Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fossil Love.

Since I am now a college student (I say this as if it's something new from the past 2 1/2 years), I unfortunately have not been able to buy all the things that I would like for myself. I've had to learn terrible words like "budget" and "responsibility" and have learned that at times I have to make some tough decisions about when and how I spend my money.

I must say, I'm pretty impressed with how I've been doing since freshman year of school. When I came to college as a freshman, I didn't fully understand that while my parents would still pay for the gas in my car (which is very fortunate for moi), and for my cell phone bill, they would not be slipping a few hundred dollars into my account when I got in a jam over buying a new pair of shoes, and was left with little to no money. They wanted to teach me independence, and the importance of knowing that you can't always buy whatever you want (and everything I wanted at that time were horrible Juicy Couture tracksuits - no judgment please, I was young and misinformed).

I was determined not to let my terrible financial situation stop me from still being fashionable. That was when my darling roommate (who would later become my best friend) R went to the mall with me and introduced me to Fossil.

Now I had heard of Fossil before, I think I got my first watch from Fossil in 5th grade actually, but that was all I knew about them. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that the watch company also had a fabulous selection of men and women's clothes, bags, and jewelry - with the majority being under $100 (!!!). It was then that I did realize more fully that I didn't have to substitute style for budget - I could have them both quite easily.

Some of my favorite dresses have come from Fossil, and I get more compliments on a few of them than I do on some of the more expensive items in my wardrobe - it's always kind of ironic the way that works.

All Fossil clothing is vintage inspired - all new takes on classic looks, which I love. I also love that it's not a hugely well-known store, so chances are that while walking around campus, I won't see another girl wearing the same cardigan as I am.

My brother is also a huge fan of Fossil's button downs... and since he is the king of losing clothing, it's nice that they're not unbelievably expensive for when he forgets one at some frat party :)

Abalone pendant necklace, $130.
Photobucket

Nora dress, $78 (!).
Photobucket

Lissa jacket, $78.
Photobucket

Lilly cardigan, $58 (and it comes in a TON of colors!).
Photobucket

Julia top, $58.
Photobucket

Forest t-shirt, $24.
Photobucket

Daphne crew neck cardi, $64.
Photobucket

Heart enamel bangles, $42.
Photobucket

Men's Everett button down, $48.
Photobucket

Men's Adrian cardi, $68 (bought this for little brother).
Photobucket

Men's Morris shirt, $38.
Photobucket

Thoughts?
What are some of your favorite cheaper stores, where you can still find fabulous clothes?

All images from Fossil.com


Oh, I also changed my URL to: allisonladolcevita.blogspot.com
When I did that, I had to go through and totally re-do my favorite blogs list, so if I forgot any of you, or you want to be added, definitely let me know :)

12 comments:

xs said...

i like the men's cardi. some good places i frequent are asos.com and plain ole vintage stores.

Susanna-Cole said...

Oh I know what you mean about budgeting and all, I'm learning that as well! Though you're lucky your parents pay for the gas in your car, hm, maybe I can convince my parents to do that too! :P My parents do pay for my cell phone bill, but only because they know if they didn't, I wouldn't bother (I hate cell phones anyhow), and then they'd never be able to call and check in on me (and see what trouble I've been getting into! :P)

Anyway that forest t-shirt is so cute! <3

And thanks for your sweet comment! <3

xoxo,
S-C

Couture Carrie said...

Wow, that first necklace is absolutely stunning!

xoxox,
CC

Bella said...

Oh the dress, both cardigans, and the men's button-down... PERFECT!

xxx

closeup said...

love the necklace!! it's gorgeous!!

Sarah said...

hey sweetie I tagged you!

molly said...

ooh awesome, i love mens clothing!
and i understand the stephanie love, she seems sweet - but jillian wins for me!

Susanna-Cole said...

Hey again, thanks for letting me know about the link change, I updated your link in my blog roll just now! :)

xoxo,
S-C

amynicola_ox said...

I came across your blog through linking and am IN LOVE with it - I can totally relate to almost everyting you're saying, plus you've just made me a huge fossil fan - that dress is to die for. I'm a freshman at university and I know what it's like having a lack of money for clothes, although my parents do pay for the same things asyours - it really putsthings into perspective! Also ah my roommate and i have major issues, so I know how you feel!! Would you be interested in trading links?

Sam said...

That Nora dress is such a beauty!

Savvy Mode SG said...

cute. i am very fortuntate my parents paid for everything, including credit card bills during college. i didn't have to become responsible until graduation which was a big wake up call.

Jocelyn said...

i'm in love with that red cardigan outfit!