Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Free At Last + 8 Things Tag!

Well, I'm finallyyyy finished! As of yesterday, no more finals, no more living in the library from open til close, no more Red Bull (except the morning I leave for the airport for China at 4:30 a.m....at that point I will be consuming as many Red Bulls as possible before security tears them out of my hands)....at least until next semester (which, I'm already dreading!).

I cleared all of my crap out of my room BY MYSELF (the new boy was with his parents unpacking his room, but he did offer to help, to which I politely turned him down and said I could handle it... ahh, independence). While I felt quite independent carrying all my boxes to my little car, my back was not thrilled with my feministic attitude, and has been bothering me ever since.

Today was the first day in a longgg time that I have sat down and done almost nothing (partially because of the HEINOUS and unrelenting rain that we've been experiencing here the past few days!). I went out to this fantastic cupcake place (I had a peanut butter and jelly cupcake! - yellow cake, with pb&j baked inside with peanut butter buttercream icing and jelly drizzled over the top....100000 calories, probably; delicious, absolutely) with the boy I went on that late-night-should-have-been-studying-date, because he only lives about a half hour from me back home! Yay :) More details on that to come - I don't want to rush anything/make a big deal too soon.

The beautiful Elizabeth (who happens to have fantastic hair and always looks airbrush perfect) of Unbeweavable tagged me in the "8 Things" post that seems to be going around. And now that I'm done with school, it seems like the PERFECT way to give my brain a bit of a rest and focus on some fun things!

I promise I'll have a real, real post soon and will bore you all to death with details of my life ;)



8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:

1. Sleeping! - Seriously, my body is aching for sleep. It is currently 11:23 p.m. (we must be precise, right?) and I am feeling my eyes get heavier and heavier. As soon as I finish this blog, I'm going to go to bed...yayyy for bed before 3 a.m. :)
2683_4265

2. CHINA - I don't know if I even blogged about this to you guys yet, but on the 15th of March, I'm going to CHINA for 2 weeks! For the first week I'm going to be teaching conversational English at a university there (scattered with a day trip to the Great Wall one day!), and then after that first week, we head to Beijing for another week for sightseeing, shopping, and just touring around. Hello, can I possibly be more excited (especially because I am an Asian culture whore - I can't get enough of the art, food, family values, EVERYTHING!).
Lets just prayyy that this stupid pig flu won't keep the Chinese government from letting us all in = /


3. The new Kasabian album coming out in June. I know, I know, lameee. But seriously, any time that one of my favorite bands is coming out with a new album, I get reallyyy excited :) And I've heard their newest single from the album and it is greattttt.
Kasabian

4. Exploring NYC. New boy and I were talking about how it is so crazy that we live so freaking close to the city, and neither of us go in on a regular basis. So we vowed to explore the city as much as possible this summer, taking in new and unique sights, finding cute little hole in the wall restaurants and cafes, and just people watching for hours on end. Being in the city is such a rush for me - I love just taking it all in, and I'm glad that someone finallyyyy wants to go in with me :)
2576_514837055553_30202579_30968434_688769_n

5. Getting back into the swing of running! Yessss for warm nights when I can run, run, run! I especially love when it's a hot/warm day and it rains lightly. That is my favoriteeee time to run. Ah, I'm excited just thinking about it!

6. Rainy summer days. They're my favorite time to relax. Usually I'm always going, always having somethinggg to do, or feel unproductive sitting around when it's so beautiful outside. Once it rains, and the day is a little bit gloomy, I love it. I officially have an excuse to wear leggings and my dad's old Harvard sweatshirt, and sit and watch endless hours of movies and television, usually consuming bowls upon bowls of some type of summer fruit (preferably pineapple).

7. MARGARITA NIGHTS! I will finally (legally) be able to partake in the age old tradition of heading to my mom's bff's gorgeous house on a lake, sitting around, drinking margs of all different flavors, and sleeping over there, which gives me an excuse to drink over my usual limit. Yessss.
margarita_1_

8. Regular mani/pedis. My treat to myself. The place that is right down the street from me is ideal - I can walk there and reduce my carbon footprint, they know me by name, and Olivia (the owner) always makes sure that her best people are working to polish and buff my nails into perfection. And, best part - it's only $20 for the best mani/pedi around (seriously, I've checked most of the other places out - they cannotttt compare).


