Friday, June 12, 2009

Lazy, Lazy Day.

So, I finallyyy have a free day - the first one since I've been home from school, and while I do miss hanging out with J, I must admit that having the morning free to lounge around, get some yoga and a run in, and now just hang out and lounge by the pool feels prettyyy good. Also, yay, the forecast for today was absolutely terrible, but it's absolutely gorgeous out right now, which is fantastic.

Last night J and I headed to where we had our first date (my favorite restaurant), P.F. Chang's. Seriously, if you haven't been there and you love Asian food, I highly recommend it. Since neither of us have had much money lately to really do anything big, it was really nice to just kind of get out and go out for a nice dinner. It was actually my second dinner of the night, as I had my grandfather's birthday dinner out with my family beforehand (where I only ate a salad to save room for yummy lettuce wraps and seafood!).

And, it gave me a chance to wear the fabulous new pair of Current/Elliot jeans that I won from the fabulous Bella of Vintage Lollipops. If you all haven't checked out her blog, I swear you will fall in love with her fantastic sense of style and her charming words. She definitely has one of my favorite blogs around :) And, if you don't own a pair of Current/Elliot jeans, I would definitelyyy advise you getting a pair! I also own the boyfriend jean in addition to my new skinny jeans, courtesy of Chickdowntown.com and they are wonderful.

Pat and I before our grandpa's bday dinner:
Picture 031
Jeans: Current/Elliot. Top: Anthropologie. Sweater: Fossil. Jewelry: Tiffany & Co. Shoes: Target.

J and I at PF Chang's:
Picture 041


Anyway, J and I have been spending every second with each other lately - Monday and Tuesday we kind of lazed around, watching movies and sitting in my backyard (before the rain caused us to come inside). Wednesday night I cooked him dinner for the first time (which was actually a huge success, and he lovedd it).

I also got to meet one side of his family at a wedding for his cousin on Saturday. We had been looking forward to the wedding since a week after we first started dating, and he invited me to come. Of course, finding the perfect dress was unbelievably difficult, and finding a suit for J proved to be quite the production as well, since we are both tres, tres picky and know what we're looking for and won't settle. We ran around the mall for days straight, picking through the casual summer dresses on display, and the ties that just weren't skinny enough, or were too patterned for J's liking.

During one extra long mall trip (seriously, 4+ hours, where we walked into every single store in search of perfection in the form of a dress and skinny black tie), we were pretty worn out and discouraged, when we happened to walk by H&M. I'm an H&M fan, but was skeptical that I would find anything - when I came across this gorgeous, gorgeous yellow dress. There was only one size 2 left, which I took as a sign and immediately snatched it off the rack to try it on. Let me tell you, that it fit me absolutely perfectlyyy. So I immediately snatched it up (because for $34.50, really!? How could I not?) and voila, no more panicking that I would make a fool out of myself and look ridiculous in front of J's family.

He ended up finding a suit and tie the DAY OF the wedding, which looked wonderful on him, so it was very worth the wait :) I was afraid it would be awkward for me, since sometimes that doessss seem to happen when you meet someone's family, but J completely made me feel included in all conversations at all times, which was amazing.

I hadn't eaten ALL DAY because I knew the food would just fabulous and didn't want to overeat beforehand, which J, his brother and his brother's girlfriend also apparently thought of, because none of them ate either. When the ceremony was over and we got to the cocktail hour, all four of us absolutely indulged on everything - crabcakes, champagne, coconut shrimp, an entire spread of cheeses and breads, chicken - seriously, I can't even remember everything else that I ate. This was not the wisest decision, because as soon as we were allowed into the ballroom and the bridal party and bride and groom made their entrances, we were served an appetizer of fried ravioli. I ate one, J ate one and a half, his brother had half and his brother's girlfriend had one. We were all absolutely stuffed. Bad decision, especially because the food was just so delicious.

We danced the night away - there was a fantastic DJ who played such a wide variety of styles and generations of songs. I am no dancer (and thankfully, neither is J), but we had the time of our lives making complete idiots out of ourselves on the dance floor.

It really was a perfect night, especially when J presented me with a bouquet of calla lillies (my favorite), which are sitting in my view as I type this.

Picture 044

Well, at least he looks good in this one:
Picture 045

Picture 046
Dress: H&M. Jewelry: Mikimoto pearl necklace and earrings.

Anyway, that's my little update :) I hope all is well with you all! As for me, I'm off to lounge my by pool with a glass of red wine in hand and catch up on some reading.

P.S. Does anyone have an ideas of free or veryyy cheap things that J and I can do?

P.S.S. J leaves for his summer job in July - any cute ideas of anything I can make/do for him while he's away? I want to be pretty creative with it, and I do have some time :) Let me know!



Currently playing: Lil Wayne ft. Kevin Rudolf - In Ya Face

xo, love you all.

P.S. Thank you to the wonderful Fhen and Michele3 for the "lovely blog award!" I would like to pass it on to ALL of my readers - you're all seriously so, so lovely. J'adore.

blogaward

23 comments:

Lindsay said...

