Friday, November 19, 2010

Street Stylish.

I love celebrities, and I love fashion, so using basic math, it makes sense that I would love fashionable celebrities.

As much as I appreciate a well-dressed celeb on the red carpet, there's a little part of me that's always saying, "But, they had their high-priced stylist pull an outfit for them, and someone spent hours doing their hair and makeup."

I think this is the reason why I adore street style - on anyone really. The way you dress on your days off (aka days when you are almost 100% sure you will not have your picture taken and be tagged on Facebook) says a lot about your approach to fashion. I think this is why I appreciate and spend a lot of time browsing The Sartorialist - all that street style?! Love, love, love.

When I think of celebrities who I draw fashion inspiration from, I often look at their street style, since, let's face it - I will not be rocking Balmain minidresses anytime soon (or probably ever - hello, I'm an elementary education major).

These are just a few of the celebs I always go to for street style inspiration - I especially love how simple most of the outfits are - and how they're elevated to a much more stylish level through an awesome pair of shoes or handbag.

Which celebrity/celebrities do you think has/have the best style?

Rachel Bilson (who is my favorite, favorite style icon ever):
On_the_Set_of_BFF__amp__Baby_in_Los_Angeles_November_5_2010Leaving_the_Oaks_Gourmet_Market_in_Los_Feliz_November_3_2010

Nicole Richie:
Traffic_school_June_30__2010

Olivia Palermo:
Out_and_about_October_3_2010Out_and_about_in_West_Village_October_20_2010

Victoria Beckham:
Leaving_Pinkberry_Frozen_Yogurt_Store_in_Los_Angeles__April_23__2010

Obviously, the Olsen's have to be on this list.
Mary_Kate_Leaving__quot_Good_Morning_America_quot__in_New_York__February_03__2010Shopping_at_Barney_s_in_New_York__February_19__2009

Mary-Kate:
mary kateMary_Kate_arriving_in_Milan__September_24__2008

Ashley:
ashleyAshley_Out_and_About_in_Hollywood__November_13__2008

Sienna Miller:
Going_to_a_Recording_Studio__July_07__2010Out_and_About_in_New_York__November_25__2009

Beyonce:
Lakers_Game_in_Los_Angeles__February_24__2010

Hillary Duff:
Shopping_in_Los_Angeles__August_31__2010Shopping_in_Pasadena_with_her_sister__September_10__2010

Nicky Hilton:
running_errands_in_Beverly_Hills_October_21_2010

Blake Lively:
Gossip_Girl_set_July_15__2010Photo_shoot_in_NYC_October_15__2010

Kate Bosworth (who could wear a freaking paper bag and still look perfect):
At_LAX__September_3__2010At_the_post_office_in_LA__October_8__2010

Leighton Meester (these Alexander Wang shoes are too gorgeous for words!):
Gossip_Girl_set_July_26__2010

Stylish Hills stars - Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth:
Out_and_about_in_Los_Angeles_November_2_2010lo bosworth

What is your go-to outfit on a "day off" from dressing up?
Are you the type to always be in a dress or skirt, or do you prefer denim?
(I love me a good cardigan, leggings or jeggings, and boots!).

14104_531185348443_30202579_31436531_5303270_n5413_523171408443_30202579_31135901_5914915_n

Even in China, I can't give up on my love of cardigans. :)
29901_467447374464_525199464_6096509_3810566_n

Currently watching: The Millionaire Matchmaker. Is it ridiculous that I DVR this show? I love Patti, especially when she puts people in their place! (And today she said she is 49 and I cannot even believe that for the life of me!).

13 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous inspirations, darling!
Especially loving the Olsens!

And I love that show too ~ Patti is the best!

xoxox,
CC

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Ammaazing... I have always wished I looked that good on a daily basis! :)

Croatian_Latina said...

I love all your picks. I think it's about confidence and the right accessories.Allison you girl look good in anything!

I like denim, and simple and comfortable pieces. I still can't manage to wear high heels, maybe that's why I like Olivia Palermo's look the most.

Ps. (we don't celebrate thanksgiving here, although last year we managed to get a couple of expats to our home and we had turkey and green bean casserole and even cranberry jam. it was fun. but this year we are taking a road trip instead.
I will be going home for xmas! Beli and me. I'm very excited. (only stressed about the 23 hour trip)yuck, but I'm hoping it's not too bad for Beli.

have fun baking!

▲my• said...

I love Leighton's outfit!

On my day off I tend to go for a pair of skinny jeans, a racerback, and a lightweight cardigan. Usually paired with keds or some other comfortable shoe. I'm just not a heels girl. That's a weddings/funerals item for me.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Ha! I am so with you on cardigans...I'm wearing one now. They are like my saftey blanket. My friend calls me a "square" because I wear too many of them!

I love LC and Lo's style. Maybe becuase they are fellow CA gals, and we all lived in the OC at one point. Whatever the reason, I am always drawn to what they wear.

Kinsey Michaels said...

you make a really good point about celebs being stylish, BECAUSE of their stylists! at least some choose not to hire one. i remember watching keeping up with the kardashians and kim had a stylist who would even pick outfits just for her to go on a shopping trip where they knew she'd be photographed. it's all about image! i'm with you on olivia and rachel. love their sense of style!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Thank you - I love your blog, you always have the best content :) You don't tell your real life friends about your blog? I do, but I don't advertise it - but because it is on my facebook, I think a lot of them read it :)

HiFashion said...

This post is street style heaven!! I love the Olsens, Rachel Bilson, Nicole Richie, Sienna Miller, Hilary Duff and LC as well. They all look amazing. I also love Ashley Tisdale's Street style.

You look great in the pictures. vLove your cardi's. Mine is a good pair of jeans. I love them.

Lady Lipstick said...

OMG girl I almost peed in my pants reading your comment on my outfit post!! I had to read it to my husband too esp the part about CSI!! You are too funny!
I absolutely adore Rachel Bilson and I am digging that rooty hair look she has going on!!

XX

FASHION ICE said...

love olsens, sienna and olivia. and yes i love millionaire matchmaker!
feel free to follow xoxo
twitter: @FASHION_ICE

la petite fashionista said...

perfect, "casual" inspiration! i'm one of those people who even on a day when i'm not dressed up, still likes to feel cute-- these are exactly the kinds of looks i channeL!

xoxo

Kristin said...

I have professed my love for R. Bil and Nic Rich many a time and I will continue to do so. Looooooooooove their style!

LiLu said...

I am OBSESSED with Patti. You better believe that shiz will be taping tonight (unless I'm watching it live)! ;-)