Monday, December 22, 2008

What to Wear to Ring in '09...

Well, it's about that time of year...I'm not even thinking about Christmas, especially because I have only half of my shopping done. So I'm trying not to focus on the fact that I'm gonna have to deal with the longest lines (I'm guessing mostly filled with husbands and fathers who have put off shopping until the very last minute, just like my dad is doing) to get all my shopping done.

So instead of focusing on the impending doom of shopping/making last minute gifts, I'm instead trying to focus on what I'm going to wear for New Years Eve!!
I absolutely love New Years Eve...the parties, the sequined dresses and dark eye makeup... staying up all night and sleeping the entire next day - I just completely love it.
To keep with the spirit of procrastination, I still have no idea what I'm doing yet for New Years Eve, or what I'm going to wear (which I usually plan in advance). I've been invited to a few parties in the city, house parties, and I can attend my parent's annual New Years Eve gala at my house (yeah right). It's all just kind of up in the air right now, and having my lazy friends try to figure out what they want to do, and actually get back to me about it :)


I've been looking online, and in stores for fantastic dress ideas, and so far these are what I've found so far...


I thought this Vera Wang top would look amazing with a pair of American Apparel liquid leggings:
Vera Wang

I'm not sure if this Shoshanna dress is what I'm looking for, but I really like the neckline of it. It's still classy, but shows skin too, so it's not completely conservative.
Shoshanna

I am drooling over this Nanette Lepore dress... I think it's fun and colorful (and will look fantastic against a spray tan!)
Nanette Lepore

I'm a huge BCBG fan. I have a ton of dresses from the label, that I've worn for a ton of special occasions, and I would definitely recommend to anyone! I'm not sure if this screams New Years though, but I know that if I needed to, I could definitely wear it again for another occasion. I'm also really loving the origami neckline!
BCBG

Last but not least, we have the typical New Years Eve dress by Forever 21. I love Forever 21 because the stuff is so cheap that you don't have to worry about what happens if someone spills a drink on you, or something happens to it. Also, I can wear something once and not feel guilty about never wearing it again :) I think for the price ($39.80), it looks pretty cute, and I love the pairing of bright tights underneath!!!
Forever 21


Which one is your favorite?
AND, if anyone has any other ideas of a cute New Years Eve dress, definitely let me know :)
I hope all is well with you!! (And that you're all done with most of your Christmas/Hannukah shopping!)

8 comments:

Thankful Paul said...

Hello

Tom's French Blog - Enjoy ! said...

Go for the Nanette Lapore dress. I think it looks really great. Have a great Xmas and let us all know what you finally did for New Year's Eve.

Savvy Mode SG said...

oh vera wang for me.

Nicole Linette said...

The first Vera Wang top, perfection. And versatile! I can see so many looks made out of that top. Ahhh, I was in the mall Saturday and saw many sequined dresses from F21 like the one you posted, and I was immediately drawn into the store ;) The Nanette Lepore is nice, but in my opinion it's not quite glam enough for New Year's. My second favorite is the BCBG too!
New Year's in NYC sounds so amazing. I hope you have a great time.

peace&love
nicole.
Would you like to swap blog links? =)

•¦Amy¦• said...

My favorite? Probably the Vera Wang...I love her. <3

I have no idea what's going on for my Christmas much less my New Years!!! This year I haven't really planned much ahead...

Kicking couture girl said...

omg that shoshanna dress is so blair waldorf lol i love the f21 best! it just screams new year to me!

Nicole Linette said...

Haha, swapping links simply means posting another's blog onto your own. I'll be putting your blog link into my blog roll :))

Sweet Nothings said...

LOVE that Vera Wang top and Nanette dress!