Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Feeling Femme.

While I love the bad girl kind of look - cropped leather motorcycle jackets, skinny jeans, cutout dresses and shirts that just scream, "I may be pretty, but I'm also a total badass" - I have a soft spot in my heart for all things girly.

It may seem like such a tangent, but lately I've been indulging - in cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (naturally) and Billy's Bakery (which is a new love thanks to my blogging turned real-life friend Lolli), as well as delicious petite macarons from all over Manhattan.

tumblr_lm2l2o8sRE1qai694o1_500tumblr_lmzr5vC3c21qbrr2to1_500

What strikes me about these delicious cupcakes and bite-sized macarons is the color palette they come in - these are so visually appealing in their soft pastels with delicate edging, or swirls of buttercream. The cupcakes and macarons that have been adding to my waistline are decidedly feminine.

So this post is just a collection of some of my favorite feminine looks - from lace to florals, and pretty pastels, to feathers and sequins - and to think that a post about fashion derived from a delicious macaron - Karl Lagerfeld would clearly not approve.

A Little Princess had it down with the lace-y looking cake, even in the 90's (complete with a hair bow).
tumblr_lhkhzywmM01qz9qooo1_r1_500

tumblr_llc7o7trss1qdwo7go1_500tumblr_lmw7dfMjtm1qet7czo1_500

tumblr_lmikngnsbr1qhdrfao1_500tumblr_ln2it9SrrU1qek06so1_500

tumblr_lnf4veVhZv1qjqdhko1_500tumblr_llpx7vcuZr1qc7e5jo1_500

tumblr_ln8uwnJOzS1qax0bvo1_500.pngtumblr_lmb03p7r8o1qhtlzxo1_500

tumblr_lnsjplIFAG1qf0xfdo1_500tumblr_lmyoecWWjl1qcjyv7o1_500

Okay, it's not fashion, but it's still just so pretty, and fits the feminine vibe.
tumblr_lm3rgbPei81qzfpi8o1_500

tumblr_lnzcwie5Wb1qg6lfjo1_500tumblr_lo1yswdNJM1qzh091o1_500

tumblr_lmu6ulLFhE1qh5mgso1_500

tumblr_lnbfp9jGth1qf30zco1_500tumblr_lnzrc5YWw81qcixaoo1_500

tumblr_lo1sb2xLGs1qzuh9ho1_500

And in case you're not in the market for a beaded and feathered Chanel minidress, here are some budget friendly options still inspired by my favorite cupcakes/desserts.

Forever 21 (which is my destination when I'm not buying classic pieces that will last a while - they're so cheap that when they go out of season, you don't even feel any sadness):
feminine

American Apparel (yay bandeaus!).
tumblr_lodfu19HAI1qb2ahqo1_500

Are you a big fan of super feminine looks?
What unconventional places do you draw inspiration from?

Currently listening to: Bassnectar - The Matrix

27 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

i think i need those bandeaus right now!

amy b.s. said...

although i like the edgy look too, i also think it always should have some sort of feminine touch to it. plus, feathers and ruffles are just super fun. on anything.

Diane said...

these are all very beautiful images! I want one of those bandeaus!! soo prettyyy

www.StyleCeviche.com

Miss Sassy Pants said...

I love The Little Princess!

Couture Carrie said...

Absolutely gorgeous post, darling!
Especially loving that yellow gown!

xoxox,
CC

HiFashion said...

I have a huge soft spot for all things girly as well. Ruffles fill me with a joy that leather just can't, hehe. Those macarons look delicious!! Loving all the pictures, especially the one of the house.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm loving these looks! I adore lace and frills but don't wear them nearly as much as I should/want to. I think this post makes me want to change that :)

Hope you are having a great day ♥ ♥ ♥

Love, Lolli said...

I love feminine and gorgeous clothes...such beautiful photos!! And I LOVE how you make the connection between girly clothing and desserts..so perfect!!! Can't wait to get more cupcakes together!! XOXO

TALI said...

every time i visit your blog, its make me happy!!! love to see those beuatiful photos!!!

http://unzippedfashion.blogspot.com/

XO
TAL

Danielle V. said...

Ah! I love everything about ALL of this :)

I need more frills in my life.
I love drawing inspiration from images of the baroque period / Marie Antoinette / Versailles. So beautiful and ornate!

Best,
Danielle
http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

MizzJ said...

Oh yes, I have a deep lasting love of lace and girly pieces like these! They go great with leather jackets and booties too ;)

Ash said...

I too love a fantastic outfit from Forever 21 and I - yeah no I have nothing to contribute to this post (what with me being a guy and all) so I will instead draw your attention to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkH1uldKg1A

Enjoy your day.

Kristin said...

What a beautifully feminine post lady!

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Amazing photos!!!
Love the Chanel!!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!!! I am now following you!!! You are gorgeous!!!! Love your photos!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

Sara Louise said...

It's all so dreamy and creamy!
I love that lavender tiered dress xo

Sabrina said...

Emma Watson is so nice in one of these pics!

http://freakyfriday-sabrina.blogspot.com

monica said...

this is wayyyy tooo pretty!!!

makes me want to have a tea part asap

Gracey said...

I love this post! Sometimes I like the edgier side of things but I am definitely attracted to girly and femenine details as well. By the way, I don't know ANYWHERE around here that sells macaroons, and it makes me sad because I've never had one haha.

Nicole Linette said...

Mademoiselle, you've done it again! Compiling the most lovely pictures, all to thwomping dubtep :D.

Is it awful that I've never had a macaroon before? Though since I'll be in France for almost four months, maybe I should get on that. 30's glamour, Teen Vogue shoots with Chanel and Karlie (have that one posted on my closet), Marchesa, Emma Watson (pre-pixie), Ralph Lauren and Chanel Coutoure -- I'm swooning.

Girly, lovely things are so easy to adore. I really, really hope we meet one day! and that you've had a great week :)

cheers,
nicole.

la petite fashionista said...

l LOVE all of your inspiration images. i always get teased at work for being the ultimate girly girl-- i had on a cream lace dress yesterday! ive yet to try a macaron but i know i'll love them.

Elle Sees said...

Omg love all of this and need to Pinterest it all! And you know that it's called macaron! ,ost ppl get it wrong and that drives me crazy.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love it all! The bows, the lace, the ruffles - everything! You have such wonderful taste! xoxo!

Anait said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post, girl! I'm all about the lace and ruffles and cupcakes. Actually, my waistline is all about cupcakes lol....i should probably work on that.

also, CONGRATS! You won the beauty giveaway!!! I'm going to send you an e-mail tonight, so keep an eye out!! :)

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Love those bandeaus, so pretty :).

Sadie xx


www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

The PvdH Journal said...

First of all I ADORE MACARONS!

Second, I am a fan of the feminine look, but as long as it is paired with a masculine piece... So perhaps not the ultra feminine look after all ;)

PvdH

www.ThePvdHJournal.com

Ocean Dreams said...

Wow everything is SO SO gorgeous! I am in love with the beautiful gowns and the model in the floral outfit is stunning. Everything on this post I could stair at for quite a while.