Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving, Boy Troubles and Bored at the Cape

I'm back from the exiles of Cape Cod. It's rough up there - no internet, no TV (my cheap parents don't way to have to pay for it when we're not up at the Cape too often - there is a DVD player that we watch LOTS of movies on to pass the time), and one friend who was not even up there! So it was very boring - though I did get a TON of work done on my unit that is due Tuesday (ahh!). I have 10 lesson plans out of 15 done. I am clearly lacking motivation, probably because this is the last week of classes (which I also just cannot believe).
I am also not wanting to go home for Christmas break...it's rough being home. As much as I hate my school, I like being able to do what I please, when I want without having to okay it with anyone. Plus, there is almost NOTHING to do at my house, and none of my friends really like to go to the city, or do anything that I like to do. Occasionally one of them will want to go snowboarding, but it's a rare occasion.
*~*
So, at the Cape (and at home for the 2 days I was there), R called me like....at least 30 times, and texted another 80 times. Clearly, he was desperate. And it's weird cause he's not usually a desperate kind of guy.
Why does he call me so much you may ask? Because he can't have me... and never, ever will.
I am apparently unlike all the girls that he goes to school with (at his Ivy-league, $55,000/year school), who just jump into bed with anyone they lay eyes on. When did bed hopping become socially acceptable? Do people really think that acting like Samantha Jones (from Sex & the City) is a cool way to act?
What pisses me off about R the most is that he tells me that he loves me, that he can really see us getting married and having a family - and yet then a few minutes later he tells me about one of the "totally hot" sorority girls he slept with the night before... like, really?!
I just don't get it, but I know that I've completely stopped buying into anything he's saying. I have way too much respect for myself, and know that it's just not the right thing for me. I also know that at some point, I'm going to have to cut him out of my life. I'm just lacking the strength to do that now, especially because he's been there for me and been one of my best friends for six years.
While it might not bother some girls, it completely turns me off that R has slept with more girls then he remembers, he's paid for 6 abortions, and he just recklessly says what will make a girl sleep with him.
I'm not for being a notch on anyone's bedpost... that's just not my style.
Why do some guys feel like they can just treat women however they want?

*~*
Hopefully I'll have some pictures up soon - I still have to load them all up! :)

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

yikes... I am sorry about R that's rough. I hope that you get it sorted out, So are you doing the long distance thing? That's the worst.

Well it's good to hear that things get easier with everyone coming home! Thanks for the advice.

That's awesome that you're brother goes there! Yeah my friend is on soccer scholarship there, crazy! So where are you going to school?

Jocelyn said...

oh yeah, and i forgot to tell you how things worked out! It was okay, things were awkward with a few people but for the most part things were okay! Thanks for asking allison!