Monday, January 5, 2009

Here Comes the...Bridesmaid.

So, great news!!! One of my roommates and dear friends C got engaged on Christmas Eve!

A few weeks ago, I got a call from best friend R, telling me that C had gotten rid of her Facebook, and was wondering if I had heard anything of C and her longtime boyfriend N breaking up - since that's usually a big reason why people get rid of their Facebook. We both called/texted C, and she assured us she was merely following her soon-to-be New Years resolution - to spend less time on Facebook.

Last night, there was a party at R's house, which since I was très sick I was unable to attend (and it would have been a 3 hour drive to go to the party for just a few hours), but C and N both went, and C revealed that she had gotten engaged!!! N proposed on Christmas Eve, first giving C a pair of Lacoste gloves she had wanted, and when she tried them on, there was a piece of paper inside one of the gloves. When she pulled out the piece of paper, it revealed a note that read, "Will you marry me?" and N was down on one knee proposing. I was woken this morning to C calling, to tell me the news herself, since I was unable to be there last night! How exciting!!!

C has already BOUGHT her wedding dress (très premature if you ask me...and upon telling my mom she replied that is very silly, what if C gains 20 pounds before her wedding?!), and is currently scouting out bridesmaids dresses for the rest of us. A week and a half ago, C texted me and asked for my address, saying she had something important to send me (which at the time, I thought was copies of all the pictures of us that were originally on Facebook, which were now gone since she deleted her Facebook). Now I found out that what she is sending are the cards asking a few of us to be bridesmaids! So fun.

Last year, when engagement was still on C's mind, we looked on the J. Crew website at all the bridesmaids dresses, which we all fell in LOVE with. I adore J. Crew already, and their styles for bridesmaids dresses are classy and beautiful - and definitely something that could be worn more than once (unlike the heinous dresses that sit in my mother's dress closet currently!).

Bridesmaids dresses are no longer poufy, frilly, horrible dresses designed merely to make the bride look better - now the dresses are a sense of class and sophistication. I completely trust that if C wants us to pay $500 for a bridesmaid dress, that it will be something that can be worn again (though I'm hoping it won't be très, très expensive, since I'll be finishing up student teaching therefore will have NO income coming in).

J. Crew Lydia dress:
jcrew cotton lydia dress

J. Crew Cady dress:
cady

I think the rope detail on these J. Crew dresses are really cute and fun!
2438103192_2d02281c24_o

I think what I like best about these few J. Crew dresses is how fun it would be to accessorize with it... I don't know what exactly C is thinking, but it would be cute to just have all the bridesmaids kind of pick their own jewelry to reflect our own personal styles... and have the same dresses with different accessories. Who knows, time will tell!

So yayy, and congrats to C and N! ♥

All images from J. Crew

8 comments:

•¦Amy¦• said...

That's very exciting!

I loved that first dress <3 Beautiful.

lacouturiernyc said...

congrats to them as well! i love the bright colors of the dresses! i must say - my favorite is the red :) so sleek, so sexy, so classic!

thank you for leaving the sweetest comment! <3

xoxo,
La C.,

♥ fashion chalet said...

Marshalls I found the last pair there- in my size! :)

XO

Couture Carrie said...

So fun!
I love J. Crew bridesmaid's dresses - wore a strapless one for my sister's wedding!

xoxox,
CC

dapper kid said...

Wow, congratulations to them!! Love the first dress :)

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
josh y lola said...

Lovely dresses, great finds

Zarebski said...

Wow..! I am a big fan of J.Crew bridesmaids dresses. They have big selection of beautiful dresses.