Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wedding Wednesday (On a Thursday).

There are a few main reasons why I love having a secret blog. I love the anonymity of it, and the fact that I can express my feelings without worrying that someone I know might be reading it and judging me. I can share my passions and things that a lot of people in my everyday life might not know about, without feeling exposed or vulnerable. This post is making my extremely happy that no one from my "real life" knows about my blog - because the last thing I would want is for J to think I'm trying to hint towards something (definitely not!).

I love weddings. I love going to them, I love planning my (very far into the) future wedding, I love the dresses, the decorations, the food. Now that TWO of my roomies are engaged (with one getting married in June), I feel like it is just fueling my love of weddings. My one roomie R and I (aka the two girls who aren't engaged in the apartment) are always comparing notes on what we want for our weddings - I know this makes us sound 100% pathetic, but I promise we talk about other things too.

For the most part, I think every little girl (and grown-up girl too!) dreams about her wedding day - unless you are like Ms. Samantha Jones, and if that's the case, good for you, girl! Maybe it's because I have a huge family and grew up going to weddings, and being a flower girl (like 15x, seriously), but I've always loved them. When I was in fifth grade, I started pulling ads and articles from magazines, compiling them into a binder, which has grown and grown over the years. (I'm horrifying myself with this, seriously). But the more I see, the more inspired I get by all the creativity out there!

So in honor of my two roomies, I'm posting some of my favorite wedding inspiration pictures found from all over (Many from Style Me Pretty and Polka Dot Bride).

And trust me - the one roomie is having a purple and black color scheme - she could use the advice ;) Just kidding, but seriously when my mom saw the invitation she said, "Oh wow, Al, I didn't know they were having a Purple Rain theme!".

Clearly I have no direction with this, these are just little things I love! Hopefully I'm not completely turning people off of my blog with all my future planning! ;)

Mojitos in a pitcher! Mmmm.

Basic RGB

I think it's safe to say I have a love for paper lanterns. Simple chic.

real-wedding-blackwood-41-lr

luci-cameron-butterfly-wedding561

Real Wedding - Heather, 3

cake4

Michigan-wedding-7

J'adore tulips. And these ones are so beautiful!
budget-wedding-2a

myrtle-and-marjoram-1e

budget-wedding-4

simone-12

carla-4

I love this color scheme and these dresses!
DIY-Wedding-

Currently: Watching Survivor. I can't help it, I love it and hope it never ends.

P.S. The gorgeous Couture Carrie, who won the Misikko giveaway emailed me and mentioned that she already owns a flat iron from Misikko - with that being said, I will update tomorrow with the NEW WINNER of the flat iron, since she was gracious enough to tell me to pick a new winner! :)

P.S.S. I really want to update my blog and try to resize it... I feel like it looks so cramped and unstylish - any tips or ideas? I'd love to pay someone to do it, but unfortunately student teaching/paying for gas and being unemployed is really killing my bank account! Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated! xox

18 comments:

New England Girl said...

Like you, I LOVE weddings.
I've never been into fashion or personal style or anything super girlie -- you can blame my brothers and gazillion boy cousins for that -- but I have always had a fascination with weddings.
I love the colors, the fabrics, the atmosphere, the cakes, the dress, the tux... everything and anything.
Weddings make me happy.
And these photos and inspiring images are SO gorgeous and SO perfect. Thanks for sharing them. They've brightened up my night tremendously. :)

Tracy-Girl said...

Amaazing.. I always have loved weddings too! :) I love the colors in that grey and white wedding, too!

Kristin said...

I adore the lanterns. SO beautiful!

曉豪 said...

成功招引朋友,挫敗可考驗朋友........................................

▲my• said...

i sometimes dream about my future wedding too. maybe not often but when i do the daydreams go out of control.
i want a reception like the gypsy boat party in chocolat. gypsy music, and lights and lanterns, good food, and dancing. :)

HiFashion said...

These are fantastic pictures. Like every other girl, I've planned my perfect wedding as well.

Kicking couture said...

Love it, it seems to sum you up :)
darling you need to use the stretch template!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So so pretty! Style Me Pretty is a great site! Happy Friday my dear!

Iva said...

so beautiful!

Morgane said...

I love weddings , for the others! Believe me or not but i'm living with my BF for 12 years , yes , and i never ask him for marry me ! I guess is my extreme love of no-conformity that explain that !
But seeing a beautiful wedding and beautiful groom and bride overwhelm me of course !
The pictures are lovely ...
I agree with you : my blog is a secret one , in this way i can totally be ME !
Thanks for all your sweet comments , they make me feel sooooo happy !
HAVE A NICE WEEK END!

Elisa, Croatia said...

What a refreshing way to begin the weekend. ALthough my blog is not too secret as it is a way to keep my family worldwide updated about our life here in Croatia, at times I do wonder if I should change the name of my daughter. Maybe with time. Have you updated to the new blogger? I have been getting reminders when I log in, it's suppose to offer you new templates? I haven't done it myself (lazy I guess) but maybe you can give that a try.

Happy Easter and have a good weekend!

Morgane said...

I've atgged you on my blog !

fhen said...

oh wow this post is great!
sometimes i dream about my future wedding too
but i like to attend wedding to see the decor, the gown, everything
it will be nice to have a dream wedding to be real someday :)
wow purple and black? those are my fave colour you know! haha

xoxo

Kinsey Michaels said...

i absolutely adore your blog allison! count me in as a new follower ;) we like a lot of the same things!
i love the art of wedding planning too, even though i'm not engaged (yet). the paper lanterns and colorful drinks are so fun.

Couture Carrie said...

I love weddings too, darling!
Gorgeous post!

So glad you are picking a new winner :)

xoxox,
CC

Nicole Linette said...

Alright so I am eons behind on blog reading and this post, but I must comment anyway because your posts and blog are always fantastic. As far as the layout, maybe you could use the blogger templates and find something wider? Or maybe even using a different font will be a refresher. I try to find a color theme, or at least coordinating ones, and with a header change everything feels new. I hope you figure something out you like :D be sure to keep all your muse photos!!
When I'm in arts and crafts stores, I find myself flipping through the wedding dress catalogs.. XD! It seems you've always been quite savvy about decorating and design, so it doesn't surprise me at all that you love weddings and envisualizing your own :). You have an eye for aesthetic that is simplistic yet beautiful. The modern-country-meets-uptown look.. I love it. And I know that when your wedding day arrives, it is going to be divine; and certainly one to remember for all the attendees and that lucky guy :))

I hope you're doing really well.
~ nicole

Syed (dapper kid) said...

Is it weird that I'm a guy and I often find myself planning my perfect wedding in my head? Keep thinking of what kind of tux I would wear and all the accessories. But obviously the dress is up to her!

Aren said...

I love tulips! I just love flowers in general and now, that it's spring, it's the perfect time to see them in bloom. :)