Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Anthropologist.

In New Jersey, you can't throw a rock without hitting a mall, especially where I reside in Bergen County. Malls are everywhere, with many strip malls opening up as well. This is not good news for a twenty-two year old post-grad, with a (very) part-time job, and not much income - especially one with a penchant for designers and fashion.

As much as I love fashion, I love the idea of moving out of my house more. Therefore, I have been sticking with trying to make better use of my wardrobe - pairing older shirts I have in different ways with belts or different accessories, and saving my money for pieces that I can wear in a few ways.

As I start penning my Christmas list (in October), I have been sending email after email to my parents and grandfather of my Anthropologie wishlist - which never stops growing because of how fabulous absolutely everything is in that store! (And all the lower-cut tops make me wish my bubbies were bigger, so maybe I'll ask for a boob job for Christmas too? Just kidding, kind of).

So, until I either get a full-time job, marry someone exceedingly rich, or win the lottery, all I can do is look... and pressure my parents to get me some amazing Christmas gifts!

"High tea" blouse (too perfect for words) and the "Bracken Stripe" blouse. Gor-geous.

High tea blouseBracken Stripe Blouse

The Obi sash on this "Falling First" blouse is too gorgeous for words.

First falling blouse

I die for these sweaters - the "Rainbow Trellis" cardi and "Filamentous" cardi.

Rainbow Trellis cardiganFilamentous cardigan

I also love how there is so much of a 50's "Mad Men" ish feel to a lot of the dresses in the fall line. The "Vestiges" dress, "Sugar Coated" shirtdress, and "Braque Bodice" dresses all scream "Betty Draper" - but with a modern twist on them too.

Vestiges dressSugar-coated shirtdressBraque Bodice dress

The "Babergh" and "Yukata" dresses are also just beyond.

Babergh dressYukata dress

I could totally see Charlotte York wearing this "Cym & Ripple" red coat.

Cym & Ripple Coat

The "Namaste" pullover and "Montpellier" sweater

Namaste pulloverMontpellier top

I absolutely adore robes - though right now my big, fluffy, white one is not looking as desirable as the "Waving Slumber" or "First Sip" robe.

Waving Slumber robeFirst Sip robe

Even though I'm on a may-jah budget right now, the one thing I do allow myself to splurge on is premium denim (I'm sorry, it just does something for females that regular denim doesn't!). Anthropologie is my #1 stop for Seven for all Mankind and Joe's denim (though I don't kick J Brand or AG jeans out of bed either).

Joe's Muse and Socialite denim (I swear by the Socialite! I have both the Socialite, and the Socialite kicker... hello, my name is Allison and I am addicted to Joe's Jeans).

Joe's MuseJoe's Socialite

Seven for All Mankind Roxanne and J Brand Houlihan (which has been seen by like, every celeb).

7FAM RoxanneJ Brand Houlihan

Even Anthropologie lingerie has the best names - the Romance Novel, Surreptitious corset, and Afternoon Tea.

Romance Novel setSurreptitious corsetAfternoon Tea set

And, of course, a girl can never have too many handbags - the "Cara Cara" (my fave), "Sepia" saddlebag, and "Petite Ecole" messenger bag are just too stunning for words.

Cara Cara bagSepia saddlebagPetite Ecole messenger bag

And yes, I am going to send both my parents a link to this blog post! ;)

What are your favorite stores to browse/shop in?

Currently listening to: Adele - Chasing Pavements

8 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous selections, darling!
Especially loving the lingerie.
And LOVE that song you are playing!

xoxox,
CC

fhen said...

such adorable wishlist dear!
love the redcoat and the lovely lingerie!
hope you're dong well

xoxo

HiFashion said...

Love this wishlist. Everything is so pretty. I need that third blouse...and the red coat...and all those bags. Maybe I should start on my Christmas wishlist as well.

Jenni said...

Oh dear, DO I understand your obsession with Anthro. Most amazing and versatile store EVER, not to mention exceedingly over-priced. I am never a more eclectic mix of ridiculously overjoyed and horribly devastated as when I am in that store. I want EVERYTHING, so sometimes I just get nothing since I can't have it all. LOL!!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, and yes, aren't Coopers the best?! :)

J said...

OMG all those things are great! I can't choose which I like best! But I do love that first top, the high tea blouse, so cute!! Anthro is awesome!

Keith said...

These are such beautiful items to have a on wishlist. I hope you get as many of them as possible.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm a big fan of Colin Firth and Nicholas Hoult. I loved their film "A Single Man."

Hope you had a great weekend. Take care.

Kristin said...

Good for you trying to save! I hope Santa brings you some of your Anthro lust object. I heart that sweater so!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I am loving your list! you have great taste!