Saturday, April 10, 2010

The ABC's of Moi.

There was a big chunk of my blogging history when I focused on just meeee. My life, my stories, my puppy, my struggles with living as a single girl... everything. That got boring and redundant, because let's face it, my life is not that exciting.

However, I do like to talk about myself. I mean, it is MY blog, so clearly my opinions and thoughts and little stories and pictures are about me, and the posts are about what inspires/makes me happy (or pisses me off, if you catch me on the right day!).


Sometimes though, even though I try not to bore you with roommate drama, or too many stories about J or moi, someone like my girl Tracy posts a fun survey that I feel like I have to share (especially in the hopes that all of you will do the same so I can learn more about all of you!).

A - Age: 22

B - Bed size: Full at home, Twin at school

C - Chore you hate: Dishes. Ugh, I seriously want to vomit just thinking about them.
Especially because in my apartment right now there is a sinkful of dirty dishes
with crusted food on them - ick!

D - Dog's name: Cooper

E - Essential start your day item: Depending on the weather, either a hot or iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks; a banana or Greek yogurt (or both, yummm!)

F - Favorite color: Light yellow, sage green (very Crayola, I know)

G - Gold or Silver or Platinum: Platinum

H - Height: 5'5"

I - Interesting fact about yourself: I have lived with the same girl for all four years of college. We were randomly matched up our freshman year, ended up growing really close, and have lived together for four years now!

And, since I am very interesting, another fact is that J and I have lived a half hour from one another our whole lives; I went to private school where he went to church, and I was really good friends with his cousin, but it took us coming to college to meet each other!

J - Jewelry you wear every day: My silver bead earrings and matching bracelet

K - Kids: Right now the only kids in my life are my fourth graders

L - Living arrangements: Outside of Philly (on the Main Line) in PA with my three roomies;
Bergen County, NJ with my parents and brother and cutesy little puppy (who is not a puppy anymore and is not so cutesy when he gets "separation anxiety" and eats my comforter and rugs)

M - Mom's name: Belle

N - Nickname: Ally, Al, Allygator

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: This past year when I had a stomach bug; passed out from dehydration and bumped my head/had memory loss. 3 days in the hospital, ick!

P - Pet peeve: When people pull food off their forks with their teeth and not their lips so it makes this horrible scraping sound. I die, I really die.

Q - Quote: "I have found that paradox, that if you love until it hurts,
there can be no more hurt, only more love."
-Mother Teresa

R - Right or left handed: Left!

S - Siblings: 1 brother

T - Time you wake up: 6:20 a.m., every morning.

U - Underwear: Always, especially when wearing dresses or exiting cars

V - Vegetable you dislike: Broccoli!

W - Ways you run late: Stopping for coffee, moving too slowly, second (fourth, fifth) guessing my outfit, hitting traffic on my way to school


X - X-rays you've had: Arm, nose, head, ankle...all that radiation - niceee!

Y - Yummy food you make: I make the best penne with vodka sauce EVER.
I promise, it's the best.

Z - Zoo favorite: Seals :)


And the wonderful Morgane who is tres chic and French tagged me in a fashion inspiration post.


1. Who is your fashion inspiration?
I'm inspired by effortless fashion, people who are chic, but don't look like they spend all day trying to plan the perfect outfit. They just are themselves and have some innate sense of fashion (from birth, probably!).
People like: Rachel Bilson, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Nicole Richie

rachel-bilson-citizens-angel-jeans-jt440rachel_bilson_2

Exclusive: Mary Kate Olsen Out And About In New York (No France, No Australia/New Zealand, No Germany)32129_celeb-cityeu_ashley_and_mary_kate_olsen_go_to_nobu_in_malibu_172007_21_122_916lo

Nicole+Richie+Harlow+Shopping+Toys+8yuJ43lWd-3lnicole-richie-picture

2. What is your favorite socialite lit book?
I LOVE Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes, and I also love Maneater by Gigi Levangie Grazer

n156332n144978

3. Favorite party theme?
I love parties with a famous couples theme. You have to be really creative so you don't have the same costume as someone else!

