Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hottie of the Week #1.

So, I decided for a new weekly entry, I'm going to start having a "Hottie of the Week" post, where I pick someone I think is super, super good looking at post lots of pictures in awe of their physical appearance (because who cares about how rotten of a person you are when you look so good...just kidding).

(Generally I'm not a big fan of the word "hottie," just as I'm not a big fan of being called "hot" because I feel like it can be objectifying. But I promise, this is all in good fun.)

The first "Hottie of the Week" is going to be my boy Colin Firth. I have thought he was gorgeous for-ev-er. I rooted for him in Bridget Jones...and Love Actually...and hello, he plays MR. DARCY. Automatic winner. While the 48 year old is unfortunately married, looking never hurt anyone, right?

What makes Firth even hotter is that he is committed to social justice. He is a long standing supporter of Survival International, a group which defends the rights of tribal peoples. He is also a huge supporter of the Fair Trade movement (one that I actually support myself by only buying fair trade coffee and chocolate). Didn't think you'd find hottie of the week and social justice in the same post, huh? ; ) He actually opened up an eco friendly, fair trade shop in West London, where not only do they sell fair trade goods, they also offer advice on how to make more efficient use of energy and how to live a greener lifestyle!

Last bit of info on our Hottie of the Week? When asked who the women in his life are, Firth replied, "My mother, my wife, and Jane Austen." Hot, hot, hot!

62531

Still hot, even eating chocolate:
60 Centre Street

ruperte1BIG1004_468x550

AWe Colin

colin-firth

Still hot, even in heinous Christmas sweater (from Bridget Jones's Diary)
colin+firth+sweater

Colin Firth

Intercontinenal Hotel

What do YOU all think of the hottie of the week?
AND, who are some of your picks for hottie of the week?

Currently listening to: Alexi Murdoch - Love You More

22 comments:

♥Aubrey said...

I love it ♥ It's more upon who you are on the inside than the outside. His accent DEFINATELY makes him even more appealing :) What he said about the women in his life...make me swoon!!!

Lindsay said...

Totally agree!

Hmm for future hotties I'd recommend Mr. Jake Gyllenhaal!

Nicole Linette said...

Hahaha, what a fantastic idea for posts :D I really love it!
I don't know Colin Firth very well, but his commitment to social activism is cool. He's pretty handsome too! Can't wait to see who next week's hottie will be :)!

peace&love,
nicole.

Lily G. said...

oooo, yes! I can't wait for the future hotties!

•¦Amy¦• said...

ooh what a neat idea for a weekly post!
i can see his appeal although he's not my type lol.

Kicking couture said...

Love the post ally!! colin firth in bridget jones and pride and predijuce he definitley deserves to be hottie of the week!

hmmm, you know my hotties as we talk endlessly about them haha. Simon baker, swoon!! and jessie spencer and benjamin mckenzie!

twenty.seven.cents said...

lol.
The heinous christmas sweater photo made me laugh ridiculously hard. I, however, do not find Mr Firth good looking. lol. Sorry. :/

My pick[s] for Hottie of the week would be either Edward Norton, Justin Theroux, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Matt Bellamy or Dominic Howard.

I think you would probably think differently to me, but oh well. :)

Nice post. :D

Kristin said...

I'm sucker for a British accent and for pretty much anyone who was in Love Actually! Some of my favorite hotties are Jake Gyllenhaal, Zefron and the Deppster of course.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I TOTALLY LOVE HIM!

Couture Carrie said...

Agreed! Love!!

xoxox,
CC

Elizabeth Marie said...

HA I agree with Kristin, I'll take the entire Love Actually cast in box please!

Ok...this should probably be an email...so we'll see how far I go before I switch over there.
You know you've been one of my favorites/friends/supports from the very beginning and I TREASURE you. What I wrote on friday night was scary, but as I started getting comments, and got yours...I remembered WHY I blog. Fashion is fun, big hair is cute, but I am here for the shared experiences, the connections, the understanding that we can all provide each other. You never let me down...you always have something positive to say, always a new twist on things and you're always so darn honest and real...I admire you and adore you ohhh so much. (I told you this prob should have been an email.) So thank you from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
And yes, I do love RED! :) Love you girl!!! XOXO!!
You better tell your bf he is the luckiest guy in the UNIVERSE, his gf is ahhhmazing!

Keith said...

Being a straight dude, I'm not going to call him a hottie. lol He is a handsome guy. I always liked him. I always root for him in movies. I enjoy seeing him.

Keith said...

I would pick hotties like Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Monica Bellucci & Ludivine Sagnier among many others.

Hanako66 said...

yes, HOT!

you should try the twitter thing...it's fun:)

dapper kid said...

Haha yeah I'm straight, but I can totally call him hot too. Definitely a good looking gentleman, and the best thing is that he is actually is a gentleman. Plus he always looks sharp! Hope you're having a beautiful day dear :)

Carol said...

Agreed! He is a total stud!

Lisa said...

Ahhh, Colin Firth! I have always loved him for some reason. Thanks for posting!! :)

The Haute-Shopper said...

I love how you pickec Colin Firth and not some typical Hollywood heartthrob! Love him in all his movies, though I think the Love Actually role was my favorite. How can you not tear up when he's standing in that restaurant muttering some nonsense Portuguese?? Ahhh...

Oh, and my pick for hottie of the week would be Chistian Bale. Ok, he's a typical Hollywood heartthrob, but at least he doesn't bleach his teeth and use botox ;-)

zupu said...

I adore him!!! He is so cute (even thought grumpy sometimes but in adorable way) and definitely hot. I like him always but specially in Love actually!

Gabby said...

Okay, so you're now my favorite ever...Colin Firth is my loverrrr.

Elizabeth Marie said...

Wait...I agree with Hanako, are you on twitter yet lil lady!!!!!? We have sooo much fun, it's a bit ridic... :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

OHHHH and WHATEVER GABBY-she was MINE FIRST.

Totally kidding. Except NO. MY ALLISON!