Thursday, February 12, 2009

Now We Sip Champagne When We Thirsty

Okay, I promise this is the last of the birthday posts! And this will be a relatively short one :)

For my celebration with my college friends, we all decided to go to one of my favorite, less expensive restaurants (we are college kids after all!), PF Chang's. Honestly, if you haven't been there, I would recommend it HIGHLY. It's a really fun family-style Asian restaurant, where you order a ton of food and share it all (the chicken lettuce wraps are my favorite for an appetizer - make sure you get those!).

So we all dressed up, J gave me a happy birthday balloon (he had been trying to hide behind his back awkwardly in the parking lot), and hopped into every one's cars (A told me he would drive my car back to school after dinner...what a great friend!). When we arrived eleven minutes late (whoops), and had to wait an extra twenty minutes for the table for fourteen to get ready.

I sat flanked by J and R, and we began ordering a ton of appetizers (chicken lettuce wraps and ahi tuna, thank you very much), and R, D, and I ordered drinks since we are the only 21 year olds. I got this fantastic organic margarita, and R and D both got Asian pear mojitos.

Let me tell you something - that was the STRONGEST margarita I have ever had in my life! I think about 8 people tried it, and all agreed with me. I swear, if I had drank the whole thing I would have been unbelievably wasted.

Anyway, we ordered NINE entrees (for 10 out of the 14 people which is wayy too much), and we all ate until we felt sick. After that, my friends decided I hadn't quite gotten fat enough, so they ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate.

Okay, so for all the P.F. Chang's virgins, the Great Wall of Chocolate is a six-layer chocolate cake sitting on a puddle of raspberry syrup served with fresh blueberries and raspberries. It can easily be shared with 7 people :) It is so unbelievably delicious!

Me and R with my unbelievably potent margarita.
Drinks

J and I (I accidentally left my balloon in the car, oops)
jand moi

The Great Wall of Chocolate (and me):
Great Wall of Chocolate

The girls:
girls

Group shot (minus 3):
group shot

Me and L (and my balloon):
me and l


Okay, so sorry for all the birthday-ing! I promise this was the last one (til next year!). Oh, and I'm sorry I haven't been as good as commenting you all - I can't wait to catch up on all of your fabulous blogs :)
You're the best, dears. ♥


Oh, P.S. I'm sure most of you have seen this, but if you haven't, I am OBSESSED with this video, it absolutely cracks me up:

Have any of you seen it?

22 comments:

amynicola_ox said...

i just love you :)
im so glad i found your blog and thanks for the compliments - you are the sweetest. you look so gorgeous in all these pics and i love your blue dress! chicken lettuce wraps i definitely want to try them, i saw a recipe for them in cosmo, but i want to go to the authentic pf changs! so i havent watched any of the movies yet because ive been bogged down with major assignments and its midterm week at my uni, but i promise ill get to it - i did see he's just not that into you though, and it was sooo good! hope all is well`xo

La Couturier said...

you look so good in that color!

xoxo,
La C.

Lindsay said...

ohh love the blue dress! and that chocolate cake looks delish! I can't believe I've never been there!

this wheel's on fire said...

hey happy birthday to you too!! xo

Kicking couture said...

omg i love love that david'd dentist video!! its freaking hilarious " is this gonna be forever" hahah poor kid.


wow that chocolate cake looks soo yummy!!

MJ. said...

Cuttie!!
I'm so glad u had so much fun!!
Oh and that cake and cocktails look...mmmmm... need some partying in my life!!!!!!:P
u looked so cute on ur blue dress!!

XX

Amau said...

Cool ton blog :)

Keith said...

Don't feel like you've got to apologize about all the birthday blog posts. I've enjoyed them all. You only turn 21 once so I don't blame you for posting about all the ways you celebrated it. It sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful time. The food there sounds delicious. I love any kind of Asian food. That drink definitely seems like it was potent. Great pictures you posted. Have a great weekend.

Terence Sambo said...

wow i love ur blog header pic..amazing n ur style is writing is awesome too, very personal :oD

Do drop by my blog n show some love got an interview u'll not wanna miss :o)

Couture Carrie said...

That cake looks scrumptious! And I love your dress-so cute!

xoxox,
CC

yiqin; said...

I love such happy photos :D

Trisch said...

That colour looks SO good on you! and I love the style of the dress. I hadn't seen that clip before, that kid is on such a trip haha.

Happy Birthday!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Chicken lettuce wraps and the great wall of chocolate pretty much make my life complete. I love that place!

And I love your dress!!

xoxo
Liz

Elizabeth Marie said...

Thank you!! xoxo

Check my blog...little something for you!!

Ashley said...

I am a fan of 'great wall of chocolate'! And your lovely blue dress.

•¦Amy¦• said...

I'm glad you got to celebrate again! I always try to have lots of mini-parties on my birthday. It extends the celebration!!!

Oh. I L-O-V-E Changs...I order the lettuce wraps every time, and usualy eat them as my entree. I've never had desert there before though, and the Great Wall Of Chocolate looks amazing! Mmm...next trip!

Pietro said...

you've beautiful clothes and they are beautiful photos:)

LiLu said...

Oh great... now I want birthday cake! That looked deeee-vine... Happy Birthday!

dapper kid said...

Looove the dress and that cake looks soo yummy!!

La Couturier said...

happy valentine's day, darling!!

xoxo,
La C.

Hannah is Narnia's Closet said...

so cute! it looks like you had a great birthday - and that cake is HUUGE

please check out my blog
http://innarniascloset.blogspot.com/

thanks
xxxx

Terence Sambo said...

Thanx for the love darling :o) hoep to see u soon, i post daily :o)

Happy valentines day :oD