DSCI1990

4. Go-to Halloween costume:
See above. That was one of my best.

5. Extravagance you can't live without:
My car, Starbucks coffee, Seven for All Mankind denim

6. Living person you admire:
Oprah. I know, cliche.

7. Greatest fear?
Getting dismembered by a shark.
Someone chasing me (especially up stairs - it makes my heart pound to think of it!)

8. Trait you deplore in yourself:
Indecisiveness, being too self critical

9. Which talent would you most like to have?
I'd love to be able to sing. I used to be pretty decent until I ruined my throat (see below).

10. Greatest achievement:
I'd say overcoming an eating disorder.


I really want all of you to try this! It's fun to think a little differently, and is a nice way to spend a sunny (but really cold!) Saturday afternoon! (Says a lot about me).

I hope you're all doing well! I miss you all and will be catching up soon! And thanks for the help with the stretch template...does it look okay?

Omg, and CONGRATS to Amy for being the winner of the Misikko giveaway! Congrats and let me know when they contact you, girl!

Currently: Watching Glee for the first time! I LOVE it so far :)

16 comments:

♥Aubrey said...

I love this post!!! It shares more about yourself :)

I'm gonna have to complete these ABC's.

Have a wonderful weekend. Miss ya!

Morgane said...

love your réponse post ! thanks for doing it : i've learnt a little bit of you !

Kicking couture said...

Love love it!!seriously love the costume haha. I shall have to do it soon! I ahve a billion posts lined up before tho :( xxx

Eddie said...

OMG. This is why I'm in love with you. I absolutely enjoyed reading each and every one of your answers as they were completely original and salaciously interesting.

You've officially inspired me to answer the same questions on my highly ignored blog of late. Love you more than a crack-head loves his crillz.

Besos,

Eddie

▲my• said...

fun! i think i may do these in my next post :)

and thank you so much! haha i was in dire need of a new straightener so winning was pretty cool! :D

HiFashion said...

This was so fun to read!! I love getting to know more about other bloggers!!

And Yes: Rachel Bilson has amazing style.

Elisa, Croatia said...

Hey ALlison, thanks for the ABCs I think it's a great idea, to share a bit about ourselves. Makes blogworld more personable. :):)

All your answers are genuine and interesting. it was fun to read.

saludos

Elisa, Croatia said...

Allison, I forgot to ask you would you mind sharing how you stretched your template? I'm interested in doing the same.

thanks

J said...

thanks for sharing!! i have the same celeb inspirations and i do adore themed/costume parties! :) Glee is amazing, love the soundtrack! im actually listening to it right now..

Couture Carrie said...

Really fun tags, darling! Love all the pics!
I'm scared of sharks too!

xoxox,
CC

Elizabeth Marie said...

We have the same style icons! LOVE IT.

And we run late for the same reasons..and we are both too self critical-basically the similarities are endless :)

Miss you love. Let's set a phone/skype date up?!

Iva said...

that is such a cute halloween costume!! ;)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

This is so fun! I loved learning more about you! I love seals too!

Nicole Linette said...

I really love the survey Allison, it's catching on all over the blogs :D That's soooo amazing how you and J came together despite the distance. It's incredible how people can connect unexpectedly, and then they leave this unforgettable mark on your life. Cheers to being left handed!! Haha and.. I totally remember when you posted about your vodka cream sauce! you're fabulous :)

I can't wait to do these myself. Have an excellent weekend!
~ nicole.

Kristin said...

R. Bil and Nicole...they can do no wrong!

Is said...

I love that Mother Theresa quote.

My pet peeve has to be when pencil erasers have been worn down all the way and someone still tries to erase with them, and the metal bit scrapes across the paper.