Thursday, March 26, 2009

Summer Style.

Maybe it's because I'm still on an OC high (I'm currently at home, where I'm rescuing my remaining seasons of The OC from my mom to bring back to school to watch during my minimal downtime). Or possibly, the fact that the spring weather is finally kicking in, which makes me think about all the clothes I need to buy. Whatever it is, I've been thinking about people who I would definitely consider fashion icons. There are of course the obvious - the Olsens come to mind first, and I honestly think that just about every female (and a good percentage of males) recognize how genius they are at pulling together kick ass outfits.

This post however, I will be focusing on the adorable Rachel Bilson. I think that she is one of the most gorgeous actresses in Hollywood, and in such a natural way. Plus the fact that she is a hipster at heart, is always seen with her adorable dog, and drives a Prius makes me adore her even more.

While her red carpet fashion is always gorgeous, I think it's her street style that sets her apart even more. She always looks impeccable, and extremely well put together, without looking like she spent hours trying to figure out what to wear.

I think some people have a natural ability to dress well, while others will strive for it their entire lives and just be a little off (such as one of my roommates, who paired a black dress that was ill fitting with sheer white leggings - p.s. it was rainy/muddy all day - and a white cardigan to wear to a funeral tonight). Rachel Bilson is definitely the former in this category - she just seems to "have it."

Plus, I am a complete and total Wayfarers whore (my parents think it's crazy to spend $150 on what they call "Risky Business" sunglasses), and Rachel constantly seems to be sporting them.

But don't take my word for it...

Red Carpet Style:
rachel bilson 7

rachel bilson 9

rachel bilson 8

Street Style:

rachel bilson 6

rachel bilson 3

rachel bilson 4

rachel bilson 5

Oh hi, when I walk my dog I am usually in a Juicy tracksuit (I know, I know), not cute jeans and heels.
rachel bilson dog walking

rachel bilson 2

rachel bilson driving

rachel bilson 1

Love, love, love her hair.
rachel bilson braid

rachel bilson and thurmen murmen


What do you think? And who are some of your fave fashionistas?

23 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

RB has such fabulous style! Love me some Sienna Miller and Olsen celebstalking too!

xoxox,
CC

Hanako66 said...

she always looks fabulous...I adore her, she is just the cutest little thing ever!

Nicole Linette said...

Rachel Bilson is soooo cute! I wish I could rock bangs like hers. You can definitely tell who can really dress in Hollywood by what they wear off the Red Carpet. I adore Keira Knightley as well! Umm, there's probably a few more icons but I can't think of any at the moment :P

peace&love,
nicole

dapper kid said...

For me, I definitely pay more attention to what she wears on the street than the red carpet. No matter what she is doing, she always seems so wonderfully put together. I always feel that a celebrity who dresses well when they are "off duty" have faaar more style.

As far as favourite male fashionistas, it has to be Johnny Depp!! I like what Brad Pitt wears, but without his stylist, he can't dress to save his life. Johnny on the other hand refuses to hire stylists, and has that wonderfully unique sense of style, when compared to those standard looks the other guys try to achieve.

Sam said...

She is so amazing! I wish I was that beautiful..

captivateme said...

she is definitely one of my favorites, she's always chic with a slight classic twist. Love it!

Camille said...

She is the Queen of the style, of the fashion, of the elegancy. She has an amazing style.
And your blog is wonderful : )

Gina said...

Love her outfits, they're so casual but really really cute. And her dog is adorable!

Nicole Marie said...

hahaha track suit! that's gucci compared to what i walk my dog in!! and yes she is so freaking adorable! I love all the pics you used of her!

Susanna-Cole said...

Oh, you know, I hardly pay attention to what celebrities are wearing, but I suppose I should, sometimes, as many of these pictures are very inspiring, style wise! Rachel has wonderful taste, and also, I love Wayfarers too! I have a pair in bright red, which were paid for my insurance because I had prescriptions put in the sunglasses, so I can drive in the sun without crashing into things haha. I was kind thankful, for once, that I'm halfway blind, because if not, I would have never been able to afford a pair of Wayfarers on my own! haha

Thanks for your sweet comment dear, it is always, always wonderful to hear from you! <3

xoxo,
S-C

Sweet Nothings said...

hahah we totally did this post last friday! isn't she AMAZING!

Eddie said...

Rachel Bilson is a fine choice Miss Thang. Every photo you posted was better than the next. She has incredible style and ALWAYS looks NEAT. Visually appealing she is (insert Yoda voice here).

Wonderful post my darling.

Besito para siempre

TakeaDoubleTake said...

Rachel Bilson is so lovely.
great post.

yiqin; said...

I love nicole richie :)

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Great pictures. I loved them. I'm a big fan of Rachel. She's very beautiful and stylish. Whether she's dressed more formal or casual, she always looks wonderful. I hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself. I'm back blogging on Monday so I hope you'll check it out. Thanks. Cheers!

Couture Carrie said...

P.S. Did your tag and gave you a shout-out in my post today!

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie said...

Hi sweetie thanks for your awesome comment!
You HAVE to get that sailboat bikini before it sells out; also, VS is having an online deal that you get 40% additional off any clearance item.
A note about the sizing - I got a size Small bottom and it's rather big, more like a Medium. So I guess the bottoms are running large. The top is true to size.

xoxox,
CC

La Couturier said...

I LOVE Rachel Bilson - she's absolutely adorable, so cute, & so chic! My friend actually got to meet her & the whole OC cast a few years back on set - so jealous =P

Bisous,
La C.

molly said...

its interesting because shes cute, beautiful AND sexy at the same time
cooool post :)

zupu said...

She is so cute and is definately one of my favourites. Currently I also adore Leighton Meester (her own and "Blair" style). You are right that Rachel always looks chic without trying too hard!

Robynne said...

I love her style! She is so effortlessly chic. ALL THE TIME!

-Fashion on Edge

Bianca and Isabella said...

rachel. wow.

xx
the crumpet girls
http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

Herschel Muehlbach said...

If you're looking to get a fashionable couple of sun shades that can guard the eye area, look at the Ray Ban 4113 Wayfarer eyewear. As you you could make your select along with receive ones eyewear, get specific treatment of them. The obvious way to find out real Ray Ban 3186 glasses is usually to check out a reliable store to get those to demonstrate quite a few Ray Ban 3183 sunglasses.