Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cardboard Love.

Before J, I never considered myself to be much of a romantic. However, more and more, I'm noticing that I just may be a bit of a romantic. Being with J has made me want to do these little things for him, and we have an ongoing thing where we just write little love notes, or do these sweet little romantic things for each other. It makes me beyond happy, and I love that we have that romance (ugh, sorry to swoon....and to talk about him ALL the time!).

Anyway, I have been scrolling through Cardboard Love nonstop lately. It's not a new thing, just new to me.

Pretty much, this guy writes love notes every day to his girlfriend, on pieces of cardboard, and then posts them to his website. He describes himself as being a negative person, but feels that the person in his life allows him to feel more positive, and to be open to being perceived as lame by others. Some are sexy, some are just swoon worth...Some are more personal, and things that I don't exactly know what they're talking about, and others I think can appeal on a universal level.

These are just a few of the love notes written to this lucky girl.

why

story

feel27respect

body

body

saw

boundary1allkinds4

4cantimagine13backinarms

28knight

25allovertheworld

29sexysexysexy

(Am I really behind on everything? Has anyone else heard of this before?).

I promise next post I'll share J's surprise with you...it's not quite like this, but still so sweet =)

Love all of YOU! <3>Currently listening to: Death Cab for Cutie - Little Bribes.

18 comments:

New England Girl said...

LOVE this idea! I have never heard of the site, but I am loving the concept and sweetness of it. It would be so nice to meet a romantic guy as such :)

♥Aubrey said...

New to me and OMG...one lucky girl indeed to have him share his love for her with the world. Swoon worthy indeed as my hubs ALWAYS writes me love notes. I like to frame them and place around the house, so when he's away-he can be with me in every room and every moment. (Even the bathroom) LOL

•¦Amy¦• said...

love this! i've never heard of it but oh how wonderful!

how sweet!

Jocelyn said...

holy mackrel! I want him as my man. Needless to say, cardbord love is adorable! I've never heard of it before, thanks for blogging about it! It almost makes me jealous to read them... i better stop now. haha

Hope you are having a grand week!

-joce

Lee said...

cheesy is the best haha :)
this is super cool!

Keith said...

That's a really cool idea. I had not heard of it before. Thanks for posting about it. I'm more romantic depending on the person I've been with. Some girlfriends I guess inspire more romance than others. lol Seriously though, I think different people move you in a different way.

Carol said...

I've never heard of this before but I love it!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I LOVE this site!!!! It's so adorable and sweet.

I am SO SO happy for you, doll. You deserve all the love in the world and I'm so glad J is treating you right!

(or else your psycho shredhead in LA would have to take care of things) haha

Love you, can't wait to see/read about the surprise!! I die! xo

HiFashion said...

I've never heard of cardboard love either. But the messages are so sweet.

yvonne said...

so cute!!!! love it!!!

Couture Carrie said...

So much better that Post Secret ~ love it!

xoxox,
CC

Eddie said...

I guess 90% of us are a little behind on the times because I too have not heard of this site.

Now Allison love, I find it incomprehensible that you haven't been feeling my telepathic waves of love, which manifest themselves as radio waves and snippets of sonnets directly channeled from the bowels of my corazon. I send these frequencies whenever I'm not able to tippy-toe through blogger as much as I used to and they're shot out sporadically in amorous intervals. I'm doing it now as I write this...

(bleep)

Did you feel that one?

As far as cardboard love, this guy is definitely one to hold onto as he seems to say just the right things to make this lucky woman the envy of many. Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful site and as always... I cherish each and every post that you put out there for me to read (in my mind you blog solely for me).

As I sit here, I've witnessed first hand how your relationship with J has blossomed into something quite extraordinary and I'm genuinely smitten for you. Love you always...

Besitos para siempre

Savvy Gal said...

i read about cardborad love for the 2nd time today. it is cute.

Kristin said...

I hadn't heard about that. How romantic. And yey for you and your good lovin' man candy!

Bella said...

Sweetie, these little cardboard love notes are amazing, I'm so glad you posted it! It's incredibly romantic, and I can only imagine how cherished she must feel.

And as for J's surprise... I can't wait to hear about it... the suspense is killing me! Xx
Happy weekend love.

Hanako66 said...

oh my goodness, how sweet!

I can't wait to hear what J did for you...I'm sure that it will be totally swoon worthy!!!

have a wonderful weekend my dear!

Nicole Linette said...

These made my heart swell :} What a man.

Everett Jenquin said...

Your air max 90 by means of Nike is in essence a new sort about revolutionized energetic shoes this program features ideal extra padding. ken griffey sneakers will be designed preserving all of the skeletal system of each animal with brain. Furthermore, it includes aeroembolism towards assistance different strain about it and to present you with the best practical experience when it arrives right down to footwear. Finding Low-cost air griffey max ii may appear to be to you being a challenging in addition to time consuming hard chore, but it really just isn't as a result.