On this lazy, lazy day when I'm not working due to a pretty intense eye infection - "Don't stare at screens like the computer or television, and don't wear your contacts for 10 days," informed my opthamologist this morning. While I love to read, am I supposed to just read with no computer or television for ten days? I don't think so (said in a Kevin McAllister ala Home Alone voice) - I figured that catching up on all of your lovely blogs before 2 a.m. would be a fabulous time to get some down time, clearly disregarding my doctor's orders. Whoops.
As I've posted about before, I LOVE Hedi Slimane and his beautiful take on photography and men's fashion. Even when I don't really understand why a photographer chose to shoot a certain subject, I can applaud the risk it takes to think outside of the box, or can capture so much emotion through something unexpected.
Since Slimane is constantly updating his website, these are some of my newer favorites!
Mmm, drooling over these Louboutins!
Thoughts? Which one is your favorite (or least favorite for that matter!) ?
Also, I'd like to thank both Carrie at Couture Carrie and Keith at Dino Lounge for passing me on this fabulous award. Thank you both very much - I adore your blogs as well and can see why you both won this award to begin with!
The second award is from Amy at My Pointe of View, who passed on the Honest Blog Award. For this one, I have to write ten honest things about myself, so hereee we go :)
1. J has only been gone for five days, and I miss him so, so much. I'm aware this may sound pathetic, but we went from spending almost every day this summer for 10+ hours together, so it's becoming quite the adjustment.
2. I hadn't been running in forever, and went on Sunday for the first time in a while. I thought that I could just do as much as I could when I'm in my stride, and failed miserably, barely covering 2 miles without feeling like my shins were going to explode and my quads were going to melt into pieces. I'm still a little sore, but I'm pushing through.
3. Ever since I got my new Nikon camera, I've been obsessed with taking pictures with it whenever I can. I wish it was more compact and I could just stick it in my purse, but obviously that's not the point of it : )
4. When I first started blogging, there was this nervousness about it all. The what ifs of what if no one ever read my blog, or identified what I was saying. But I have simply been overwhelmed by the number of fabulous people I have gotten to know through their beautiful words, or the inspiration I have found through so many of your posts. It's wonderful :)
5. When I was in seventh grade, I started to create a "wedding binder" with a collection of dresses, locations, flowers, cakes, etc. that I was interested in. It cracks me up to look through this binder now and some of the tacky dresess that I loved back in the day.
6. I love Anthony Bourdain and the Travel Channel. I think he's super funny - anyone who can cook and who is sarcastic is okay in my book.
7. I really dream of moving to New York and living in the Village (East), surrounded by hipsters and hippies, travelling to the West Village to indulge in Magnolia Bakery cupcakes whenever I can. Yes, please.
8. I've always wanted to be a contestant on Survivor, but I could not do the backstabbing. My brother on the other hand, Mr. Born Manipulator, would be fantastic on it.
9. Thai food is something I think I could eat every day. Either that or sushi. Yum, yum. I would be the size of a house, but it just might be worth it!
10. I love reality shows, from the good - like Top Chef and Project Runway, to the awful, like Paris Hilton's BFF. I have no shame, and enjoy the really awful ones with something equally awful - Kraft Mac & Cheese :)
I'd like to pass both these awards off to some of my favorite blogs:
Bella at Vintage Lollipops
Elizabeth at It's Unbeweavable!
Sophie at Kicking Couture
Hanako66 at Through the Looking Glass
Nicole at Loquaciousness
Jocelyn at Pieces of Jocelyn
Lindsay at La Belle Vie
Eddie at The Maverick Life
Dapper Kid at Dapper Kid
Fhen at Little Miss Fhenny
And, two of my new favorites:
Aubrey at Made You Blush
Brunch at Saks at Brunch at Saks
I hope you're all enjoying the summer weather!
Currently listening to: James Taylor - Your Smiling Face
My Little Lady’s Summer Looks
3 hours ago