Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cheap Gossip Girl Fashion (Seriously!).

I adore Gossip Girl (as I've written about countless times before). The plotlines, the wonderful characters that keep evolving with each episode, the city, and of course, the fashion! I seriously find myself lusting over the beautiful designer and vintage clothes, the headbands and purses that cost more than my car.

I find myself wishing to the fashion gods, "Why can't you make an affordable line of clothing inspired by Gossip Girl that looks chic and not wannabe?"
Well, hello, the fashion gods have replied. Anna Sui is designing Gossip Girl inspired clothing for....TARGET! She has created different pieces to represent each character, and let me tell you, they are GORGEOUS. I'm seriously drooling over some of the dresses.

The line will be available both online and in Target stores from September 13th-October 17th. I'm a massive Target whore, and love how top designers are making cheap outfits for Target (I picked up some gorgeous Richard Chai dresses when he designed for them - fantastic!).

There are nineteen items in total, and these are some of the designs for each character:

Blair:
blair1

I die. I want this dress NOW please:
blair3

And this one too, while you're at it:
blair4

blair5

Serena:
serena5

serena2

serena6

serena1

Jenny:
jenny4

jenny5

jenny3

jenny2

Vanessa:
vanessa2

Not too fond of the track jacket on top of the dress, but the dress is definitely cute!
vanessa4

vanessa3

Again, not so much a fan of the vest paired with the dress, but to each their own.
vanessa1

Merci, Anna Sui!

Thoughts? Which outfits are your fave? And to all my Gossip Girl lovers, can you picture the characters wearing Anna Sui's designs based off of their style?

And, what did you all do for the Fourth?
I spent mine with J and his family. We had a cookout at his aunt's house, followed by a delicious vanilla cake with chocolate frosting (and raspberry mousse inside, yummo!), and then J and I headed to watch fireworks. He leaves for real tomorrow (aka, no coming home to surprise me for the weekend).
Oh! And he LOVED the journal! He said that he almost cried when he read what I wrote :) So he has custody of it until I go visit him.

P.S. I'm finally getting around to my awards next post, promise! Thanks to Amy and Couture Carrie for passing me on such delightful awards - it brightened my day, darlings!

Listening to: The Beatles - Come Together


Photos from: Collegefashion.net

20 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

I like Blair's...it's such a literal take but I still like it.

Glad you had fun today!! XOXO

yiqin; said...

So cute!! I want Blair's.

Couture Carrie said...

Oh darling you are so welcome ~ thanks for the shout-out!

I am so excited about this collaboration, too... That beige lace dress is calling my name!

xoxox,
CC

•¦Amy¦• said...

Very cute!

Lindsay said...

I love Blair's outfits..Serena's don't really look that great.

Glad you had a good fourth! I spent the day with Andy and had a relaxing night watching fireworks around the fire. It was fun!

KGBBlogger said...

Ehmagaaawd. Dying for them all! (: Yay target! I too, am a major target whore(:

KGBBlogger said...

thanks for the comment(: i still cant get over this! i have it as a favorite on my computer and printed out some for my mother...to buy me(:

Keith said...

Great photos. I think those are some nice outfits. I hope you've had a nice weekend. I've given you an award over at my Dino Lounge blog.

ashley said...

I like Blair's and Vanessa's. Quite the variety lol, but I'm all about different looks. Damn Canada for not having Target :(

La Couturier said...

Your comments are always so sweet! (: <3

I love the 2nd & 3rd - anything lace is love, and anything with bell/balloon sleeves will be a favorite of mine!

bisous,
La C.

Carol said...

I agree, love that dress!

Tracy-Girl said...

oh my gosh - thats amazing news!! gotta love target!

Hanako66 said...

I am SO excited about this...I'm literally going to buy the whole lot of them!

I'm glad you had a great forth and can't wait to hear more about the journal!

cindy said...

tbqh, i dig a lot of these!

♥Aubrey said...

Wooowww!!! Waiting with anticipation. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering giveaway. Best of luck to you :)-

Brunch at Saks said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog- so happy you did because yours is lovely! And I love Blair's outfits too! Great post :) XOXO

zupu said...

I love love love Blair and Leighton and I definitely like "her" dresses the most, the fourth one is my favorite! I'm so jealous because we don't have Target in Europe!!
Stammi bene cara!

♥Aubrey said...

Thanks girl for the sweet comment. You should check out my post tomorrow...i'm linking to you ♥ I just adore your blog. If ever you want to chat...i'm here: made_youblush@yahoo.com

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh its perfect! totally each character!

Nicole Linette said...

Ohhhhhh my GOD, I knew Anna Sui was coming to Target, but not with a Gossip Girl theme!!! =:D
Target-whore? I like the label. I've pegged myself as well. I adore all the looks for Blair. The prints and fits are reminiscent of Anna Sui's F/W '08 runway, which makes me love it even more.

Jeez this post makes me so happy.

peace&love,
nicole :)