Friday, December 4, 2009

Not Letting the Stress Get to Me.

Holy moly...I cannot even tell you how stressed I am right now! This week has absolutely been hell week, and then I can promise that after finals week is over next week, I will be back to my normal, regular commenting self - promise!
Being an education major, rather than have finals, we just have these massive final projects, usually that are worth up to 60% of our grade...and I had three huge projects due this week, and two tests on other days. It was super exhausting, and right now, all I want to do is curl up and sleep for days and days.
Rather than just be stressed, rip my hair out and cry for days, and eat until I gain 50 pounds and then have something else to cry about, I've decided to do another inspiration/favorite things post. That always cheers me up, and de-stresses me for a bit!

Starbucks Holiday cups.
I can't explain it...when I see those red cups, I am just beyond happy. And their holidays drinks are pretty freaking perfect too...I had my first gingerbread latte the other day and I'm hooked!

starbucks_christmas

Christmas shopping.
So far, I've got J's present DONE...well, for the most part! I bought us two tickets to see Mary Poppins on Broadway, since he's never been to a show, and my parents (who go see shows a bagillion times a year) gave it rave reviews. We'll also most definitely be hitting up Magnolia Bakery, and then going out to eat at this really fun restaurant in Midtown!

Cupcakes.
I love them and think they are so beautiful. I crave them 24/7. Over Thanksgiving Break, my dad went to one of my favorite places and bought EIGHT cupcakes in all different flavors (but, the smart man that he is, he got 4 red velvet). Best part - they were all for me =)
I want to be one of those mom's that can make cupcakes that look like characters from books or TV shows. Of course, it's a win win for me!

E79gqPphuphzyknnFF8stZsHo1_400

Yummo...I can spot a Magnolia Bakery cupcake from a mileee away:
tumblr_ksxhefd7qV1qzoozmo1_500

Up.
I watched that movie with my family over Thanksgiving break, and I am so in love with it. This summer, J and I saw it twice in the theater, and I took the kids I babysat to see it too. If you haven't seen it yet, I promiseeee you will not be disappointed. It is just perfect (and I think it's more for adults than for children....and P.S. I cried like, three times).

UP_Kevin_Russell_Dug_Carl-thumb-550x303-18185

Paris.
Seeing my girl Carol's pictures from her trip to Europe makes me so unbelievably jealous, and makes me absolutely want to be over in Paris right now! I'm hopingggg maybe my parents will be surprising me with a trip there after graduation, but we'll see =)

tumblr_ktm38l5X631qzoozmo1_500

tumblr_kt8y4s6ur51qzcp6io1_500

Braids.
I love braids. I wish I was more creative, and could do super fun and creative braids - I just learned how to do a side French braid and I have been rocking that constantly...who knows what's next for me now ;) But really, I think they're super chic and very trendy, without looking like you put a ton of effort into it.

E79gqPphuqsqb0quD5JnTuWio1_400

Petit Macarons.
This is like my favorite dessert ever. Ever, ever. They serve them for dessert at some of my favorite French restaurants...I swear, they are perfection. Apparently they're a pain to make, so I will be trying to spend some of my winter break perfecting them! Yummo. Plus, they're just so freaking cute!

E79gqPphur013aek0yzgfp3po1_400

This theater that they converted into a massive library....
I swoon.

tumblr_ksckmkh3Y31qzfkq5o1_500

Where the Wild Things Are.
I just finished up a Juvenile Lit class, where over the course of the semester we had to read 110 children's books, and write reviews on them. The illustrations just blew me away - I forgot how much I absolutely adored this story as a child, and the lines like,
"Please don't go. We'll eat you up. We love you so."

where-the-wild-things-are1
Watching perfect movies from the 80's/90's/early 2000's that I haven't seen in years.
Like a little You've Got Mail....or When Harry Met Sally, or maybe a little Overboard with Goldie Hawn (to switch up the Meg Ryan thing)... aka the perfectttt way to unwind.

tumblr_ku0aarO3bT1qzty9ao1_500

Red Wine Sangria.

'Nuff said. Perfect.

sangria-2

The Hangover.

I have not laughed this hard in so long. I saw it for the first time a few months ago, and just watched it with J and my brother over Thanksgiving break. Favorite part? "Tigers love pepper... they hate cinnamon." Per-fect.

tumblr_kthh261MOB1qzclpso1_500

Skins.
This show is per-fect. (I prefer seasons 1&2 - after the second season, the entire cast with the exception of one character was scrapped...I miss the first generation cast!). It is just the greatest show and makes me so happy to watch it... I plan on rewatching seasons 1&2 over winter break (which does not make me a huge loser...each season only has 9 episodes).

Photobucket

Kate Moss.
I love her, I really do. I know she's had her issues, but I think she's beautiful, and fabulous, and so unbelievably stylish - always. And, I love that she's short, and still so amazing!

E79gqPphup0iof78boSYl2IJo1_400

Fun and pretty headbands.
I wish I had more headbands. Or, that I could somehow be more creative in how I wear headbands...kind of like these girls. I'm loving the woven flowers....so hippie chic!

tumblr_ksxob1Ywpn1qzdhjqo1_400

tumblr_ksxnwn63ks1qzyrwvo1_500

Ed Westwick.
De-lic-ious. I can't get enough of this hottie.

E79gqPphuowhxd50FoZGAdD5o1_400

Street vendors selling flowers.
I can't explain it...it's just one of those things. Probably since once, a woman handed me a rose and said, "Pretty girls deserve flowers."

