Monday, February 16, 2009

The Fashion Melting Pot - DVF.

I am absolutely gutted that due to my stupid education (just kidding), I have missed/will be missing Fashion Week in NYC (especially since my aunt scored some fantastic tickets, and got to meet Chace Crawford!).
I was only able to quench my fashion thirst by looking at photos of the ready to wear collections of Victoria Beckham, Diane von Furstenberg, Tuleh, Reem Acra, and Jeremy Laing, via style.com, and know that there are so many more fantastic collections to come.

Diane von Furstenberg's "Nomad" collection was absolutely beautiful. There was such an array of color, textue, pattern and style - a fashion melting pot of fabrics and trends. I was thrilled to see her collection of leggings (especially the leather ones - I'm glad they're here to stay for at least another season!), and big comfy caridgans, which are a few of my favorite fashion trends. I also really enjoyed the diversity of the models - I think that a huge percentage of nationalities/looks were represented in this show which was awesome to see!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


What did you all think of the collection?

P.S. OMG, I'm watching The Bachelor right now...whaaat is going on?! (I won't go into specifics because I know you all might not have watched yet...and by you all I mean the darling Molly and Jessica).

And congrats to the lovely Jessica on her ENGAGEMENT! Yayy.


All images via style.com

13 comments:

amynicola_ox said...

AHH are you kidding me this collection is to die for - I wish I was there for fashion week (one day!) - I didn't know you were a New Yorker!! I'll be in the city next month for a few days (any ideas on good restaurants, and places to shop/go other than the obvious ones!) I think we're also going to the woodbury premium outlets (if you've been how are they)!

Anyway girl, we have so much in common it's freaking ridiculous - every time you comment onmy blog I'm like I love her even more!! Guess who's gonna watch Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow - I can't wait!!
have a good week :)

yiqin; said...

I love the crazy headpieces! :D

Keith said...

I'm so sorry that you didn't get a chance to go to the Big Apple for Fashion Week. That's terrible. I would have loved to have gone myself. I've always thought it was be an exciting and amazing thing to see. I love the pictures from
Diane von Furstenberg that you posted. Not sure which is my favorite. Hope you're having a good week though. Cheers!

Savvy Mode SG said...

I can always find something super cute and stylish at DVF. maybe that is why my wallet is not safe uh.... : )

•¦Amy¦• said...

Oooh I'm loving that collection! Especially the shoes...wow.

I'd love to go to fashion week! I'm sorry you missed it :[

molly said...

i too am distraught regarding the bachelor!!!! how terrible...and also, im really stoked to see what dramz goes down with deanna!

and wowwww finally a fashion line i like! thanks for posting

Couture Carrie said...

Excellent review and good call on the international representation! This was a fun collection - especially loved the whimsical hats and pattern combos (DVF always does that so well!).

La Couturier said...

I love it! Not exactly my style, per say, but still, I loved it! =]

xoxo,
La C.

Yvonne said...

oh my gosh. ur banner is so awesome. do u remember where u found it? it reminds me of gulliver's travels.

MJ. said...

I've fallen in love with the whole collection! But specially the 3rd outfit starting from the bottom... That could be something I would so wear...

And what about the bachelor!!?? I watched it last year! (yeah, love British guys so I had to watch the "London Calling" one...:P)

XX

dapper kid said...

The collection was absolutely stunning, such a wonderful mix of patterns and textures!! Loved it :)

Nicole Linette said...

DV always sets a high standard for fashion, this season no exception :D I lovvved her German wartime-era collection ... what was that, last season? I have no idea but thanks for posting some of the highlights from the show!

I haven't been around in a while, and I love what you've done with the blog! The banner, the playlist, and your last post was adorable! I've watched "Cruel Intentions" maybe once and it totally wigged me out because of the underlying incest (even though they aren't technically related haha), though now I would like to watch it again.

Havea great week! peace&love,
nicole.

francie said...

thanks so much for those comments on my blog !
Its nice to know that people care <3 :)
ps. I loove you blog.