Monday, September 13, 2010

Une Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher

Summer used to be my favorite season of the year - I love bikinis, my pool, spiked lemonade, and not having to put on a North Face every time I want to leave my house or apartment at school. However, there is something really magical about the return of fall, which myself and my dear friend over at New England Girl mark by the return of Starbucks Spiced Pumpkin lattes - because really, who cares what the date is - that is the true mark on cooler weather to come.

To me, fall is more about the spiced pumpkin lattes that cause my bank account to slowly deplete - it means that I can sleep with my windows open and more warm blankets, that I can start already dreaming about Thanksgiving (and the fact that we'll head to the Little Pie Company for a sour cream apple walnut pie - heaven!), that apple picking is right around the corner, and of course, that I can break out my boot collection.

I adore boots - it all started with Ugg boots, and judge all you want, but I still really like them and don't think that anything is more comfortable. Now, my closet is filled with boots - to the point where I'm seriously slightly in a Carrie Bradshaw predicament - when there is not enough room for the shoes I already have, but it seems like I keep finding more and more shoes that need a place in my closet.

If I had a ton of money at my disposal, I would definitely stock up on all types of boots - Wellies, riding boots, knee high boots... I die just thinking about it. Unfortunately, as an unemployed education major, I probably will not be buying any of these any time soon (except maybe a few pairs of Wellies), but I can still look, and fall more in love with fall as I do (while sipping a pumpkin spice latte, obviously!).

These Wellies would make me long for a rainy day! (Missoni, Valentino, Jimmy Choo).

Missoni welliesValentino

jimmy choo wellies

Mulberry (I am obsessed with Mulberry anything lately!).

Mulberry riding bootsMulberry

Chloé

Chloé

Christian Louboutin

Louboutin

Burberry

Burberry ankle boots

Fendi

Fendi

ModCloth

Mod Cloth wearwithal boot

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Marc by Marc Jacobs

Mou

Mou

Belstaff (I do not even know what I would do for these boots - they're absolute perfection).

belstaff

Both pairs from Lulus.com - the first pair is $48.00 (!) and the second is $46.50 (!!).

lulus michael antonio 48.00lulus bamboo boot 46.50

Favorites?
Anyone else excited about the change of season coming up? (And does anyone else mark the seasons by what types of drinks Starbucks is selling?) ;)

Miss you all - lots going on, which is the reason for moi not posting on your fab posts - I have been reading and missing you all! :) xox

Currently watching: Hoarders. I can't help it - it just absolutely fascinates me (and horrifies me at the same time).

9 comments:

Tom Cupples said...

Hey Alison - have a look at these wellies which featured on a UK programme recently - and well done with your French! It's better than mine!!

http://www.wedgewelly.co.uk/

Morgane said...

Les bottes sont faites pour marcher et moi aussi je les adore !
I just bought some like your belstaff ones ( called pirats boot) i love them and i can 't live without my uggs and emu as well... Can't wait to have some crispy days !

HiFashion said...

I love this Boots post. I'm so obsessed with boots. I can't wait to be able to afford a pair of Hunters, and those ulberry boots are to die for.

▲my• said...

MARC JACOBS

I absolutely mark the season by Starbucks' menu. Halloween/Thanksgiving=Carmel Apple Spice
Christmas=Peppermint Mocha/Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa

I'm towards the end of the second season of GG. I started watching over the summer when I got season one from the library, and have been hooked ever since!

Couture Carrie said...

OMG those Mulberry boots!

Gorgeous post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

yiqin; said...

Those boots are super rad heheh

Keith said...

I love all these boots. So incredible. I love the fall. There's so much I love about it. The leaves changing colors is always beautiful. I also love Halloween.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh I love these! I want a pair of Hunter rainboots!

Kristin said...

Those Valention wellies are soooooo pretty!