E79gqPphuotfn98doGCc9AuDo1_400

Photobucket

So, these are just a few of my little pick-me-ups...and guys, great news! I am officially done with ALL college classes - ever. Ever. I have two finals next week, and then I start student teaching in the spring! Sooo crazy that I'm so close to being done! =)

And this Sunday, J and I are headed to one of my favorite restaurants in Philly called Pod to celebrate 7 months! Yayyy for relaxing =) What are you all up to this weekend? I can't wait to get into a regular routine and keep reading/commenting!

Currently: Watching Friends, Season 7. I love relaxing. Love, love, love. And I just adore Ross.

21 comments:

Carol said...

I am with you, lets go to Paris!! haha! I'm sorry you're so stressed, seriously this time of the year can just be crazy! And I STILL need to email you that picture I took for you - this weekend, I promise!! And I loveeee UP! I totally cried too! Ok, longest comment ever I know! haha! Have a great weekend!

HiFashion said...

Hope the stress goes away. Just take it one day at a time and you'll be fine.

Cupcakes are perfection. They're all so delicious.
And you definitely have to go to Paris. Its an amazing city.

Desiree said...

I'm feelin the stress with you girl! Loving this post -- mostly because I appreciate every single piece you listed. Red cups, cupcakes, Alan (form The Hangover), sangria, and the magic in 'UP'. They all steal my heart. =)

New England Girl said...

I am such a sucker for the Starbucks holiday cups! I actually buy one of their mugs and travel cups with the seasonal design every year. People must think I'm crazy, but I love them and don't like missing any years. :)

I hope you get rid of some of that stress soon. It sounds like I need to have another baking marathon and send the treats down your way! I hope the rest of your projects and tests go well. You have this... I have faith in you. :)
xoxoxo.

Elizabeth Marie said...

I found myself agreeing with everything on this list!! And feeling a little less stressed out, so thank you thank you!!!!

Ashley said...

As far as pick-me-ups go, we're sisters, because everything on this list, I adore. I miss braids, the one downside of cutting off all my hair into a bob is that I look like an idiot with a pretty braid.

Kristin said...

I love SO much about this post! Cupcakes, Sangria, You've Got Mail, Gingerbread Lattes. So much happiness in one spot! I hope you're doing ok lady!

Kicking couture said...

Hey ally!

I adored this post, infact sometime i may have to steal it :) ofcourse with credits to u.

Yes we must catch up v soon!

xxx

maureen @ The Inglenook Decor said...

Paris, macaroons! I so wanna be there right now, too! This weekend I'll be doing some shipping & merchandise analysis...boring! Getting ready for a trip, too!

Nicole Linette said...

Allison!

I cannot express how much I have missed reading your blog and talking to you! I just skimmed through all your previous posts on the page, and I just loveee your blog so much. I hope you've been well, congratulations in advance on finishing school, FOR GOOD! Soon you'll be able to take it easy and sit back to enjoy how far you've come :].

Starbucks seasonal drinks are the best! I ♥ the peppermint white chocolate mocha frapps the most. Haha, and I definitely remember your obsession with Magnolia Bakery cupcakes!! You must have loved that your Dad bought those all just for you :). I want to see Up so bad! Perhaps I'll rent it off of movies-on-demand. It looks so cute.

And those Paris pictures are sooo nice.. especially the first one! I bought many of those Eiffel Towers when I went, but now I want to try to take a picture like this when I go back this March :D. Where The Wild Things Are, intricate braids, desserts, sexy men, and opera libraries! It's exactly what I have been missing.

Seasons greetings :))

Tracy-Girl said...

All wonderful things... and you guys will LOVE Mary Poppins... it was so much fun! We went and saw it last year. :) Hope your week gets much less stressful and you get some time to curl up and sleep!

LiLu said...

1. OBVIOUSLY that was the best line from the Hangover.

2. I had a pitcher of sangria last night. TO MYSELF.

3. I've been putting off watching "Up" for faaaaar too long. Ordering on demand... NOW.

;-)

Keith said...

Hey there. Great post. It was so wonderful to see a new post from you. I've missed you. I hope that you won't be too stressed out. Good luck with everything.

I love all those things you posted about. I've been dreaming so much about Paris lately.

How are you today? I hope you've been enjoying the weekend. Take care. Have a great week ahead. Cheers!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Hey sugar! Just checking on you!!! Love you!

Jocelyn said...

ohmygoodness. I love this post. Everything is so amazing haha I have never seen skins but I've heard that it's really good. I love braids. I wish I knew how to make my hair look that good. haha. I hope that you're doing well Alison!

That library is GORGEOUS where is that? It's amazing.

I want to watch you got mail so bad. I love her little book store it's so cozy and cute. I love that movie. What ever happened to meg ryan? she totally disappeared. didn't she?

have a great week!

-joce

OceanDreams said...

You just listed everything that is so amazing, I hope it helped with your stress a tad! I love Paris and flowers and Ed...hope you make it through your projects and everything, hang in there!

ginomballance said...

Great minds think alike........................................

Tasha said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Sighh...fabulous post!! I <3 the red cups too...just something about them makes me want to do a happy dance. And Paris...I hope you get to go!!! Beyond amazing. :)

Oh, and I cry in UP...every single time!

dapper kid said...

The red starbucks cups always make me happy! Lol, love seeing the lecture theatre full of them in the mornings. And YUM at the cupcakes and macaroons!! :O That library is SO stunning. And yay for Skiiiins. Hope you're having a beautiful week :)

zupu said...

I adore this post darling!!!

I love macaroons, Ed and Paris too. My pick-me-ups are also chocolate, champagne, Gossip Girl, Rachel Zoe, pampering body products and make-up.. And the fact that I'm going home after a year for Christmas, finally!!!