8 Things I Did Yesterday

1. Packed everything, by myself, and loaded it into my car (in the rain!). This made me feel quite independent, and quite stupid after my back started killing me.

2. Drove home. Had a little babyyy accident involving some hydroplaning. I'm fine, few bumps, nothing big and my car has ZERO damage! What are the odds of that?! The man at the dealership said I'm veryyy lucky.

3. Met Bobby Flay with my dad. Haha, my dad told me he had a BIG surprise for me. We drove to Connecticut, stood on line for 2 hours and 45 minutes, and then got our picture taken and had two books autographed by Bobby Flay (who is one of my dad's favorite chefs...I swear, he has every episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay on our DVR). While it wasn't exactlyyy what I thought the surprise would be, it was nice to be able to spend time with my dad.
Bobby_Flay's_Mesa_Grill_Cookbook_book_jacket

4. Ate my fave grilled chicken sandwich from Wawa, which I bought before I left PA. Unfortunately, there is no Wawa at home. For those of you who don't know, Wawa is the most delicious convenience store ever. They make these amazinggg sandwiches for like super cheap. Every time I go in, I get the same thing - grilled chicken on a kaiser roll, lettuce, little bit of mayo, Ranch dressing and bacon. And it never ceases to disappoint. I swear, most of my money goes to a chicken sammich at Wawa :)

5. Watched movies (The Sandlot and The Goonies, aka the movies we grew up on) with my brother, who just got home yesterday as well!
sandlot1

6. Cuddled with Cooper. He has been glued to my side since I've been home.

7. Got my new Nikon D60! Yayyyy.
nikon_d60_1

8. Slept! For a good twelve hours. Allllll right.


8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. I wish I could not let the little things get to me, and focus more on big things.

2. I wish I could function on only two hours sleep a night, and not look like a zombie in the morning.

3. I wish I could speak another language fluently. I feel like that just puts you at such an advantage in life, especially if you can speak Spanish, which is so prevalent!

4. I wish I could live more green. Like, with solar panelling in my house, all high efficiency products... hopefully one day soon! :)

5. I wish that I could have told people that I lost without expecting it how I felt about them. I know that they knew I loved them, but if I could have just voiced that to them...I think I'd feel a lot better.

6. I wish that we lived in a world where everyone got along and just loved one another. Nobody hated anyone else because they were gay, straight, black, white, Latino, Asian, Indian, anything. People just coexisted peacefully, and there would be no need for war.

7. I wish that I hadn't been burned so bad in the past. I find it really hard now to trust people, and not to freak out over little things, or read too much into situations. It causes me to doubt myself, and I absolutely hate that.

8. I wish that my dog will live however long as I do, haha. I'm going to be a messsss when he dies.

8 TV Shows I Watch:
the-office2
1. The Office

2. Entourage

3. Top Chef

4. Planet Earth/The Blue Planet

5. Skins

6. CSI (Vegas onlyyy)

7. Law & Order SVU

8. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia


Ahh, what a fun post! Seriously, I would LOVE for as many of you to do this as possible - I'd LOVE to learn more about you all :)

I've missed you all terribly, can't wait to catch up on your wonderful blogs!

Currently listening to: TV on the Radio - Shout Me Out

21 comments:

Keith said...

Hey Allison. It was great to see a new post from you. I quite enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you are finished with your finals. My sis finished up hers tomorrow. That sounds great about the trip to China. Wow! I hope you have a great time there. I really enjoyed reading all the things that you posted here. Take care. I hope you are doing well. Cheers! Keith

black vanilla rose said...

Ooo you must be so excited about your new camera, that's so stylee! Lovely blog, looks like a lot of fun... might need to give it a go also xoxo

•¦Amy¦• said...

Very neat post!

