Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blogging at Home and School.

When darling blogger Dapper Kid tagged me to share where I blog, and the things around me while I do so, I knew that I could not risk an allergy to cabbage, so I would have to complete this task.
It is so delayed, and the pictures are not of the best quality because I am still awaiting the arrival of my new Nikon! Also, my computer completely crashed and is in the shop, so I am using my roommate's computer (which is why there is no picture of my computer in this - and as an excuse for my blogging delay).

1. Once you are tagged, post a picture of where you blog.
2. Feel free to tell us a little about your space, or explain certain items in more detail. Or not.
3. Link back Daddy Likey's original post.
4. Tag five other bloggers to show their blog spots.
5. If you are tagged and do not participate, you will become allergic to cabbage.

While I am at home, I am rarely in my bedroom, unless I am sleeping. I enjoy being downstairs with my family, so I usually do my blogging in the midst of all the chaos going on downstairs - the dog is barking too loudly, my dad came home from work and just surprised my mom saying that we'll be having clients over in forty minutes for dinner - something is always going on. I usually find myself sitting on the floor, propped up against the couch and wrapped in my favorite warm blanket, while I tune out everything else going on and blog about whatever I am currently interested in. My house has a very open floor plan - there are no walls between the kitchen, family room and dining room, so my mom is always up asking me what I'm blogging about today, or sitting with me catching up on whatever Perez has to say (she has also seen quite a few of your blogs and thinks I have some very talented blogging friends!).

This is where I usually am camped out. I prop myself up with one of my mom's zebra pillows (which I had originally thought were tacky but they are now growing on me).

DSCI1170

This blanket is constantly wrapped around my body, for the softness and because my house is usually an Arctic temperature (I blame all the windows).
DSCI1161

DSCI1172

DSCI1121

I am perpetually hungry. I don't know if it is out of boredom, or what, but whenever I blog, I am always munching on something, or especially drinking something (I prefer La Croix seltzer in lime or a delicious Pellegrino). Luckily, my parents have a mini fridge stocked with just drinks, so I don't have to walk that whole extra twenty feet to the big fridge. That would be much too much of a hassle ;)
DSCI1169

Once I get back to school, it becomes a whole different situation, especially because now instead of having a whole house to roam through and find a good and comfortable spot for blogging, I am confined to a room the size of a closet which I share with someone else (let me tell you, it is a struggle making the closet space work!). My roommate and I have made the best of it - we bunk our beds to allow space for a couch, and we try to keep things relatively neat and organized (she is much more organized and neat than I am though, though she is inspiring me to get better!).

I can never find myself sitting at a desk doing work - I crave comfort when I'm doing things and the thought of sitting in a chair with my long legs confined to a small space gives me the chills (I know, dramatic much?!). My desk has become more of an extra surface for me to put all my crap - scattered with things that I usually am grabbing at the last minute when I run out the door late for class, or work, or to pick up a friend. I really do try and clean it...but things just accumulate so much that I give up. I consider it an organized mess :) I think it's quite obvious that this poor desk has never been studied on, wouldn't you say?
DSCI1174

Being at school definitely does not change the fact that I am always hungry. I try to eat healthy - my mom is BIG into organic, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, so I justify all my snacking to myself :) My school favorites are raw sunflower seeds, Trader Joe's white pomegranate tea, and Annie's organic mac and cheese. Yum!
DSCI1186

As I lay sprawled on the lovely carpet (which is a stunning mix of orange, green, tan and off white), behind me is a huge bulletin board. This once very bland beige board is now covered with an array of things - articles from magazines that A or I thought were especially funny or cute, parking tickets and court summons (whoops), both of our calendars (mine is Tim Walker's), jewelry, notes that we write each other, and my favorite thing - our quotes. She and I say so many stupid/funny things so often that we decided to write them all down. This started out as just one mass quote paper (written in all different color Sharpies, so it's at least pretty to look at) and then stemmed to our stupid quotes, where we write down the dumb things that each other has said. For example, when A thought that a komodo dragon was someone who dressed up in a costume and put on a show, that immediately went up on the stupid quote wall. It sounds very immature of us as I'm writing this, but that's okay.
DSCI1181

My side of the jewelry wall, basically for all my oversized necklaces. The rest are crammed in a jewelry box somewhere, and I do wish I could remember where I put them...
DSCI1180

I'm ashamed that I don't have more books here at school, but quite honestly, my love for reading is squashed by the amount of reading I have to do for all my classes. So I do the best I can :) (I do think that I've been reading In Cold Blood for the past three months though).
DSCI1179

Since A and I are both elementary education majors, we have to do a considerable amount of artwork for our classes. So I now present to you, the museum of A and A.
DSCI1182

I do hope that wasn't terribly boring for you all.

