Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hottie of the Week #6.

Girl crushes.... I mean, I'd be lying if I said my completely straight, and totally in love with a guy self didn't get them every once in a while. There are just some females out there that are so beautiful, it is impossible to not take notice of it (hello, Angelina Jolie).

Anyway, I figured that hottie of the week has had just way too much testosterone lately (psh, as if that is possible), but I figured switching it up is always a healthy thing.

So, this week for hottie of the week, we have our first female hottie!

This female is a part of the biggest hit movie of the year (winner of the Academy Award in pretty much every category) and she herself nabbed a SAG award, and was nominated for a BAFTA award.... I am obviously talking about Ms. Freida Pinto.

Slumdog Millionaire is one of my favorite movies...I honestly don't know if I could ever get sick of watching it, of the beauty of the cinematography, or the amazing message of hope. Plus, hello, Freida Pinto is effing gorgeous. I feel like it's almost unfair how pretty she is (jealousyyyy).

Pinto grew up in India, to two professional parents, and went to school in Mumbai, India, getting her BA in English Literature (I'm telling you, even with girl crushes, I like 'em educated ;)

She played a variety of roles, but really hit it big in her breakthrough role as Latika in Slumdog Millionaire (which really, if you haven't seen it, please rent it immediately. I can almost 100% guarantee you will love it).

Since achieving stardom through Slumdog, Pinto is going to be in an upcoming Woody Allen film (alongside Josh Brolin, Anupam Kher, Anthony Hopkins and Naomi Watts), and recently signed a deal to become the new face of L'Oreal, going back to her original roots as a model (obviously).

She is currently dating her Slumdog Millionaire costar (who some might recognize from my fave show Skins!), Dev Patel.

293.ad.ClintEastwood.FriedaPinto.010909

freida-pinto-sag1

freida-pinto1

Actress Freida Pinto arrives at the 61st Annual Directors Guild

admphotos380867-freida-pinto

freida-pinto_1

freida-pinto-estee-lauder-spokesperson-02

FILM-TORONTO/

freida-pinto-20090307-497579

freida-pinto

Who do YOU have a girl crush on? (Or a guy crush, if you're a guy and very comfortable with your sexuality).
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend =) And thanks for all your sweet comments about my apartment! Love you all <3 style="font-size:85%;">
Currently listening to: Rachael Yamagata - Worn Me Down

21 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love her..she is totally my girl crush!

♥Aubrey said...

OOOooo i agree she is a beauty! Love those shoes she's wearing in pic #3...I WANT ♥
Ok...i'll confess i too get girl crushes. I think it's completely natural to be attracted to the same sex in a way. I mean to admire and wish you had a certain aspect of them. Many there are and to name a few: Kate Beckinsale, Daria Werbowy and Meranda Kerr. Yaya...i crush on brunettes...i am one!!! Lol
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend hun. Miss ya and thanks for the shout out previously...Muaaw.

La Couturier said...

She's so gorgeous!

Hm, my girl crushes: Emmy Rossum, Leighton Meester, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Miroslava Duma & Dasha Zhukova (:

bisous, xx

Desiree said...

I have girl crushes all the time! Hmm..Sienna Miller, Angie Jolie, and Diane Kruger to name a few. Frieda is soooooo beautiful! Hope you had a great weekend! =)

Issa said...

I've never seen Slumdog Millionaire but I do love looking at Freida and Dev (separately and together) 'cause they're such beautiful people!

Now as far as girl crushes go, well... I have a ton... But off the top of my head I'd have to say Jordana Brewster, Leighton Meester, Joss Stone, Sienna Miller, and Jessica Lowndes.

Elizabeth Marie said...

Ohhh love her!! Good idea for your first Girl Crush!!! That last picture with the globe is ADORBS.

Hmm...girl crush...Zooey Deschanel, Rose McGowan, Rachel Bilson, Liv Tyler...

I like dudes, I promise...I think I just have so many girl crushes because I did their style!!

I hope you had a great weekend dollface! XO

Kristin said...

Ummmmmmm yeah, she is gorg! But I'm with Liz. Miss Zooey is amazing!

Lisa said...

She's a gorgeous girl!

Scarlett Johansson is still my fav!

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Great photos. She is so gorgeous. I adore her. I've definitely got a crush on her. Hope your week starts off well. Cheers!

yiqin; said...

She's so stunning in slumdog too :D

Couture Carrie said...

Love your girl crush!
Fabulous pics, especially the last one!

I totally have a girl crush on Christina Hendricks from Mad Men - so sexy!

xoxox,
CC

the southern hostess said...

She is so stunning! Love your blog!

Aimee said...

She is gorgeous! My favorites are Marisa Tomei, A lot of the woman on the L Word, Kat Von D from LA Ink to name a few... I love creative woman and they always happen to be brunettes!

Savvy Gal said...

she is gorgeous. i think megan fox and angelina are both pretty hot. : )

Carol said...

She is SO beautiful!! And I loved that movie!

alissa said...

she is so freaking gorgeous! good choice for a first girl crush! i love that shes dating dev, hes so cute :)

twenty.seven.cents said...

My girl crushes would probably be Azura Skye and Helena Bonham Carter. I can't think of anymore right now, but yeah... I'm seeing a pattern in the people I find attractive; they are always walking that fine line between attractive and unattractive... eh, guess that's just my thing. lol.
Lovely post as always. :)

Hanako66 said...

she couldn't be more stunning! I have girl crushes on zooey deschanel, angelina, cat deeley, ginnifer goodwin, carine roitfield and probably many more that just aren't popping into my head right now!

The Haute-Shopper said...

Love this girl crush! She's incredible... both beautiful and intelligent. Plus she has great style.

My choice for another girl crush would be Zooey Dechanel. I know I'm not alone... I just find her quirky and funny, plus she has the most amazing eyes :)

lisa said...

Ooh great girl crush pick! She's so radiant. Hmm mine tend to fluctuate between Keira Knightley, Leighton Meester, and Alexis Bledel.

Spardha Malik said...

i love monica belucci and diane kruger!