Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cause Me Pain, Hedi Slimane!

First, thank you all for your sweet comments - it's funny, writing that last post was extremely cathartic for me, and I learned that I really don't need to settle for someone's crap, because I'm way above it. It's also ironic because after I came to this epiphany, R called me three times, and wrote on my Facebook wall, all of which I ignored, and without guilt.

Okay, so moving on...I am officially on Easter break, and am heading to Cape Cod tonight with my parents and Poppy (grandpa) to just get away and spend some quality time at our house up there, so if I don't get a chance to comment on your fabulous blogs until Sunday, I'm very sorry!

For those of you who don't know, Hedi Slimane is a French photographer and designer, who has started a ton of modeling careers around the world (with unbelievably thin models). Without any formal training, at age 28 Slimane became the head menswear designer at YSL, and after that he moved on to working for Dior Homme. Karl Lagerfeld wears nothing but Hedi Slimane, and swears by his designs.

Not only is Slimane a fabulous designer, a "revolutionary" in the menswear fashion campaign, he is also an extremely gifted photographer.

You can view Slimane's "fashion diary," a collection of his photographs at HediSlimane.com

These are some of my favorites, spanning from this month to 2007. They take place all over from LA, to Paris, to London and beyond...enjoy! A great deal of Slimane's work is breathtaking black and white, which I am absolutely obsessed with. The emotion that is captured on film is just beyond.

33470_ochildren-016548

85375_081218

Mizz Courtney Love:
45864_courtneylove1

98328_werner103a

91577_081218039207

My brother practically lives in this t-shirt - it was so weird to see it being photographed :)
55191_esser-015930

42889_038595

81356_bigpink2-017054

71909_038168

31924_berge00070_050

37428_esser-015963

I love this one:
8772_00060_009

16906_scums-016866

10752_bigpink2-016951

835_lindsay_041003


If you're super interested in Hedi Slimane and his work, you can watch this video:


What do you think?

Have a fantastic Passover/Easter everyone! And again, sorry if there is a delay in my commenting on all of your blogs - I will catch up with you all soon! xo

Currently listening to: The Professor (acoustic) - Damien Rice

14 comments:

Hanako66 said...

wow, cool stuff....glad you are feeling better!!

Eddie said...

First and foremost, I must say that your comments are always touching and comforting. You always manage to creep a little further into my heart with your attentiveness and sincerity. I love you for that. Each and every comment of yours I appreciate to the full extent.

As for your post, those pictures are absolutely amazing. They were all great, especially the Lindsay Lohan one. He managed to capture her in a state of drugged-up inebriation... the essence of her fame.

Another great post my darling dear. I hope you have a fantastic time with your family and I wish you the bestest Passover/Easter ever.

Besitos para siempre love...

fhen said...

the pictures are all great. love everything you posted here. thanks for sharing. he is fantastic!
hope you have a very good time with your family dear

happy easter/passover

xoxo,
fhen

dapper kid said...

Haha all the girls love Marc Jacobs as a designer, and all the guys love Hedi Slimane!! He is definitely one of my favourites, alongside Ozwald Boateng, he brought the slim cut back, which suits me perfectly :) And yes, his photographs are sooo fantastic!!

Hope you're having a wonderful time in Cape Cod dear, and have an excellent Easter weekend :)

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous photos!
Have an amazing time at the Cape, A!

Happy Easter!

xoxox,
CC

Tracy-Girl said...

glad you ignored him... and that youre okay with it! love all your pictures!

molly said...

what gorgeous photographs - thank you for sharing. she sounds like a very interesting and inspiring woman.
and thanks as always for your wonderful comment - i am always excited to see a new comment from you!

Kicking couture said...

Wow, those pictures are gorgeous ally! I have to say my faves are the lindsay lohan, the old couples hands touching and the dog.

Have a great hols sweetie, talk to you soon!

kimvee said...

I love the chandalier photo it's so pretty!

Keith said...

Hey Allison. I love the pictures you posted. Very cool. I hope you had a great Easter weekend. Mine was pretty cool. I didn't do anything that special. I did go to my grandmother's for a big Easter dinner. The food was delicious. Take care. Have a great week. Cheers!

Susanna-Cole said...

Hope you have a wonderful time in Cape Cod, sounds like fun! And oh yeah I really like some of Hedi Slimane's photographs, thanks for sharing some, as I hadn't seen many of these yet. :)

And thanks, as always, for your lovely comment, it is always so wonderful to hear from you! <3

xoxo,
S-C

Pop Champagne said...

The Chandelier one is nice! Hope you had a great time at the cape :)

zupu said...

Good attitude carina! I hope you had a lovely Easter. Great pics, I especially like the ones of chandalier and Lindsay, eventhough nowadays I'm not her biggest fan but here she looks very beautiful and chic.

molly said...

im so glad we found each other too :)
i just posted about some vintage stuff im selling and if youre interested in any of it, let me know and i would give you a discount because i adore you :)