Friday, June 26, 2009

Style Evolution.

So it only seems fitting that after I write a post about how I'm lacking inspiration, I would find it at every corner I turn to. Ironic, huh? Not that I'm complaining - the flood of inspiration is just a beautiful thing, and it's making me so happy right now as I post this. Maybe my inflated mood and overwhelming amount of inspiration has to do with the fact that there has been no rain for the past two days - the sun has been shining and it was in the 80's today! Or maybe all of your wonderful comments and assurances that everyone goes through inspiration dry spells helped me realize that I'm not alone. Whatever it is, I'm so grateful for it.

I stumbled across Teen Vogue the other day, and saw that Emma Watson is making an appearance in the magazine.
I love Harry Potter - the books are just amazing, and I enjoy the movies quite a bit too. Though honestly, watching the first film in the series, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I do not think I could have predicted that years later I would be calling Emma Watson a style icon.

Ms. Watson has grown up and evolved style wise in just an amazing way. She has gone from a childish style (which I know, she's young, and I do not blame her at all) to being friends with Karl Lagerfeld (jealousy on my end) and the new face of Burberry. The evolution from style challenged tween to classy and sophisticated woman just blows my mind.

Her recent Teen Vogue shoot is just beautiful. She looks every bit the stunning young woman she has become, and the clothes just fit her beautifully. I am so inspired by the beautiful, bold colors of both the clothes and the setting of the photos, and by Emma's ease in posing for the pictures.

The three main characters of Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Watson) seem to have gone through quitee the evolution over the years.

Then:
stsl-01-emma-watson-style-0906

Now:
stsl-11-emma-watson-style-0906

These are some of the gorgeous photos of Emma from the Teen Vogue shoot:

ppsl-07-emma0906

ppsl-06-emma0906

ppsl-05-emma0906

ppsl-03-emma0906

ppsl-04-emma0906

ppsl-02-emma0906

Why am I so in love with this skirt?! Actually, the whole outfit, thank you very much.
ppsl-01-emma0906


Thoughts?

All images from Teen Vogue (TeenVogue.com)

P.S. I have an idea of something additional I can do for J for the month + he'll be away, but I'm not sure if it's really ridiculous, or cute. He and I will probably only see each other once a week, if that, because he'll be over 3 hours away, which is a lottt of driving, and we both have kind of opposite schedules since I have nights free, and he is working nights = /
So I was thinking that I could buy a journal, and we could write each other letters while we're apart...like I would start it off and give it to him, and then he would write back to me and hand it to me when I came to visit....we could write about anything - how we feel about each other, what we did on a particular day, anything that is on our minds. It wouldn't have to be anything ridiculously time consuming, just something to kind of make us closer while we're away.
Honestly, is that really lame? If your boyfriend or girlfriend presented you with something like that would your thought be "Oh my gosh, this is so lame" or "Wow, how sweet!"


Currently listening to: Michael Jackson - Beat It. (RIP Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Ed McMahon. So much sadness in such a short time - my thoughts and prayers are with your families!).

29 comments:

HiFashion said...

I love how all three have grown up really well. I also love Emma Watson. She has such great style and is stunning.

•¦Amy¦• said...

I just picked up that issue of Teen Vogue last night at the bookstore. It's really amazing watching people like that grow up, especially for me since I'm growing up around the same time. Give or take a year or two.

Her style, and that of both Dan and Rupert, has matured so well, she's become so very beautiful.

zupu said...

I'm actually a huge fan of Harry Potter, reading the books make me feel childish and carefree. And I love Emma Watson, I believe also in the future she will have a great career and I like her style already now even though her young age she is so chic. Nice post dear!

Kicking couture said...

Isnt she just darling, i love her simplicty but glamorous look.

I cant wait to pick up teen vogue, i loved the issue with her with harry potter cast!

Love the post as always

KC

Elizabeth Marie said...

Hey sweets! I think Emma Watson is on her way to being a style icon! Gorgeous.

I think the notebook idea is super cute!! And in this day and age with email and texting, etc, how romantic to have something written down..pen and paper. Love it!! XO

la petite fashionista said...

her style has evolved so much! she's a blossoming fashion icon :)

also, i love the journal idea. that sounds like something I would do if i had a boyfriend. if you can get him to cooperate.. he's a keeper:)

Couture Carrie said...

The journal sounds lovely, darling... So romantic!

And I adore your flood of inspiration, especially the Teen Vogue shoot - fabulous!

Btw, gave you an award on my blog today!

xoxox,
CC

tiltumaria said...