The fantastic people that I would like to tag are:
Amy at My Pointe of View.
Jocelyn at Pieces of Jocelyn.
Molly at Ashcan Rantings.
Amy at AmyNicola-ox.
Eddie at The Maverick Life.
Carrie at Couture Carrie.
Lindsay at La Belle Vie.
Elizabeth at Unbeweavable.
Nicole at Loquaciousness.

Enjoy darlings. And make the most out of your last day of the weekend!


Listening to: The Doberman - Kasabian.

15 comments:

Keith said...

Hey Allison. That was such a fun post to read. I love the pictures. It was neat to get a chance to see some of where you live. I love that furniture in your family home. Very nice. I think the idea of a bulletin board it so cool. You've definitely got a lot of things going with it. I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I hope it gets fixed soon. Here's hoping too that you've had a good weekend. Take care of yourself. Have a great week. Cheers! Keith

•¦Amy¦• said...

That's so neat! I loved reading it. :]

I love the picture of you with a copy of "Bon Appetit". I love that magazine. I'm not a master chef or anything but I jut love reading all the recipies and pretending I'm capable of making them for the family xD

We also try to eat as Organic as possible. Since you also shop at Trader Joe's I have to recomend a salad they have (it's with all the pre-made foods like sushi and sandwhiches). It's a green salad with pomegranite and goat cheese. It's amazing :]

My mom would love that you read Neruda! She absolutely adores his work. In fact a rather large book of his poems was sitting on the kitchen counter last night.

Well, since I have the time on my hands, being sick and all, I think I'll get right to this! It should be a blast. Thanks for tagging me :]

molly said...

ooh thank you, miss thang, for the tag!
i'll do this one soon!
i enjoyed seeing where you blog, i feel like i know you a bit better now :)

amynicola_ox said...

yay this was so cute and fun to read :)
im definitely gonna do this one when i get back from vacation!!
loove you

Tom Cupples said...

Hi Allison - lost your blog for quite a few weeks. I thought you had given up. I was getting your blog title but it was being written by a Russian girl - all very strange. Good to have you back. I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday on 3rd Feb but there were no more posts so I couldn't leave a comment so a belated Happy Birthday from the South of France.

Couture Carrie said...

oooooh fun tag! Thanks for thinking of me, darling! I will have to clean up my work space so it is more photogenic! Love your school pics - your dorm totally looks homey and fabulous!

xoxox,
CC

Hanako66 said...

cool post...thanks for sharing!

Ruggy13 said...

aww that was a cute post!!

diane said...

Your header is one of the best I've seen. Nice digs, love the wall of jewelry. xo

captivateme said...

I love this post--don't be silly, not at all boring!!! I want a mini fridge now with all my favorite drinks :-)

Kicking couture said...

Hey sweetie

such a fun tag post! Love your families furniture!

Shame about the computer although yay about a new nikon! That bulletin board is frigging awesome, and neat way to hang up your jewellery!

So so sorry i havent said hi much or emailed you lately, been uber busy! even the poor old blogs been neglected!

Soph
xx

Nai said...

"Black's speech was beautiful (he won best original screenplay for writing Milk), and made me want to get out and crusade for gay rights like my boy Harvey Milk" I felt exactly the same. I din't know that scriptwriter but her words were amazing.



Bac & Cheese, yummy! :D
Ur blog is damn cool ^^

dapper kid said...

Oooh I love your sofas, and that blanket lining looks wonderful! I wish we had an open planned downstairs area, but Edwardian houses are all about defined and definite spaces. And I love, love, love sunflower seeds!! Haha I always get my mother buy me a bag from the health store. Awww and the children's artwork on your door, that is too cute :) My parents run a few nurseries, so my mother always brings home art that the kids drew for her.

Crazy Eddie said...

Hey Allison love. Thanx for the tag my luscious one, I'll get on that as soon as possible.

The pics you provided allowed me to take a step into the life of Ms. Thang and I'm happy I was invited. Your house looks rather large (as I type this in my humble studio in Brooklyn) and you look quite comfortable.

Your school abode looks rather charming also. Love how you have your side of the jewelry. LOL.

Besos my luscious...

BTW, if you want to properly see my site, you must use the FIREFOX browser. Internet Explorer sux ass. Not sure what you use, but FIREFOX allows you to see my blog the way it's supposed to be. Download FIREFOX - it takes 2 minutes and you won't regret it.

Herschel Muehlbach said...

If you are searching to get a stylish two of sun glasses that should preserve your vision, attempt a ray ban rb4075 Wayfarer shades. While you build your pay for plus acquire the eyewear, take extraordinary care advisors. The best way to ascertain real Ray Ban 3320 sunglasses will be to head over to a respected retail shop and acquire the crooks to demonstrate quite a few Ray Ban 4054 sun shades.