Monday, June 6, 2011

Photo Diary.

Lately, my time has been spent...

Navigating the streets of Hoboken - in very inappropriate footwear for running to make the train there and back home.

DSCI2357DSCI2366


Meeting new people.

My perfect friend who introduced me to all her fabulous friends.
[Also, please ignore my tomato-red face that is the result of a few too many rum & Diets... merci].
250102_646058162286_18506239_34996210_1925464_n

249738_646058636336_18506239_34996227_4067004_n247687_646058880846_18506239_34996237_1936387_n

249856_646058850906_18506239_34996235_1270415_n

Trying to not be so dependent on my GPS.

(My friends were cracking up because I sat in the garage for 15 minutes waiting for the GPS to finally get satellite. Also, the popsicle melted all over me while I waited).

DSCI2437

Making birthday gifts.

Complete with a CD filled with songs that we listened to in high school.
zh6td

Reconnecting and reestablishing bonds with my brother (and celebrating his 21st!).

DSCI2373

DSCI2380DSCI2392

DSCI2400DSCI2399

Pat's first (legal) happy hour!
DSCI2401DSCI2403



Making highly underappreciated, but completely kick ass playlists for roadtrips with Pat to Connecticut.

IMG00099-20110522-1855

Eating cake.

DSCI2388

PORTION CONTROL.
DSCI2396

2z4l

Spending time with the people I love and truly care about.

DSCI2360

DSCI2416DSCI2417


I've been having a really hard time lately dealing with loss of Poppy as well as some other things going on in my life. Sometimes though, I need to stop focusing on the hurt in my heart, and just think about all the things that make me happy -- hence the inspiration behind this post, as well as the lack of posting lately. I'm hoping to bounce back ASAP :)

Love you all very much! xox
Currently listening to: Monster - Kanye West ft. Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Bon Iver and Nicki Minaj

22 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

What a beautiful and uplifting post, darling!
Love all these pics!

xoxox,
CC

amy b.s. said...

welcome back. looks like when you are having some fun, you're having a lot of it. and looking beautiful doing it!

MizzJ said...

Welcome back! I'm so happy to see that you've been living life to its fullest. Nothing helps you heal faster than spending quality time with loved ones :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I look adorbs in these photos! I am so glad you've been having a great time!

I am really glad you and your brother are getting along. That's so awesome :)

P.S. LOVE your new blogger profile pic!
P.P.S. Random, do you have instagram? Best (FREE) app ever!

The Fat Girl said...

Aww these pictures were awesome. Looks like life is good. Yay!

Lindsay said...

hahaha dying over the portion control picture. glad to see you are doing well my dear!

la petite fashionista said...

i love this post because you really do look so happy! i totally agree. last time this summer when i experienced the lost of my gramma the only thing that helped me bounce back was making a lot of new friends and enjoying life to the fullest :)

Sara Louise said...

It's nice to see you back :-)
Love your train station outfit! And your manicure in the shot of you holding your inappropriate playlist is perfect, what color is it? xo

Ash said...

Welcome back, and nice pics. Glad to see you're trying to get back out there and enjoy life again, very good to see.

And about the GPS wait thing... it might've been quicker if you backed out from the garage to get better signal... :P

HiFashion said...

Looks like you've been having some good times. Hopefully they're making you feel better. I honestly can't imagine life without GPS, lol.

You also look so pretty in all the pictures. Keep smiling!

Diego R. Wyatt said...

Spectacular post. I was starting to go through withdrawal with your posts lol. Welcome back!

It looks like you have been quite busy, but it's great that you have been spending time with friends and family. I'm sure being around them is a great comfort to you at this time.

Great photos, as well. I love you in the striped black and white top and those lovely shoes. I also love your portion control LOL...I am still trying to learn that. Especially when it comes to Crumbs.

Diego
www.howtozipyourfly.com

Lee Oliveira said...

Happy Birthday Patrick..
great photos and great night you just had
lee x

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Looks like you have been busy! And you look so cute - as always!!

▲my• said...

Glad you're back!

Looks like you're having lots of fun! Happy Birthday to your brother :)

That dress is super cute. <3

Syed said...

"Hoboken, no joking" - no idea why I wrote that, I blame Nick and Norah. I never use the GPS in my car, I prefer getting lost and trying to find my way back. Of course I say getting lost...but obviously I'm always in the right place, it's just everything else that isn't ;)

Jocelyn said...

Hoboken is like my new favorite word! I am obsessed. I don't know how I will ever find a place to use it but it is so much fun to say!

Okay sorry... just had to say that. haha I LOVE Nick and Norah. Such a cute show, it made me want to just party all night.

These pictures are so cute. I feel like I was transported into your weekend. I really need to start taking more pictures!

I have been music hunting lately! I will tweet you my best finds later :)
You're gorgeous, I love you, mwahh.

-Joce

Nicole Linette said...

Haha, I adore everyone's "Nick & Norah" references on here with Hoboken. I love how you're taking full advantage of summer and the people that love you!!! You look stunning as usual, and cheers to your brother for his birthday. Keep rockin to Cudi (your mixpod on the blog is sick as well), and I hope to hear from more of you soon!

xoxo,
nicole.

Gracey said...

Very pretty pictures! Your brother's birthday looked fun! Hope everything works out ok for you :)

Jenni @ Story of My Life said...

Awwww Allison... seeing you smiling and happy makes ME happy. Hope you are well, friend!

Aren said...

Haha, I can't imagine how you had no problem with trekking the city in those heels! My feet would covered in blisters by the time the night came to an end. I am strictly a flats-only kind of gal. I mean, high heels aren't detrimental, considering my stature. *Sigh*, I'm just lying to myself.

Anyway, sounds like you had a marvelous night! I love reading about your adventures. :)

Have a good week!

The Tame Lion said...

Unbelievable! Unbelievable!
Your grin is unbelievably charming!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You are seriously adorable! I rely much too much on my phone navigation, too! ;) I am so sorry you are struggling with the loss of Poppy, but it is completely understandable! Keep your chin up, girl. xoxo