Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hottie of the Week #8.

Another week, and another girl crush! =) This one was recommended by one of my favorites, Ms. Aubrey over at Made You Blush, and girl, let me tell you, now I have a girl crush on her too! ;)

I really admire strong, confident women - ones who have overcome obstacles, or hardships, or those who just don't care what others think about them and work really hard to make their dreams a reality (and I feel very blessed to know all of YOU strong, fabulous women and men!).

Enter in Academy Award winner (for best supporting actress in Brokeback Mountain) Michelle Williams. Williams became interested in acting at a young age, and decided to pursue a career in it, much to the dismay of her parents, which resulted in her emancipating herself at age fifteen. She ended up making, with her breakthrough role as Jen Lindley on the fabulous (and still one of my favorite) shows Dawson's Creek, for all six seasons.

Williams starred in a variety of movie roles, but the height of her acting performance came along when she starred in Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain, for which she won a Golden Globe, BAFTA, Critic's Choice, and Academy Award nomination. More recently, she gained recognition for her indie hit Wendy and Lucy, which premiered at Cannes in 2008 to fabulous reviews by critics. She is one of 134 moviemakers invited to join the Academy Awards Committee.

Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger met while filming Brokeback Mountain, and were engaged, with Williams giving birth to their ADORABLE daughter Matilda Ledger in 2005. The couple eventually broke up, but remained very close due to their daughter.

Upon Heath Ledger's death in 2008, Williams spoke out saying, "Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

Williams has admitted in the new issue of Vogue how difficult it all was on her, and how she was barely holding it together. Yet, she still was photographed all over taking her daughter out around Brooklyn and Manhattan, and just doing "normal" things. Even though she was inwardly going through so much, she held it all together for her daughter.

So, Michelle Williams is the new girl crush/hottie of the week, for so many things - of course, for being drop dead gorgeous with an amazing sense of fashion, but also, for being a perfect example of an amazing mother and career woman all in one.

Michelle_Williams_UK_Vogue

Michelle-Williams11-1-191240_L

I am dying over her boots...and how adorable Matilda is in her little hat!
Michelle+Williams+Matilda+Out+Brooklyn+2FtR0nQ1-Mnl

Oscars-MichelleWilliams

michelle-williams-matilda-heath-ledger

original

293.williams.michelle.060908

michelle_williams_dating_director_spike_jonze_main_2160

michelle-william-sgreat-hair2

Thoughts?

Currently listening to: Regina Spektor - Us

22 comments:

Desiree said...

She is stunningly beautiful! She also seems so down to earth and true to herself which makes her even more gorgeous. She doesn't let the whole "hollywood" aspect get in her way of being real. Those boots are on my must have list...♥

Lily G. said...

Pretty pretty!! That Regina Spektor song you're listening to is from 500 days of Summer!

Lauren said...

I love Michelle Williams... she's drop dead gorgeous.

And PS: that Regina song is amazing!

twenty.seven.cents said...

yes!

Kristin said...

I think she's become even more beautiful since becoming a mom!

Carol said...

She is so cute and seriously gets cuter as she gets older!

Elizabeth Marie said...

She has a silent strength about her that I love too...and she is absolutely gorgeous!!

HiFashion said...

I love Michelle Williams. She is an amazing actress and is so gorgeous. I have a definite girl crush on her.

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Great post. I love Michelle. She's so beautiful. I've definitely got a crush on her. I'm really loving hearing "Let It Be" when I come to your blog. Have a fantastic week. Cheers!

OceanDreams said...

I felt terribly bad for her when Heath died, but I think she is a classy lady and she really held it together and didn't let herself be taken over by the tabloids. I am so glad that Heath has a darling girl so that he can be remembered. Michelle looks lovely in all of these photos!

Hanako66 said...

she's a doll...I adore her! Great pick!

Olive said...

Aw, thanks Allison :). They're only good because my best friend is phenomonal with a camera. Thanks for the advice about the SATs, I think that's what I'll do. Cram all this week, and chill out Friday. I feel like Saturday will destroy me though, the test is from 7:45-1, then I work from 2-9, haha. I'm going to be braindead.

I love your hottie of the week thing you have going on, and Michelle Williams was an excellent choice. Not only is she gorgeous, but the way she has been able to overcome losing Heath, and taking care of her daughter, that's all so admirable. Kudos to her.

♥ Olive

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely post, darling A!
She looked so gorgeous with long hair!!

xoxox,
CC

La Couturier said...

She's so gorgeous; I love her with red lips !

bisous, xx

dapper kid said...

She is amazing beyond words, I absolutely love her! Hope you're having a fabulous day dear :)

yiqin; said...

Matilda is so cute <3

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

That last picture is so classy and elegant. :)

beckyxoxo said...

i agreed ! she is an amazing woman . she has a good acting skill and her style is great ! her daughter is indeed adorable !

oh btw i'm using flickr now . thanks for the help ! have a nice day :)

zupu said...

She is such a beautiful and a strong woman!
Buona giornata bella!

fhen said...

she is so adorable and i agree why you put her in your hottie list ;)
hope you enjoy october!

dapper kid said...

Hope you're having a lovely day dear, just to let you know, I left you an award :)

mel said...

she's really cute and fresh.and she must have been through a lot, after heath's death. and i absolutely agree about what u wrote in the begging.i love being inspired by strong women