Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Decorating Inspiration.

I dream of my future home. I can be such a whore for architecture, interior design, (cough, anything Martha Stewart does), even paint colors...I love it all.
I guess that one of the positives of me being close to being out on my own is that someday in the near future (unless of course, I'm on the street, broke as a joke), I'll be buying all my own furniture...picking my own colors for the walls of my apartment or house...hanging whatever pictures I want. This makes me happy beyond anything. (Well, maybe not happier than a plate of profiteroles and trashy reality tv in my bitchin' apartment...or happier than curling up in front of a fireplace with a good book...or happier than when J plans a surprise and I have absolutely no idea what to expect....but really, you get the point, thinking of the future of how my home will look is very high up on my list).

I've been browsing a lot of people's Tumblr accounts lately - mostly in severe procrastination because I have a horrible case of senioritis that just won't be quenched. I have been going CRAZY saving things to my inspiration folder from all these wonderful people's accounts.

So many of the things I've been saving have related to interior design or decorating, and seriously, I can only hope that one day I will be as talented, or have an eye like some people do. I'm blown away by the color choices, inventive painting or furniture, and the love that goes into these rooms (I do not know when I got so freakin' cheesy!).

I always thought I had a really classic and almost boring style when it came to decorating - my bedroom at home is just a very light yellow (I think it's called Sunshine yellow), and the wall behind my headboard is sage green. Nothing too crazy there! My parents style of decorating is classic as well, so that's all I've grown up with - no crazy art, no crazy colors - very plain and simple (but pretty and tasteful). When I was looking through all the pictures I had selected, I saw that most of them had really bright pops of color, or interesting designs that definitely weren't things I've always considered loving, which makes me even MORE excited to decorate and figure it all out =)

I LOVE the chandelier in the bedroom. Hot, hot, hot. (And I realize there are no pops of color in this, but I do think that it just works, even if it is plain).
qIpYxSsn8py2iesvGIyrKkrRo1_500

I'm a big fan of having a chalkboard in the kitchen...like a huge one, maybe on the pantry door. In high school, one of my friends had one on her closet door and I was BEYOND jealous. I think it's such a fun idea!
NxnMt6VdFj7fu6ecr3djqB5bo1_400

Or this one:
krbSdpPbnqq4kc34DXaQ3Xcpo1_500

This is an example of something that I don't think I'd want in my own house, but for some reason, I'm totally drawn to it:
NxnMt6VdFj90504piW4TA6ezo1_500

tumblr_krz1115hIa1qzuyiqo1_500-1

NxnMt6VdFlzbth4jiwCr6GAOo1_500

If I ever have a little boy, hello, could this be more perfect?! (Not that I'm planning this right now)
tumblr_kqgbceg5Cr1qzb2hmo1_500

tumblr_kodmud2c0P1qzuyiqo1_500

Cutest. Laundry Room. Ever.
PCdfc6H0Cpe8tl70YUigkTqCo1_500

NxnMt6VdFkazouokVkI7lffco1_500

NxnMt6VdFlzbtahw6bi6urs4o1_500

Love this little nook:
tumblr_koysjcJksO1qzphiqo1_400-1

How are your homes decorated? Are they more fun and modern, or like mine, more classic?

I'm sorry for my absence...things got so hectic! I miss you all, and love you. xox, look forward to catching up!

28 comments:

Tracy-Girl said...

Awww... all of those pictures are so beautiful! I am in my own house now... if only I could afford to get all of that beautiful furniture!

Carol said...

I dream about a huge kitchen!!

•¦Amy¦• said...

Love those first two kitchens and the laundry room! <3
Some day I'd love a French Country style Cottage Kitchen!

Keith said...

Hey Allison. These are great. I love things about all of them. I always love to see rooms in other people's homes. It can give you good ideas. I have an apartment. I tend to change it up every couple of years. I'm actually in the process of fixing it up again.

Mrs. W said...

ohhh, I die for chalkboard paint in the kitchen! I cannot wait to buy a house!

I really like dark colors. The color scheme in the majority of my house is black, a dark tan, maroon, and an eggplant purple. Dark colors make me feel like royalty! haha!

Have a great week!! : ]

Erika said...

