Monday, October 12, 2009

Hottie of the Week #9.

I feel like I'm so partial to nerds with these "hottie of the week" posts, and I apologize. I am who I am though, and I like who I like, and I'm such a fan of these nerdy, funny boys.

This week, our hottie of the week is none other than my boy Michael Cera. The prime example of a cute and lovable nerd, Cera had minor roles in various TV shows, finally catching his big break as George Michael Bluth on (one of my favorites) the TV show Arrested Development.

In 2007, Cera starred alongside Jonah Hill in the movie Superbad, as Evan, the lovable virgin, which as trashy as I'm going to sound, is one of my favorite movies. Also in 2007, Cera starred as Paulie Bleeker in the hit comedy Juno, where he was reunited with Jason Bateman, who played his father on Arrested Development. In both Superbad and Juno, Cera won "Breakthrough Artist" in Austin's Film Critics Association Awards. Next up, Cera played Nick in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.

2009 brought about Cera starring in the Sundance Film Festival award winner Paper Heart, a movie that he (alongside costar Charlyne Yi) composed the soundtrack for.

The most exciting upcoming project that Michael Cera will be involved with is the alleged upcoming Arrested Development movie - which has been "on" and "off" for so long, so who knows if it will actually happen, but my fingers are definitely crossed! :)

I think that Cera is so awkward that it is just adorable beyond words.

55650902

Ryerson

11817443_gal

michael-cera2

NICK & NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST

Michael Cera

GYI0000680550.jpg

Actor Michael Cera attends the premiere of Superbad at Grauman's

409_g

Thoughts?


Currently listening to: Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
[on the perfecttttt CD I made for a Halloween party I'm going to on Friday (I know it's early for a Halloween party, but my bff R's 21st bday is on Oct. 30th, so we made sure nothinggg would interfere with that!). True story though, I make some amazinggg CD's.]

18 comments:

jeannie said...

I totally know what you mean. Something about Michael Cena is so cute.

Carol said...

I totally have a thing for nerdy guys too! :)

HiFashion said...

I love nerdy guys as well, and have the hugest crush on Micheal Cera. Hes a great actor and so cute!

nookie said...

I loved him in Juno&Superbad...

•¦Amy¦• said...

First, Love Le Disko. Haven't heard it in forever though. Now I must go listen!

Second, kudos on picking Michael Cera! He's adoreable. I don't know what it is but he just makes you want to give him a huge hug.

Hanako66 said...

he's so adorable...I am totally attracted to him too!

Beth Dunn said...

I love him, I've thought he was great all they way back from Arrested Development. xoxo

SC

Kristin said...

He was so precious in Nick and Nora!

Keith said...

I think he's awesome. He's been awesome in movies like Superbad, Juno, etc. I know plenty of girls who have crushes on him.

Couture Carrie said...

Such a cutie!

xoxox,
CC

dapper kid said...

Yay for Juno and Arrested Development! I have to admit that I am secretly a tinsy bit jealous of his hair. Hope you're having a gorgeous day :)

Tracy-Girl said...

I loved him in Juno... he was so cute!

Issa said...

I'm in love with Michael Cera. Seriously. :D One of your best hotties so far! Awesome choice.

Tasha said...

I just came across your blog through HiFashion's blog, and I love it! It's fabulous! That header is amazing!

Anyway, I just became a follower! Have a wonderful day!

http://showstopper22.blogspot.com/

Olive said...

Aw, thanks :):). And I would love to do a little bit of people watching in Central Park-- I've actually never been to the city. I'm hoping to go sometime this year.. but we'll have to see how that little plan works out, hahah. And things have been picking up in the loneliness department. Thanks for the concern :).
YES, I love Michael Cera, his awkwardness is definitely cute. He has such soft, kind eyes. I love Superbad too, we can be trashy together, haha.
Enjoy the Halloween party!
♥ Olive

Erika said...

I love him! I love him! I love him! There's something about nerds that totally get my goat. They're just so innocent and adorable! :)

randi bergman said...

omg babe and half and then another half again! ughhhhs i love you george michael!!!!!!!

http://thekatiegirls.blogspot.com/

Everett Jenquin said...

Any nike air max 2011 from Nike is certainly basically the latest sort connected with transformed lively footwear together with the program includes ideal safety net. air griffey is without a doubt created retaining that bones associated with an bestial for mind. Additionally, it provides aeroembolism for you to support distinctive strain on it and also to present you with the ideal practical experience when it comes right down to footwear. Discovering Affordable kids nike air max might appear to you personally like a overwhelming together with time intensive task, however it just isn't which means.