How exciting that you're going to China. I've always secretly, well maybe not so secretly, wanted to teach ESL in Japan. It's great that you have the chance in China!
I actually have a friend who spent a month there last summer while touring for Long Beach Ballet. She says it's beautiful...she loved it! Enjoy your trip! :]

I'll have to post the tag. Those are always so much fun :D

Couture Carrie said...

Congrats on finishing your exams, darling A! And how exciting that you are going to China!

Yay for margs too :)

Love your tag answers - your fave shows mirror mine!

xoxox,
CC

Lindsay said...

Omg I can't believe you are going to China! That will be so fun! And I hope things work out with the new boy!

Alyssa Megan said...

I tagged you in my blog ;)

Hanako66 said...

first of all, so glad that you are done with finals....woohoo!

your yesterday is perfection! my goodness, new camera/bobby flay...where do I sign up! I went to an Emeril signing once and he really couldn't have been nicer:)

omg you are going to China...so cool!

what is this Skins that I have heard so much about? What chanel is it on?

have a great day!

zupu said...

Congratulations and thanks for a great post! It seems you'll have a wonderful summer coming up. Enjoy exploring New York also for me, I wish so much to go there! Un bacione

molly said...

ahhh congratulations on finally being done!
and CHINA??? wow, thats soo exciting, i cant wait to hear about it
love this post, and you have awesome taste in tv :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

OMG OMG OMG !
First of all, I DO NOT always look airbrushed you silly girl haha!

I LOOOOOVE THIS, Im so glad you did it!
1. New boy?! I am going to need details...when you're ready...le sigh. I understand though-I blasted the ex all over my blog and look what happened haha!

2. Margaritas! NYC! New camera! CHINA?? Holy crap.

3. You're amazing! I'm so glad you're done with school for now and can sleep and have fun!

I'm going to NYC in August...we should totally coordinate and get cupcakes at magnolia! Yummmm.XOXO

Elizabeth Marie said...

Ok What the heck? Apparently I wasn't following you before, which would explain why I could never find you on my blogroll...and thats B.S because you're clearly one of my favs! SORRY! Following!

I came back because I forgot to tell you that CSI VEGAS is the onlyyyy one worth watching, I agree! And it's Always Sunny! When is that coming back?!

Ok...I'm done for now. haha :)

Nicole Marie said...

so lucky you're going to china!! have so much fun and take lots of pictures!! safe travels!!

Hannah said...

I love that tag! I might have to do it just for fun :)

Your blog seems so neat! You're going to China?! LUCKY! Haha

-Hannah

xs said...

i look forward to ALL the things you look forward to! we must be soul mates!

La Couturier said...

Loved your answers =]

And have fun in China! Do tell us about that experience, it sounds wonderful!

Bisous,
La C.

dapper kid said...

Yay for finishing finals :) Haha, now you get to do a movie marathon and sleeeep! Wow, wow, wow China sounds sooo amazing!! That should be so much fun :) Aww that was sweet of your dad, plus you have the signed books now!

I am totally watching the Goonies tonight now, I watched The Outsiders yesterday for the first time in forever, it was so good. Yikes, and glad you and the car are ok! I hate motorways and what not in the rain, it scares the life out me. Annnd yay for new camera!!

Oh my, and Planet Earth is awesomeness no? I remember watching them every week on the BBC when they first came out. They were absolutely breathtaking! And yay for Skins :) E4 finally has a good home grown show, rather than just running eppies of Friends and Scrubs.

Tracy-Girl said...

Congrats on it all.. especially being done with finals, and getting to explore that fabulous city! :)

Bella said...

Hey baby!

You're such a doll... your sweet comments ALWAYS brighten my day! And I'm loving this tag.

I'm sending a big congratulations on finishing those exams... such a sigh of relief, I'm sure. But let me quickly add that I'm terribly jealous of your new Nikon D60 and the fact that you're going to China!!!!

Have a great week love, can't wait for your next post. xxxx

Savvy Mode SG said...

good luck in china and have fun exploring nyc. you will have so much to do in nyc.

sleepyheaded nindya said...

wow :D

Sydnie said...

Hey! I really enjoyed reading your blog! It's very good, and I'll definately be returning!

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com