Friday, June 5, 2009

Style Icon: Kerry Washington.

Sorry againnn for the lack of updating. Ugh, where does the time go? It's already June, and I still have yet to work, and my funds are running considerably low. Being a 21st century kind of gal, I refuse to let J pay for all our dates, and while this does make me feel considerably independent, it is also burning a hole in my bank account (I had to have my mother transfer funds the other day because I dropped under $100 in my bank account - I have NEVER done that before!). Don't get me wrong - it is very nice when J pays for an expensive dinner, but I don't know, I just feel bad having him do it allll the time.

Anywayyy, I try to spend some time before bed going through my stacks of magazines, that I haven't found the time to enjoy out in the sun lately because of the terrible weather the past few days that just seems endless. My magazine collection up in my room was absolutely piling up - to the extent that not even the three designated baskets I have in my room for magazines were overflowing onto the floor - something my mother was not too pleased about. I don't know why I was even hoarding them, but anyway, as I flipped through them before sticking them in the recycling bin in the kitchen, I came across quite a few pictures of Kerry Washington, and was seriously blown away by how gorgeous she is, and how impeccably dressed she always seems to be.

Honestly, I couldn't even recognize her from her character in Save the Last Dance. I think she is such a beautiful, intelligent, and tres, tres fashionable woman (and when I discovered she was a fellow Obama supporter, hello, love her even more now!). She was in Ray, where she portrayed the wife of Ray Charles, and did a beautiful job in it (and was nominated for a SAG award for her portrayal).

Her style appears to be pretty classic, but with fun twists. I honestly can't imagine her being on any worst dressed lists, everrrr.

82972544FD019_Louis_Vuitton

293.washington.kerry.092107

Actress Kerry Washington arrives at Clinton Foundation's Millennium Network Event at the Roosevelt Hotel on April 30, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.

15537223krhwiggins222200884359AM.0.0.0x0.432x587

kerry-washington-e.0.0.0x0.372x600

293.washington.kerry.lc.032409

I know this is a little different, but I still actually like it on her a lot. Could I pull it off though? Never.
kerry_washington23

kerry-washington.0.0.0x0.400x559

kerry_washington

kerry

kerry-washington-and-common-mtv-trl

kerry_washington_2

kerry_washington_vh1

Beverly Hilton

kerry-washington-picture-3


What do you think?

I'll catch up on all your blogs hopefully by Sunday - I'm going to a wedding with J tomorrow (I promise lots of pictures - I got the most adorable dress!). Enjoy your weekends, I adore and miss you all :)


All images found on a Google image search.


Currently listening to/watching: Gossip Girl - I DVRed the finale, and finallyyyy caught up on all the episodes. Seriously, I already can't WAIT for next season, and lovedddd the finale. I know I'm very far behind, but what did all your other Gossip Girl fans think?

27 comments:

twenty.seven.cents said...

Australia's non-cable channels haven't got gossip girl... :/
So right now I've only seen season 1, and I'm dying for season 2 to come out so I can buy it and catch up on everything... grrrr.
I'm a fan of the yellow dress with the black and white flowers on the bottom. VV nice. :)

Lindsay said...

I totally did not know she was in Save the Last Dance either! She is gorgeous!

I loved the Gossip Girl finale. Yay for Blair and Chuck.

Fashion Moment said...

Yes, she's fantastic! Every outfit is bingo!

FM~FP

kelly said...

dude! totally digging her style!!! great post! thanks for the comment good luck on the giveaway my dear!

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing post! I love KW's style, especially those short strapless dresses!!

xoxox,
CC

Eddie said...

Kerry Washington is absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for reminding me about this particular actress and her flawless sense of style.

Although I don't know much about women and their fashion in general, I can recognize that this woman can dress with style and grace. I personally enjoy when women wear clothes that look neat, classy and sleek, and you my darling, I feel, dress this way. You can pull off all of these styles you wickedly fierce wonder. I looooove your body. You are just the right size (although all sizes are beautiful) and your legs are hot. Man... if I were straight...

