Thursday, January 22, 2009

Passing Geometry.

Nothing too exciting is going on in my life right now, so I began looking for inspiration on Style.com for something to write about!
I always look at the current trends, to see what I like/dislike and what I think I can actually pull off! While looking today, I became especially fascinated with all the geometric prints that the designers are putting down the runway. The style is striking, bold, and unexpected. Bigger is better!
I absolutely appreciate the hard work and tailoring that had to go into making these pieces. The design is fantastic, and each designer added a little something to call it their own. So love it, hate it, these were some of my favorite designs. This is not fashion for the faint of heart :)

Comme des Garçons:
Photobucket

Dolce & Gabbana:
Photobucket

Giambattista Valli:
Photobucket

Salvatore Ferragamo:
Photobucket

Andy & Debb:
Photobucket

Christian Lacroix:
Photobucket

Marchesa:
Photobucket

Oscar de la Renta:
Photobucket

Stella McCartney:
Photobucket

Alexander McQueen:
Photobucket

Erdem:
Photobucket

So do you love it, or hate it? And, do you have any favorites?

P.S. Can you believe it's already been 1 year since Heath Ledger died? :(


All images from Style.com

15 comments:

•¦Amy¦• said...

oh gosh. I couldn't pick a favorite if you gave me an hour to do so. they're all wonderful.

haha how funny, I always get the sun-dried tomato broccoli fusili also. It's just my favorite thing on their menu. :]

I know! It's very hard to believe...it was so sad. The acting community lost such a great actor. He knew his stuff!

Mrs. Ruby said...

Hmmm. Maybe I am just "faint at heart". :)
These dresses are amazing...but only could be worn on the runway. Can you imagine wearing them to a party or a wedding? Haha.

Lindsay said...

ohh I love them all..especially Ferragamo!

T and T said...

I love these, even though they're exaggerating and will probably never find their way off the runway. I love the entire Mcqueen collection, the silhouettes are simply amazing. And the Calvin Klein SS09 structured dresses are pretty incredible too, they're sculpted yet feminine and soft.
You have a great blog here, would you like to exchange links?
http://mode-ulation.blogspot.com

MJ. said...

I want to have an excuse or ocassion to wear something like those dresses!! i absolutely love them!!!!!

XX

dapper kid said...

CdG, Marchesa and Oscar de la Renta look postively stunning!!!

♥ fashion chalet said...

Oh, thank you<3

I enjoy writing them so =] I may do more?? we will see. ;]

xxx

Savvy Mode SG said...

time just fly uh... i like these pieces in theory but don't know if they are all that practical.

Couture Carrie said...

Love all the strange shapes you chose, esp. D&G and Giambattista Valli! Fab post!

xoxox,
CC

yiqin; said...

I know. I am glad he got nom for an oscar though :) My fave is the d&G one! The shape is fabulous

LJ said...

i love the picks here.. that marchesa dress i'm so in love with....
marchesa was beautiful i thought. I'm a big fan of structure and architecture in clothes! so.. i'm easily pleased by the coming collections..

xx-LJ from SOS!

Notion said...

i would buy that Salvatore Ferragamo dress for my woman

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

The look for andy and debb is quite creative. I think this geometric look is going to be popular again for fall 09.

Nicole Linette said...

D&G can do no wrong (for me!). Salvator Ferragamo looked really nice too, something I would wear. And I knoww, it's so sad about Heath Ledger :(. Agh, I won't ever watch his movies in the same way..

peace&love
nicole.

Tamara said...

I'm loving Stella McCartney, definitely! ;)

Thanks so much for passing by and leaving a comment in my blog!