Is it weird that I want to move into that treehouse room right this very moment? Oh, that is pure heaven. Though I'm also loving that last picture. There's something about a cozy nook that always thrills me. It instantly makes you think of curling up with hot cocoa and a good book. Where I live, the decorations are very classic - I think I want a bit more fun and modern!

Ooh, thank you so much for the recommendations - Metro Diner sounds so quaint. I will e-mail you right now! :)

Laura said...

and I am following your lovely blog as well :)

xo Laura

Laura Trevey said...

sorry... now I am signed in.

I am really loving this blog!
xo Laura

Join the Gossip said...

wow, those rooms are all so gorgeous! I especially like the 2nd to last photo, i think it's the light on the wall =)

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulously inspirational spaces, darling! Love this post, especially that laundry room!

xoxox,
CC

Desiree said...

All of those rooms are gorgeous in their own way. I tend to lust after enormous kitchens (I think that's where a lot of stuff takes place in any home), and of course a fabulous bedroom--but any bedroom has to have a feel of your own personality otherwise it's not so personal. <3

New England Girl said...

All of these photos are so gorgeous! I especially love the laundry room. I could get stuck in a place like that all day and not complain about "chores" once. :) I am so like you, too... I get excited going to Home Depot, I get lost in their paint section for hours and I salivate over design magazines/websites/advertisements. I drive people nuts, but it is so much fun! :)

OceanDreams said...

I want all of these rooms, what beautiful pictures that you found. I wish my apt was decorated like this, definitely my house one day!

Hanako66 said...

these are all so awesome! (I actually already have a few in my inspiration folder...great minds think alike!)

I've been meaning to do a house tour...maybe soon!

Kristin said...

That little boy's room is beyond precious and I would kill for that divine laundry room!

jane said...

Amazing design!! Casamodern provides the finest quality customized Apartment Furniture & More to decorate your Apartment in Fine style.

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

I just got a chalk board for our kitchen! I love chalk boards!! So fun! :)

The Haute-Shopper said...

Love these inspiration pics... the nook in the last one is such a great idea. Also love the chalkboard concept. I went a little overboard the first time I decorated my place and bought way too much furniture. There are moments I wish I could afford an interior designer!

MAISON CHAPLIN said...

Hi, love love lvoe this pic ^^
Come check out Dolce&Madonna!

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

MAISON CHAPLIN said...

PS: i'm now following you on blogger, come follow me 2 ;)

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

zupu said...

Awesome post darling! I love so much the first pic with the bedroom, looks so comfy and relaxing!

Have a lovely weekend!

dapper kid said...

I spend unbelievable amounts of time planning future homes and re-imagining the rooms that I happen to be in. I actually really wanted to be an interior designer for quite a while when I was younger. I always imagine classical inspired rooms, but with unique touches. I really am loving the blackboard paint you can buy, I would use it to paint odd places so I could have colourful chalk pictures here and there. I am always on the look out for unique furniture too, even if I could never afford it. I saw the most beautiful turn of the century apothecary chest the other day at a vintage auction, it was stunning!!!

Hope you're having a gorgeous weekend dear :)

The Pocket Stylist said...

Love the chandeliers of course. My home is decorated with a combo of the both modern dark wood and vintage pieces mixed in.

OceanDreams said...

Hope you are having a good week sweetie! XO!

Jocelyn said...

oh my goodness! This is gorgeous! I really love the last picture especially it totally reminds me of the hobbit's house in the shire! I am so excited to have my own house and decorate it! I love color but my mom decorates our whole house in black and white, it's classy but sometimes I feel like I am living in an asylum! I hope that you are doing well, and that school and everything with J is going super!

-joce :)

adecco. said...

These interior designs have one thing in common. It’s lovely, elegant, cozy and very sophisticated designs. Its perfect interior designs for a home for the family.

trade jobs

It said...

The rooms have fabulous lighting and the chandeliers are gorgeous. I love the color choices. The interior looks very graceful and elegant.

SEO Los Angeles

Everett Jenquin said...

The actual air max 95 by Nike is actually basically a kind connected with has changed lively shoes this program includes optimal shock absorption. air max ltd is definitely made preserving all the skeleton of an animal within mind. It also carries aeroembolism for you to help various pressure in there and to provide you with the best experience if it arrives right down to shoes. Choosing Low-priced air max 90 boots may seem to be to you personally as a challenging along with time consuming undertaking, but it really is not consequently.