Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hottie of the Week #3.

The new hottie of the week (for week #3), is none other than John Krasinksi, probably best known for playing Jim Halpert on (my favorite TV show) The Office.

Every so often, there are characters on television where I'm like "Okay, hello, I'm in love with you," and it confuses me as to if I really think the actor is actually hot, or if I'm just attracted to the character they play on television or in a film. I think the character of Jim on The Office is just that type of character - he has the perfect combination of looks, wit, nerdiness, intelligence and charm. So really, do I think John Krasinski is hot, or am I just in loveeee with the character he plays?

After searching for pictures to post of John Krasinski, I decided that this is not the case with him, as much as I love Jim Halpert. Krasinski himself is boy next door good looking, which to me at least, is super, super appealing (but then again, I'm not a big fan of boys who are too pretty). I think that part of the charm is the fact that he just seems like a genuinely sweet guy (though he could be a douchebag, you never know!). Plus, he is a fabulous dresser, with this whole laid back casual, but still looking really good type of thing going! (Over dinner at CPK the other night, my high school bff E and I discussed the fact that we find guys who wear blazers with jeans, or cardigans to be just perfection).

As for Krasinski himself, who you may recognize not only from The Office, but the recent indie hit Away We Go (has anyone seen it? I didn't get the chance), not only is he a graduate from Brown University (I told you, I like them educated ;), but he also took time off from his studies to teach English in Costa Rica before heading off to Brown!

He also attended high school with fellow Office costar B.J. Novak (who plays Ryan, and is a co-writer on the show), and the two remain super close. I love stories of childhood friends like that! Novak actually wrote the first play that Krasinski starred in during high school, which triggered his love of acting.

Unfortunately, this hottie is currently dating Emily Blunt (from Sunshine Cleaning and The Devil Wears Prada), but at least it proves he has good taste, because she herself is eligible to be a hottie of the week! =)

John Krasinski

The very well dressed couple:
John-Krasinski-and-Emily-Blunt-john-krasinski-5360455-1001-1222

john-krasinski-the-office-p

John-Krasinski-john-krasinski-497465_600_459

957CVRB_KRASINSKI_UPC.indd

1326_by_john_krasinski

French 75 Bistro

OUT17402691

Anyone who hangs out with Ben Gibbard is good in my book =)
benjohn

john_krasinski

Thoughts? Do any of you have a 'type' of people you find attractive? (for example, I prefer nerds/boys with good style/skinny boys/boys who make me laugh [like J! <3]).

Are any of you fans of The Office? Also, I promise I am going to be taking your recommendations for this category seriously! Sorry I've just been kind of doing my own thing with these for the most part - but I'll be taking your suggestions veryyy seriously! =)

I hope your weekends were wonderful and you had a lovely Monday as well! xo

P.S. I can't wait to post later this week and tell you all about the sweetestttt thing that J did for me! (Which is quite possibly the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me!).

Currently listening to: Rogue Wave - Chicago x 12

19 comments:

Lily G. said...

I like him too. He seems like such a genuine, nice guy

Carol said...

Totally adore him!

Lindsay said...

I love him! And I totally have a type. Brown hair, muscular build, nice smile..boy next door, Jake Gyllenhaal-ish.

Keith said...

I like him. He's a nice looking guy. He reminds me of the type of guy I could seeing living down the street.

I'm not sure if I have a particular type when it comes to the girls I think are hot. I do tend to prefer girls from countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, the Middle East & so forth.

Oh yeah. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog about ties. I just did a post revealing 10 random facts about me if you wanna check that out to learn more about me.

Have a great week. Cheers!

Issa Romeral said...

I fell in love with John after watching his movie with Mandy Moore. :D He's adorable!

Oh, and I agree with you when you say that educated men are hot!

Tom Cupples said...

So girls - what about Colin Farrell - I would have thought he would be near the top of your list of 'hotties' or is he too bad ?

Elizabeth Marie said...

Total Swoon. TOTAL.

Little linky love on my blog for you...cause one day we will hug!! :)

P.S. HILARIOUS about your dad's car...but not the ruined blowout! LOL I hate that! :)

Love you!

New England Girl said...

Love him! And I don't even watch The Office. :) I think he makes such an adorable couple with Emily Blunt. They are so sweet together! :)

nicole addison said...

ohh very very good choice :) hes a hottie alright. and i love funny guys too

Fashionista said...

Great post..That show is so funny..i do the same thing with guys on tv..i tend to be attracted to bad boys..currently I am loving bam margera..lol..xoxomish

Couture Carrie said...

He is such a cutie! Love this series of posts, darling A!

Can't wait to hear about J's sweet deed!

xoxox,
CC

Lisa said...

He's a cutie! They make such an adorable couple!

Kicking couture said...

thanks for the sweet comment!
Wanna know something shocking, ive never seen the U.S office!! he is kind of a cutie!

•¦Amy¦• said...

see i think he's adoreable, but my mom can't stand him and i have no idea why!

Savvy Gal said...

he is adorable. i find people with inner confidence most attractive. : ) can't wait to read what J did for you... :) i love reading sweet stories.

molly said...

jim halpert is definitely one of those characters that makes every girl swoon at least a little - such an overall great guy!
great post, allison, i've missed you and your blog!

Kristin said...

Awwwwwwww, look you posted a picture of my boyfriend.

Nicole Linette said...

Heyy Allison!

You're picking some awesome guys, and even though I don't watch The Office, I believe John Krasinski is pretty cool. I swoon for the lanky, borderline-awkward guys and ones with good style also!! That's why going to college gets me so excited -- I want men who know how to dress themselves! XD The whole sweater-collar-blazer and skinny jeans with Converse or rocker boots never ceases to amaze me. Yeah, geek chic and rocker. Haha I'll stop now.

Loved this post!
peace&♥.

Everett Jenquin said...

A nike air max 2011 through Nike is without a doubt in essence the form with changed energetic shoes which also takes into account ideal underlay. air max 91 can be designed preserving any skeleton of your animal for intellect. You'll find it features aeroembolism to make sure you assistance different stress to it and also to offer you the very best practical experience if it arrives down to sneakers. Obtaining Inexpensive air max flywire may well seem to be to you personally as being a overwhelming and additionally time intensive job, nonetheless it isn't really so.