Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tim Walker.

I am in love with photography. It's a pretty recent obsession, probably only within the last two or three years, or so. My dad has always been a genius and carefully documents every aspect of life with his trusty Nikon camera. I never fully appreciated the beauty of my dad's photography until a few years ago, but since then, I have become fascinated by all aspects of photography. I highly appreciate all aspects - from Ansel Adams's stunning nature photography to various fashion photographers, and everything in between.

In the sense of fashion photography, I truly believe that Tim Walker (who did the photography which is now my new banner!) is one of my number one favorites. Tim Walker is absolutely unbelievable. I have been obsessed with his whimsy style of photography, for a few years now, and keep getting blown away every time I see new work of his. My parents, knowing my obsession, gifted me with his book Tim Walker Pictures for Christmas this past year, and I treasure looking through all his photographs and gaining inspiration through them (I also have his fantastic calendar).

Tim Walker, who is based out of London has done a lot of work I'm sure a lot of you would recognize - he has appeared countless times in Vanity Fair, W, and British and Italian Vogue. To put it simply, I really think the man is a complete and total genius.
So much of his work seems to draw from fairy tales, his use of color and texture is beautiful, and his eye for design and concept is just brilliant. Any photographer that uses a sense of sarcasm, fantasy, magic, and surrealism is good in my book :)


259596441_be5610cc07

walker2

opt-flowers-by-tim-walker

2741098984_9bbc95d293

2741097468_0d624f4825

This is one of my favorites:
2740264323_1b81979e1c

VoguecoverJul05_XL_320x421

tw11

iv12

TimWalker_LilyCole_1

873211081_b6e66bf4f9_o


Love it or hate it?
All images copyrighted Tim Walker.

You can check out more of Walker's portfolio here.

20 comments:

kimvee said...

I love Tim Walker's photos, I love how he brings fairy tales & fantasy come to life in his photos :) By the way, I nominated your blog as one of the top 10 fabulous blogs in my recent blog entry.

~ kimvee

Enep said...

absolutely love it. those pictures really amaze me. lol.


xo

Lindsay said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love all of them!

Keith said...

I love looking at beautiful pictures. I've always wanted to learn more about photography and certain photographers in particular. Thanks for really introducing me to Tim Walker. I love these photos that you posted up here. One of my favorites is the guy with the hunting dogs. Great post!

Hanako66 said...

those are all so amazing!!

Bella said...

These are out of this world stunning!
I'm so glad you posted this... his work is just incredibly magical!

xxx

molly said...

oh my god! amazing...i had to go research tim walker after reading this...thank you for introducing me to him :)
also, i tagged you woman!

Jocelyn said...

wow, those are all amazing, I love that 2nd one!

•¦Amy¦• said...

I love them all!

I'm a huge photography fan, and love taking pictures myself. It would be amazing to be able to take photos like that someday!!!

Couture Carrie said...

He is a total genius. Loves! Your favorite is mine too - I adore that series!

xoxox,
CC

Nicole Linette said...

Lily Cole! He captured her huge hair gracefully :) I definitely love his photographs.

peace&love, nicole.

xs said...

absolutely beautiful. the first two are my favs, but the last one made me smile.

Elizabeth Marie said...

LOVE IT.
The Vogue Cover is amazing! xoxo

yiqin; said...

I adore most of his concepts & his photos are always so brilliant.

dapper kid said...

Tim Walker is seriously my favourite fashion photographer, I remember buying a book with his photos in when I was really young - it blew me away :)

captivateme said...

I've been a fan of his work and was so happy to see so many gorgeous photos of his i haven't seen yet--thanks for posting--just beautiful!

this wheel's on fire said...

lovelovelove it!

amynicola_ox said...

Hey Girl,
I absolutely adore the new banner and all these Tim Walker photographs. I've always loved that picture with the staircase and gorgeous flowing dress, but you've definitely opened me up to more of his amazing work - I tookthe liberty of going onto his website - I was amazed.

Thanks for all the reccommendatiosn for nyc too my love, I'm definitely going to check out the Magnolia Bakery and the other things you said. As for Slumdog Millionaire saw it, and LOVEDDD it! It was one of the best movies I have sene in a while that had substance. Now I see why everyone's been making a big deal over it! Next up..Gran Torino.

So glad we got into contact, hope all is well.`xoxo

SOS! said...

i heart tim walker. did you see his ronald dal interpretation in uk vogues dec issue? amazing..

xx-LJ from SOS!

Sweet Nothings said...

oh, I love the one with the pups!!!