Saturday, February 7, 2009

Indian Summer.

I would like to thank Slumdog Millionaire for making me so absolutely fascinated with all aspects of Indian culture. Since seeing the movie, I have gotten a ton of nonfiction books from the library about it and am just pouring through them.
I'm also debating (not just because of seeing the movie, honestly) about taking a year off after graduating next May and working in India. There is a fabulous organization my friend told me about where people can work with women and children who have been forced into prostitution in places like India and Thailand.

Anyway, I say all this to bring attention to the fact that my love of India has been fueled by scouring through pages of fashion magazines and noticing so many of the designers drawing inspiration from Indian and Middle Eastern fashion. The runways were full of vibrant colors, sari-inspired dresses, and fabulous harem pants.

Tony Cohen:
Tony Cohen Spring-Summer 2009 NY 09/08/08

Reem Acra:
Reem Acra

Paul Smith Women:
Paul Smith Women

Ralph Lauren:
Ralph Lauren

Matthew Williamson:
Matthew Williamson

Marc Jacobs:
marc jacobs

Lacoste:
Lacoste

Gucci (I LOVE the brilliant blue color!):
Gucci

Etro:
Etro

Diane von Furtstenberg:
Diane von Furstenberg

Chloé:
Chloé

3.1 Phillip Lim:
3.1 Phillip Lim


Love it or hate it?

Have a fantastic duration of your weekend, everyone! xo


All images from Style.com

12 comments:

La Couturier said...

that first dress is too amazing for words!!

xoxo,
La C.

ps: the answer to the quiz is up on that post!

closeup said...

truly amazing!

erikas said...

Amazing post! The Slumdog millionaire was a great movie.Its good that these kinds of movies are also shown to broader audience and encourage people to find out more of sad issues that are reality for lot of people. The dresses are amazing too:) Really good post

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Those are some amazing clothes. I like them all. I've been fascinated by India and the Middle East for a number of years. I love so many aspects of those cultures, such as the food, music and so forth. My interest in India has grown even more over the last few years because my sister works mostly with Indians. She's helped introduce me to a lot of things neither of us would have probably discovered otherwise.

Kicking couture said...

that gucci dress is to die for! everything about its amazing.

Oh to have the money to have that! wouldnt it look fabulous on serena from gg

Gledwood said...

Hi I dropped in at random via a friend of a friend about 6 blogs removed.... just wanted to say you got a beautiful site here, and that Porkie terrier riding in the bike-basket~~~ sublime!

kaitlyn said...

the gucci photo/dress is STUNNING. love your blog!


-kaitlyn
http://drrtylaundry.blogspot.com

TheMinx said...

I love how movies can be so influential to people in so many ways. The looks you've chosen are spectacular.

yiqin; said...

I can never hate 3.1 philip lim clothes. I think they are all gorgeous!

Couture Carrie said...

Love the Reem Acra, Matthew Williamson and Gucci! Fab post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Savvy Mode SG said...

i can totally see myself wearing lacoste in white during spring/summer. it's one of my favorite casual brands.

molly said...

i loove ethnic clothes, and electric blue is my favourite colour - you taste is phenomenal
and i must follow your blog as well! i love it