Friday, January 30, 2009

Then and Now: Katie Holmes.

My immune system is pretty much shot - this terrible stomach bug went around campus, and of course, I caught it, and had a rough twelve hours.
Since the beds in our dorm are bunked for extra space, and I'm on the top bunk, I decided to man the couch and watch numerous hours of Dawson's Creek to occupy my time. Dawson's Creek has the ability to take me back to when I was younger - when I wasn't allowed to watch Dawson's Creek because my mom heard terrible things about it (the rule was barely enforced because I had a TV in my room from second grade on). I remember always wanting to talk like they did - they sounded way too adult for sophomores in high school, seriously they had the most intense vocabulary of anyone I have ever encountered. I also thought it was so cool that Dawson had a ladder to his room that Joey could just climb up and hang out with him without ever using a front door.
While I was watching, I could not get over the transformation Katie Holmes has undergone from her days on Creek, to now, with her Broadway career and marriage to Tom Cruise. She was always a gorgeous girl, but her transformation from a girl next door to an unbelievably sophisticated woman just blew my mind.

katie-holmes-posters
DawsonsCreek2
f-Katie-Holmes-1-2464
04-katie-holmes-chris-klein-400a051507
katie-holmes
katie-holmes-picture-3
katie-holmes-wedding-dress
katie_holmes2_300x400
KATIE-HOLMES-LIONS-FOR-LAMBS-HAI-1
katie_holmes300
katie-holmes-hairstyle4
Katie-Holmes-Tom-Cruise2
KatieHolmes1_468x690


I know her face looks pretty much the same, but doesn't it almost look like it could be just a completely different person?!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone



All images from Google Images.



14 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

Aghh, sorry about being sick! At least you had your favorite show to keep you occupied. I have never watched Dawson's Creek, but Katie Holmes I definitely recognize! As far as I know, she hasn't made any blunderous embarassments while growing up under the spotlight, and she has become so beautiful and chic. NOW, Tom Cruise on the other hand.. haha :P

Get better soon!
peace&love, nicole.

•¦Amy¦• said...

Sorry you're so sick! No fun...I get sick super easy. Is that how it is for you?

I've always seen Katie as one of the prettiest women in hollywood. It's a very sweet pretty <3

The only thing I can hold agianst her is marrying Tom Cruise...he scares me. lol.

closeup said...

She's very beautiful but I agree: she seems to be a totally different person now!! I don't really know if that's positive or negative..hmm

and Tom Cruise scares me too ;)

WHERE THE WILD ROSES ARE said...

ahh shes grown so much! her style is so much more mature now especially ger style!

stellawantstodie said...

she was gorgeous, since "dawson creek" and now too...but I think these days is too thin...love her hair cut!

:)

keira antoia rose said...

She is such a pretty person. This sounds corny, but she has such an inner beauty and literally like a glow to her face. I hope you feel better!

See my situation with "Milk" was the opposite. My parents didn't want to see it (they are very close minded), but my friends really want too! I'm the first one of my group to see it though.

xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com

Susanna-Cole said...

Aw sorry to hear you're sick, I really hope you feel better soon dear! <3

And I kind of liked Katie "then" better than "now", to be honest. :)

xoxo,
S-C

dapper kid said...

Yikes, hope you're feeling better dear!! I used to love Dawson's Creek, I haven't seen an eppie in sooo long, thanks for the reminder lol. She has totally changed over the years, quite remarkable to see.

this wheel's on fire said...

Sorry you're sick! But Dawson's Creek sounds like a good remedy :)
Damn I love that show! Brings me back...

♥ fashion chalet said...

She is so pretty. I always liked her on Dawson's Creek haha. But she's grown into such a beautiful lady, no? Thanks for the wondrous comment. :]

xxxx

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

she's definitely transformed
i did like her with chris klein, the relationship seemed more genuine.
I like her style now, but it probably helps that she had more money in the bank.

yiqin; said...

Katie def changed a lot since becoming Mrs Cruise!!!

Keith said...

I was never much of a fan of Dawson's Creek. I never thought that much about Katie Holmes either. She has definitely blown me away the last few years. She has really blossomed. She is a very beautiful and fashionable woman.

Sweet Nothings said...

its so crazy to look at the evolution! I loved dawsons creek.

its amazing how the two women of this show ended up with MOVIE STARS. not just other actors, but movie stars.

but i LOVE katie