You guys are way too cute!

As for cheap fun ideas, you should go for a picnic, play board games, or go on a bike ride.

Margaux. said...

cute dress!

twenty.seven.cents said...

I think if I read Chuck Palahniuk's diary my head would explode with the sheer awesome lol.
You think so far in advance! lol, I would have stuffed myself silly before the event, and during the event and probably some afterwards... and then complained that I have a stomach ache and want to go to sleep... [like a child. lol... god] I'm very much a person who acts on the moment, and then pay the consequences later. lol.
Oh welllss... umm.. cheap things... hire movies? and have a movie marathon? Pictionary is always awesome if you have other people around.. plus if you guys know each other real well, victory is yours, which is always fun. lol

Couture Carrie said...

You and J are so cute together! You should have a romantic picnic!!

xoxox,
CC

OmnisLucis said...

you guys look so happy together (and you have gorgeous hair!)
things to do together-take fun photobooth pics

things to make for him(attn: romantic overload!):record your life thru a camera by taking like 10 random pics during the same single hour every day , put in an envelope with a notecard that reads "1/24 of the times i've missed you like crazy, edition (enter number here)" and send it to him the next day. or create a blog invite-only for him and post pics on there!

HiFashion said...

ww, you guys look so cute together. And you look lovely in your dress. I love your new header as well.

Kicking couture said...

You and J are so cute!!

thanks for the comment sweetie! Love the jeans, so cute!!

•¦Amy¦• said...

I love the yellow dress!

Oooh as for cheap/fun things to do, I love candy picnincs! You go to the nearest candy store that sells by the lb. and buy about five dollars (or ten :D) worth of candy. Get a blanket and some music and have a picninc. It's a nice cheap way to have a wonderful day :]

Elizabeth Marie said...

Yay I love updates on my favorite girls.

You are soooo gorgeous! You look great in the jeans and that yellow dress is perfect on you! And pearls! Fabulous.

You and J are toooo cute. OMG. You look so happy, which makes me happy.

And your new header is amazing.
Cheap dates-I agree with the girls-picnics, if there is any hiking around with pretty views, movie nights...

XOXO!!

Hanako66 said...

first of all...I'm with Liz, love the new header!!! You look great in your new jeans...I was so stoked that you won! and you look GORGEOUS at the wedding, such a pretty color!

Hub and I had our first date at PF Changs and he took me there the night that he proposed which was our 1 year anniversary...love it!

we used to go bowling together a lot...that's fun. tonight, we are literally camping out in front of the tv...we even have a little fort and are eating on the floor...cheap and fun:)

Denise said...

i love your pants and the shiny silver shoe.

wow you and your boyf definitely looks like each other. so cute!

Hannah is Narnia's Closet said...

aww you're so adorable! i love the yllow weddin dress. summer just screams yellow to me.

Sydnie said...

Oh, that yellow dress is gorgeous! It looks amazing on you! I really like those paint-splattered jeans, too. You always have amazing style!

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

You guys are adorable! How long have you been together? I love your dress, and goodness what a steal! As for cheap things to do, have you ever heard of geocaching? Check out this website it's a GPS treasure hunt it's pretty awesome! http://www.geocaching.com/

Go stargazing, and get ihop to-go at 4 in the morning!

Volunteer at a shelter!

make a list of funny little cafe's and restaurants. Instead of going to your same old coffee shop, check one off the list!

Alec and I filed out the color personality test for the other person, it was fun to see what color the other person is. Then fill it out for yourself and compare answers :) It also shows how well you know each other, and you can learn even more!

make stickers and put them all around the city, you'll see them everywhere, it's pretty awesome!

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Great post. It was cool to find out what's been going on in your life. I love the photos of you and J. You do make such a good looking couple. I hope you did have a wonderful weekend. Cheers!

Carol said...

Cute pictures!

dapper kid said...

Awww you and J look adorable together!!! Loving the jeans and those silver shoes, and wow the yellow dress looks fantastic :) Never underestimate the power of H&M, they always seem to have the right stuff lol. Glad you both had a lovely time at the wedding :)

ashley said...

Just know that I am absolutely envious of your hair!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Darling! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog yesterday...I am so thankful that you are in my life!!

xoxo Liz

yiqin; said...

Ah so cute.

fhen said...

you two look so great together! so happy to see it :)
err.. maybe you two can go to picnic, go to the city's park, do sports like riding bicycle together, movie marathon at home, making craft or baking together, and the list goes on.


xoxo,
fhen

zupu said...

I adored to read your stories!

It´s not free but I also love doing picnics; you could prepare a nice bag of delicious things you do yourself (salty pastries, salad, cupcakes, cheese & bread & fruits) and a bottle of wine and go to a park/beach to eat and enjoy lying on a blanket reading and just relaxing.

Erika said...

The two of you are so incredibly cute; and that dress is to die for. I can't believe it was under $35!

I vote for a picnic. In my opinion, there is no cuter thing than to have a picnic with the one you love! :)