Emma is sooo gorgeous! And what an improvement in their styles! But then again, they were so little back then...
xxx

stylewithbenefits said...

Emma looks great in that editorial and she is a true budding fashionista. You can tell she already has a fab personal style.

And I love the journal idea.. it's way creative and cute!

xo, Becs

La Couturier said...

That idea is soooo cute (: Do it!

And I LOVE Emma Watson! She's one of my favorite actresses & my style icon. I loved her spread in Teen Vogue; so English, so beautiful!

bisous,
La C.

tiltumaria said...

thanks! and yes it was delicious!
xx

kirstyb said...

Emma has definately grown up! Its like it happened overnight! xoxox

La Couturier said...

Wouldn't it be lovely if there was a masquerade ball? *sigh* I would love to attend one...

I think it'd be quite amazing if there was one thrown for us bloggers... (;

bisous,
La C.

twenty.seven.cents said...

ahhhh I love Rupert! lol. We share the same birthday... lol.
I'm going to see the new Harry Potter in french! holy crap! :O

I love Emma Watson too, and I'm glad she hasn't grown into a little bitch diva-queen if you know what I mean. Her shots are amazing as well!

I reckon the diary idea is good, a few of my friends used to do it during High School, so I think it's a great idea. :)

Keith said...

I think Emma has grown up to be very beautiful and stylish. Great photos of her.

The journal idea sounds wonderful. I like it.

Take care. Have a great week. Cheers!

Soren Lorensen said...

he he he they all look so young in that first photo

thank you

Carol said...

Wow! You can really see how much they've grown when you look at pictures of them at the beginning of Harry Potter. Emma is so lovely too.

Bella said...

Oh, I think a journal is a perfect idea... it's intimate, creative, and romantic, which are elements technology doesn't always afford us. And the Teen V Emma spread is amazing... what a transformation as she comes into her own. I'm so glad you posted it babe, and I'm pretty much dying over the wardobe selection! Gorgeous.

Big hugs xxx

kpeach said...

As beautiful as they have all grown up to be, I love how they just look like real kids in that first pic-so refreshing! I loved that Teen Vogue too, I wrote about it also!
fringeoffashion.blogspot.com

•¦Amy¦• said...

there's something waiting for you on my lobg <3

dapper kid said...

I am always taken aback when I see Emma Watson, I'm still kind of picturing little curly haired Hermoine! But I do love how her style is developing, and she truly does look stunning in that editorial.

Awwww and your journal idea sounds so cute dear!!! How absolutely lovely :)

Hanako66 said...

that is so sweet, you should totally do it!

I HAD to buy that issue....the guy bagging the groceries was like, "is this your teen vogue?" after he had bagged up 4 bottles of wine and all of my other misc groceries....very embarassing!

The Starving Stylist said...

Awww thanks for visiting my Blog and I must say that I quite adore yours as well!

Anyways, Emma Watson has definitely come along way from her Harry Potter days, but I still find it quite awkward to adjust the idea of seeing her in such fashion foward editorials and ad campaigns. . .

Alya said...

Oh my God look at how much they grew up! They were so teeny weeny!

I loved Emma Watson's shoot. Amazing!

By the way, I've got a Perricone MD product to give away at my blog. Contest ends tonight! Check it out :)

*karo said...

Emma is so gorgeous in that photoshoot
I love her also in Burberry campaign!
when I saw those pics, I just said: wooooooow!

yiqin; said...

YES THE TRIO HAS GROWN UP SO MUCH!

Nicole Linette said...

Hi Allison!!
I guess I could say I'm back.. but it's indefinite :) How have you been? I've missed reading your blog so much, so many awesome posts I must have missed..
But thankfully not this one!!!
This is my favorite Teen Vogue of Emma yet. She eases into fashion so easily, but she still has a poise and prescence that owns the clothes. I can't wait for the 6th movie to come out :)
And I think that's adorable what you and your boyfriend want to do with the letters and journal! I'm all for it.. not lame at all.

Have a fantastic week!
peace&love,
nicole.

Eddie said...

OMG. I never truly paid much attention to how much Emma has grown. Wow. She's a stunning, well put together you lady. The pic where she had the lace stockings and those gorgeous black heels... damn!!

Wonderful post my darling. The pictures were lickable.

Peace and Latin love...

Herschel Muehlbach said...

Ray Ban RB2132 Sun glasses is among the hottest selling of all. rb3293 New Wayfarer Sunglasses may be the most up-to-date sequence that is offered from the brand name. It gives you some further and can make you search cool if you dress in rb3395 Sunglasses.