Hope you're enjoying your weekend and I'm glad the sun finally came out for a peek. Soak it up my darling...

Besitos para siempre

OmnisLucis said...

i love the powder pink gown. she has impeccable style.

(great blog!)

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Thanks for the feedback on my blog. It was great hearing from you. It was also wonderful to see a new post from you. I had missed seeing any new blog posts from you.

I'm sorry to hear that your money is running so low. That's a shame. I know that feeling. Good luck with that. I hope it works out.

I love the photos of Kerry. She's incredibly beautiful and stylish. It was nice to see all of those. Take care. I hope you've enjoyed your weekend.

Savvy Mode SG said...

she looks fab. i want to pay my share too even though bf always insist on paying for almost everything. i want to show him i appreciate his efforts.

dapper kid said...

I wish my parents could transfer some money into my account lol, I've been hovering around the £0 mark for months now! Kerry Washington is SO amazing, and I didn't even realise she was in Save The Last Dance...I'm going to have to watch it again just to see her lol. I like the fact that she takes those little risks, but still looks stunning :)

The structure of that first outfit is so fantastic, and I love the colour! And wow, the third dress is so pretty :) The fifth, silvery grey one is stunning. Oooh and love her in the long yellow dress! And yay for Common, he is so awesome.

Hope you've had a beautiful weekend dear :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

Hi lovey!
Miss you!

She is totally FIERCE! Her style is perfect and doesnt she always look so sweet and nice? I heart nice people.

Amazing choice for a style icon!

XOXO,
Liz

Breeahna said...

I have NEVER noticed how consistent she is! ....I love the mustar skirt & white shirt together... I MUST HAVE that skirt :)

stylewithbenefits said...

She is so gorg and has an amazing sense of style! I'm digging your blog and your selection of music! I def. had your blog open in another window and was jamming to it. :)

xo, Becs
http://www.stylewithbenefits.wordpress.com

Aren Becks said...

I think that it should be equal pay for dates. My closet is complied of probably every issue from Spin, Wired, The New Yorker, Boho, and Nylon. Save the Last Dance is definitely one of my favorite classic films.

G'night,
Aren

Charmaine said...

i LOVE the colour of the jacket she's wearing.. wow and she's just so classy !!!

•¦Amy¦• said...

Love her style. Quite classic!

My magazines piled up too. Finally I decided to cut out the images I liked best and create this elaborate collage on my walls with them and recycle the remains of the mags.

Missed your posts!

Hanako66 said...

she is sooooo gorgeous and what style!!!

GG can do no wrong in my eyes.....love it!

fhen said...

oh kerry washington is fabulous!
she pulled all the outfit well!


i have an award for you, please check it out
http://littlemissfhenny.blogspot.com/2009/06/things-change-or-they-die.html

cherry kiss,
fhen

Carol said...

She is lovely!

yiqin; said...

She looks so great in yellow!

La Couturier said...

I love that you're an independent girl! :) I'm the same way too! I feel terrible having the date pay :P

I loveeee Kerry Washington's dresses. I would love to raid her closet!

Bisous,
La C.

Bella said...

Hi, love!

She's absolutely stunning! I love how her stlye melds different elements, making it her own.

Oh, I'm soooo glad you got my e-mail... please let me know when you get them! I posted a little congratulations the other day... and can't wait to see you rock your new CE jeans! xxx

Bella said...

Hahaha, I just read your comment! I can't believe you got them already... wow, super quick!
You deserve them babe, and I know they'll look amazing on you! xxx

la petite fashionista said...

wow she has such a sophisticated style & knows how to dress her body type! great style inspiration

Tracy-Girl said...

she can pull off anything... I love it!

Eda said...

She's so stylish!

Herschel Muehlbach said...

Ray Ban RB2132 Eyewear is among the hottest promoting of all. rb4113 New Wayfarer Sun glasses could be the most current series that is featured by the manufacturer. It supplies you some added and would make you seem cool when you put on Ray Ban 4099 Sunglasses.