Monday, September 27, 2010

Black & White.

Sometimes, I think that there really doesn't need to be words, or even color to express something, even on a deep level. Maybe it's the fact that it's a gloomy, rainy day - the type that makes the whole day seems a bit bleak, and gray out that is inspiring me to look for the beauty in the black, white, and gray that flickers through my window, or maybe it's the fact that I always have adored and been fascinated by minimal color in everything - fashion, photography, and decor.

I have such a love for black and white photography (and film, hellooo Alfred Hitchcock!), and photographers like Hedi Slimane who primarily photograph in the black and white style, and can still capture emotion so beautifully.

This post is going to be primarily image based - I hope that the black and white photography will inspire all of you as much as it does me. Because sometimes, a girl (or guy!) really doesn't have all that much to talk about, but can still be completely inspired.

tumblr_ksfzpc7nwp1qzdroso1_500

SBrbeMGhhqca1crg3u8v99h1o1_500

SBrbeMGhhq444697X5bDwp0bo1_500

I honestly don't get the big thing over Pattinson, but I have to admit, these pictures are pretty hot.
tumblr_kshse2QgFv1qzsuc7o1_500

tumblr_ksk0tpQpO71qzdroso1_500


SBrbeMGhhqa08xyvrlpNy14No1_500

SBrbeMGhhqc5ilhitoz5DTFfo1_500


SBrbeMGhhqc1q4pf9c78FxfNo1_500

Remember this movie?
tumblr_l2am8rUT7u1qzfpako1_500

tumblr_kt7zfnJC281qzdroso1_500

DTeGzzj2Qq3lldz3xp7ck4XUo1_500

"You don't have bones of glass - you can take life's knocks."

youdonthavebonesofglassyoucantakelifesknocks

SBrbeMGhhqdqqascpYQbFHjTo1_400

SBrbeMGhhqh0zjtvuDhIcllKo1_500

tumblr_kqtwvlZ9bV1qa2qlfo1_500

tumblr_kxfvlok5sX1qa07vyo1_500

Bambi?
tumblr_kz2ji3LWjs1qzdiqvo1_500

tumblr_l1op95PPs91qztfifo1_500

kq8rQ7rHtoe6oupr9iQ6F1Qeo1_400

Audrey with Bambi?
tumblr_kptp7jHHS71qzt8yio1_500

Favorites?
What is your take on black and white photography?

Currently listening to: Sea Wolf - You're a Wolf, while sipping a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I'm trying (without success) to cut back on the Starbucks.

P.S. At 2:30 p.m., I start my new part-time job working in a school district's after-school program. It's veryyy low-paying, and only like, 15 hours a week, but I'm hoping for the best. Thinking of all of you in your search for jobs/dealing with crappy work situations/loving your work! Thanks for all the well wishes for moi - this isn't exactly what I had in mind, and not enough so that I'll be able to move out, but it's still something!

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

I adore black and white photography. Great choice of pics! I've never seen that one of MK & A. Obsessed!!

Morgane said...

love thos epictures as an huge fan of black and white / love the tattoo quote too taken from "amélie Poulain"...
At least you have a little job , sure the big one will follow!

Jocelyn said...

ah! i love this post so much. Really, this is gorgeous. I really love the one of that tattoo. Gorgeous.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/09/102-year-old-lens-on-canon-5d-mkii/

read this amazing article about photography, you'll love it i just know.

ps. i love "You're a Wolf" we are kind of like the same person. I kinda sorta love it haha

Gracey said...

Those pictures are so gorgeous! I LOVE the Audrey Hepburn one, it was the background on my computer for the longest time :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Congrats on thew job! And good luck :)

I love black and white everything, I actually just posted about it yesterday! My apartment is in black and white for the most part. All of my art is black and white. I especially love black and white photos of trees in the fog. Beautiful!

HiFashion said...

I love Black & White pictures. They have an amazing effect to them.
My favourite is definitely the one of the Olsens when they were kids.

Syed said...

I think black and white photography will have that primacy of emotion, because once colour is removed it gets back to the most basic art of photography - playing with light and shadow. The Bambi look-a-like is my favourite :)

Couture Carrie said...

These are all so gorgeous, darling ~ it's impossible to pick a fave!

xoxox,
CC

maureen @ The Inglenook Decor said...

yes...all so classic! I guess my fave would be the Audrey Hepburn one...I rarely see a picture of her with her hair down...just gorgeous!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love the Audrey one!!

Gayle is Volatile said...

Nice! These photos have me lost for words. I was really amuzed by each one. Great post!

-Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Congrats on the job! Like you said...it's something! And I LOVE that shot of Kate lining her eyes!

Pop Champagne said...

i find that b&w photos sometimes are the most suductive! and awww what a cute baby deer!

Olive said...

Remember me?
:). I've missed your blog so very much, your posts were always so lovely to read. I'm sure I've missed out on ton while I've been gone. I hope that life has been treating you well :).
Black and white photography beautiful. I really love the photo of the tiny fawn..:) Just makes me go "awww", haha. I'd love to pet a deer that tiny.