Friday, January 2, 2009

Gossip Girl Fashion

I would love to post pictures up from New Years Eve, unfortunately at the party that I attended in the city, my camera was stolen/lost at some point. I'm hoping that I just left it at my aunt's apartment, buried somewhere and it will turn up though! Yay, optimism! So I'm waiting on T to send me her scarce photos, which are mainly of Times Square, since I was designated to photograph the party. Oh well, c'est la vie.

T and I had a fantastic time - we drank lots of chardonnay and Cosmopolitans, danced and danced (until we thought our feet would fall off), met up with our fantastic friends in the city, got to visit with my family, saw the Jonas Brothers (which she was infinitely more excited about than moi), and were in the heart of the city for the ball dropping in Times Square!

I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of those of you who posted what you wore/did for NYE, and can't wait to hear about the rest of your NYE adventures :)


Recovering from NYE yesterday and today, I spent a good chunk of time catching up on the Gossip Girl episodes that I missed while I was at school (which was most of them, since my Monday nights were consumed with classes from 3-10 p.m.). Along with the fantastic story lines that just continually got more and more dramatic, and I was glad that I just had press next on my DVR, rather than have to wait a whole week to find out what would happen (though now, I have to wait until Monday, which I'm super excited for!).

I always get sucked into the teen dramas like Gossip Girl, Skins (which I'll be posting about very soon), The O.C. (which I still love and miss), Dawson's Creek (ditto, love and miss), and the revamped version of 90210...something about the catchy plot lines filled with drama and angst, and of course, in the case of GG, Skins, The O.C., and 90210, the fashion.

Watching Gossip Girl, I just got so inspired by the gorgeous and bold fashions by each character. Each individual on the show has their own unique style, from Brooklyn hipster, to edgy socialite, to the ultimate preppy boy/girl.
I went on the hunt for looks that I could imitate into my own wardrobe from the show, and stumbled across gossipgirlinsider.com, where I found all of the images I'm copying for my post :)

GOSSIP GIRL

shes-got-the-look_521x750

ahoy-blair

I liked Jenny Humphrey so much more this way, rather than the urban hipster thing she's been sporting in the later episodes (I think this photo is from last season):
GOSSIP GIRL

GOSSIP GIRL

Now, I don't know how I'd react if a guy picked me up for a date wearing this, but Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) can just pull it off :)
GOSSIP GIRL

GOSSIP GIRL

GOSSIP GIRL

humphreys-at-home

GOSSIP GIRL

25474PCN_Chace

mother-and-daughter_521x671

GOSSIP GIRL

© All images copyrighted by the CW.


Sorry for the picture overload, I hope that these can inspire you all too to try something fun with your wardrobes (though from your pictures, you are all entirely fabulous in your own way!)

xo.

14 comments:

♥ fashion chalet said...

I so need to catch up on the second season. I only got as far as "there Will be Blood" the one with Jenny H.'s fashion show at the Bass event! Great pix!

Thanks for your complimentary comment, my dear. I wish I could send you some dessert. There's plenty leftover.... :)

♥ fashion chalet said...

PS: I will tell my brother, thank you! He will love to hear that. :)

Savvy Mode SG said...

love the bags. esp that soft supple hermes kelly bag. : )

yiqin; said...

I think Chuck & Blair are so amazing. Like the outfits they were I can't imagine on a normal person, but they can just pull it off!

lacouturiernyc said...

oh gossip girl. the most amazing show, plot & fashion wise!

xoxo,
La C.

Taryn "Skinny Genes" B. said...

very interesting...sucks that i never watched gossip girl but I really love the coats.

and thanks for visiting my blog :-)

•¦Amy¦• said...

Sounds like a great NYE. I've always wanted to go to NY and see the ball drop there...someday.

I've actually only seen one episode of Gosip Girl. Though, I found it very addicting...I want to see the show Monday. Haha I have no idea of the story line at all though. I guess I'll just have to figure it out.

Oh, and yes, Ed (Chuck) can pull off anything...I really think he can.

dapper kid said...

Yay for GG, always wonderful inspiration! And I so can't wait for the new season of Skins to get started! Annnd that sucks about your camera dear, hope you find it soon :)

Nicole Linette said...

I saw the Jonas Brothers over the summer, and I really didn't like them at the time.. though after seeing them live I did! :D Your NYE sounded amazing.

Gossip Girl is such a great show, even without the covetable clothing!! I agree with you about Jenny; I think she's scary now :P That reminds me, I think new episodes are beginning this month!!!

Haha, and I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who hadn't read Twilight ;)

peace&love
nicole

closeup said...

love love love gossip girls and their style :)

ps: thank you for your comment :) I'm always so happy about comments^^ I also like your blog very much :)

LiNDZ! said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE GG :)
Ive read all the books, but unlike most of the fans[of the books]i am infatuated with the TVseries! & i agree, i definitely think the fashion is a big contributor. I was so religious with the first season that i know pretty much a lot of the outfits by memory(thanks to polyvore as well).

I really miss The OC as well :( The two series are similar in many ways, but they have their differences...

wow that was long...hhaha Nice to meet you!

-Lindsay

Jessica said...

oh girl i love some gossip girl too. but i made the decision before second season to deprive myself and then enjoy it all at once when it comes out on dvd. Blair and Chuck are my favorite! thanks for my comment!

Bombchell said...

OMG gossip girls, lipstick jungle, & cashmere mafia have the most insanse styles, I wish i owned their closet

Sweet Nothings said...

I hate trashy jenny! and i love that 3rd pic of Blair in the nautical dress!