Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bored in Jersey.

First of all, thank you all so, so much for your sweet words and birthday wishes :) I really, really appreciate it.
I will definitely do a more detailed birthday post soon, but my birthday celebrations aren't going to be over until Sunday, so it probably won't be until then!

For the meantime, the fabulous Sarah tagged me in this cute survey thing, and since I'm currently home and kind of bored since the big Jersey birthday plans don't start until tomorrow night, so I figured now is as good a time as any!

THE RULES:
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people .

Make a list of things you can see without getting up:
Cooper, leather chair, couch (that I'm on), TV, pictures, Wii, mom, tables, mirror, beam thing, desk, chairs

Favorite football team:
None. I didn't even know the Super Bowl was happening until the day of.

What are you wearing now?:
Joe's socialite kicker jeans, an Urban flannel button down and moccassins.

What color is your bedroom?:
Light, light yellow and sage green.


What is the last thing you read/are currently reading?
In between textbooks for school, I'm reading The Bell Jar. I love it!

Do you nap a lot?:
Ugh, I used to... freshman year I would honest to God take 3-4 hour naps EVERY day and still get to bed at a reasonable hour...now if I nap at ALL I can't sleep til super late. Now I just function with RedBull!

Who is the last person you hugged?:
L today when she left my room!

What's your current obsession/addiction?:
Knitting (I know, I know, am I 80?), acrylic painting, running! (I'm training for the marathon :) )

What was the last thing you said aloud?
"Don't worry, I won't get drunk, I'm very responsible."
To my mother, who is highly concerned about my going out with my "crazy Jersey meathead friends" tomorrow night. Direct quote.

What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Facebook, blog, email, Perez Hilton!, weather.com

What was the last thing you bought?
A mango martini (amazing) and honey barbeque boneless wings from Applebees with real money.
3 sugar free Red Bull and a caramel macchiato with the money on my school ID.

What are you listening to right now?
The Wombats.
Nope, it just switched to MGMT!

What is something you wish you could do more?
Manage my time (!), volunteer at the children's hospital since I haven't been in 2 1/2 weeks :(, snowboard, paint.

If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would want to freeze time. Awkward situations, avoided!

What is your favorite weather, and why?
Ahh, that's so tough! I'm a huge fan of spring, when everything is just starting to get warm, everything is blooming - it's my favorite running weather!
But I am partial to lounging around the pool on hot summer days (which will be even better now since I can have a nice margarita in hand while in the pool!) - I'm a warm weather fanatic :)

What time do you usually get up?
M, W, F either 11 or 12ish...depends on what time I get to sleep the night before (same with weekends).
T, Thursday - Either 9:30 or 9:45 so I have plenty of time to shower/get ready before class at 11:30. It takes me a bit to get going.

What is your most challenging goal right now?:
Eating healthier, dragging my ass to the gym more often, managing my time without getting distracted (!), standing up for myself more!

Say something to the person who tagged you:
You are too sweet - thank you for tagging me :)

If you could have a house - totally paid for, fully furnished - anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
Ah, this is tough. Maybe Osaka, Japan. I love, love, love anything Japanese.
Or Miami in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove...preferably something on the water.

Favorite vacation spot?
Miami! Or San Francisco.

What is your favorite children's book?
James and the Giant Peach, or pretty much anything by Roald Dahl.

Name one thing you can't resist no matter how bad it is for you:
Ice cream... I am an ice cream fiend. And chicken fried rice, yummm.

If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be?
Bob Dylan, Sharon Tate, Victoria Beckham, Frank Sinatra, Pablo Neruda, JFK Jr.

Have you ever met anyone famous? If so, who?
Michael Jordan (he was at a table next to us at dinner!), this NFL guy (I forget his name and who he played for), Michael Cera, Paul Dano (from Little Miss Sunshine and There Will Be Blood).

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
Teaching...I really am excited about my career choice.
I think if I could do it over, and couldn't teach, I would get a degree in art history, and work for a gallery.

Who is your hero?
Barack Obama.

I'm supposed to tag 8 people, but I love hearing what all of you have to say with all these :)

*~*

Oh, and Jocelyn and Amy tagged me like forever ago in trying to go into the sixth album in My Pictures, and post the sixth picture...so I'm finally getting around to it now...

Picture 005

This is me and A, one night in October I think at Mike's house...I think we had all just hung out and smoked hookah. Nothing too, too exciting. And, even though he looks pissed, I promise that A actually does like me...at least to my knowledge :)


Anyway, thanks again all of you for your sweet birthday wishes...you're all so fantastic ♥

12 comments:

MJ. said...

I want ur hair!!!(not so sure that color would look good on me though...:P)
And so interesting to know more things about u!!

XX

Keith said...

Hey Allison. Great blog post. It was interesting to learn more about you. Since I've only recently found your blog, this was a neat way to learn about some of your favorites. I like your answers. I do hope you have a great weekend celebrating your birthday. You only turn 21 once so you might as well celebrate it as much as you can. Enjoy yourself. Take care. Have a great weekend. Cheers!

Couture Carrie said...

Love MGMT and the Bell Jar :)

Fun post and pic!

xoxox,
CC

Savvy Mode SG said...

hope you had a wonderful b-day and great post. i want to take up knitting but can't tie myself down to do so yet. : )

•¦Amy¦• said...

Lol. I took up knitting years ago, but never find the time to do it. I haven't finished my first scarf! Honest, it's been sitting in my room slowly getting longer since 2005! I knit like once a year...it's sad.

Sarah said...

aww! I loved your answers! And I loved the Bell Jar, I actually just read for the first time about a year ago.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! xoxo

dapper kid said...

I love knitting, lol I can sit for hours watching television and knitting. And yay for running, I've only run the London Marathon once, but I plan to do it again. Oh and Roald Dahl rules!!!

molly said...

love the picture, youre so pretty!
and fun survey, i liked learning more about you
yeahhh team jillian unite!

♥ fashion chalet said...

I spy a cute couple (aww) and this was a fun post, by the way. Aggh, job hunting sucks and I want to just relaxxxx. ack. =[

xxx

Ashley said...

The Bell Jar is my favourite, and happy belated bday!

closeup said...

hey cutie,
hit you with an award :)
what you have to do is: mention and link to the person who tagged you and also tag 5 others and link to their blogs as well.(more informations on our blog)

La Couturier said...

jersey is indeed boring =(

i loved learning more about you!

xoxo,
La C.