterson said...

That list is perfect! Makes me want to bake a surprise cake :)

The PvdH Journal said...

Enjoy! And hopefully we'll get to see some pictures!

PvdH

www.ThePvdHJournal.com

Nicole Linette said...

That sounds like a fantastic way to start the weekend. I hope it's been relaxing, and I can't hear about the rest! Thanks for all your sweet comments ♥

Cheers,
nicole.

monica said...

hope you have a great weekend

i love the little inspirational picture

Syed said...

Hope you're having an absolutely lovely weekend :)

401 said...

I love the Cape, so jealous. Have fun!
Thanks for the comment, stop by again! (:
kate

amy b.s. said...

hope your weekend was great. and i too love vampire weekend! so amazing!

lauren lanza osias said...

beautiful words. hope you had a lovely weekend.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
i'm confused...

simply frabulous said...

I definitely have to find time to do nothing :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Hope you had such a wonderful time at the cape! And I totally know the feeling - life has been such a crazy whirlwind lately!