Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Random, Random, Random.

One of the things I adore about being so close to New York City is being able to take advantage of all the fabulous events held there. I especially love the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, where Bryant Park is transformed into a sea of tents, all holding different designers creations just waiting to be unveiled. It's so exciting, trying to figure out which shows my aunt can get me tickets to (she's in PR so is able to nab tickets to some great shows) and then waiting for the music to cue, and the models to start prancing down the runway.

For me, I equate it with Christmas. The anticipation, the build up, sometimes things go above and beyond your expectations, and sometimes they let you down a little, but it's still so magical.
This year I was unable to go to Fashion Week, which completely bummed me out. The other day I was looking at pictures of the different designs, and feel like this year I missed out on an amazing experience. I think I would have enjoyed the Matthew Williamson show the most, and probably the Anna Sui show just as much - I love the way she plays with colors, and that her line was so visually stimulating.

These were some of my favorite designs from various shows:
Photobucket


(All three photos on top row, Matthew Williamson; from bottom left: Abaete, Abaete, Aurelio Costarella).


I am in love with all these dresses, and wish my budget would allow me one of each (or one of any :) ) I think the Matthew Williamson dresses are divine, and I would love the one in the middle to wear on New Years Eve!!


*~*

My kicking the CSI habit has not been going too well. There has been a ton of CSI marathons on lately and I just feel inclined to watch! But, no nightmares, and no overactive imagination so far! So yay :)

Today I started work again, babysitting for the family that I was a nanny for all summer. They are so fantastic, and the time just flew by today. When I got there, having not seen them since August, Jack - the four year old boy - ran to me and said "Allison, I just missed you too much." This is the same boy who on my last day over babysitting for them, looked me in the eyes and said in the cutest possible voice, "Allison, I will love you forever. I promise." I wanted to cry it was so cute. He is honestly one of the most precious little boys I have ever seen. It was so nice to get back into the working swing of things (even though it's only been a week - being at home without any commitments gets kind of old!) and being able to make some extra money for holiday spending. (P.S. What kind of gifts do you get for aunts and uncles that you're not especially close to? I have NO ideas!).

I still have yet to find a gym - the one I was a member of all throughout high school only does 3 months + memberships which sucks, and the other one I looked at is $110 a month, which seems really high to me, especially since that is the college rate.

Oh, and since I'm in a rambling kind of mood, I'd like to give an update on my friend T, who moved in with her boyfriend E, and I was worried that everything would change. Welllll, I was definitely right to worry. I think that deep down I completely knew everything would change, but wanted to believe that it wouldn't. That was just me being naive, because everything has changed. She left me a cryptic Facebook comment about getting together "in the near future," which is entirely unlike her and so freaking frustrating.

But, in good news, my bestest friend R is coming to visit this weekend! I've written about her before - we were randomly paired as roommates freshman year of college, and we're still going strong!! We're going to be roommates for all 4 years of college, which I think is VERY cool.
So yeah, I'm super excited she's coming this weekend!!!! We're planning to go into the city and do all the touristy stuff like go to the skating rink, the tents set up at Bryant Park, see the displays at Macy's, an exhibit at the New York Public Library - I'm excited!!! (But really nervous about driving in the city! I've never done that before).

I hope you're all doing well!

P.S. I've been listening to the Josh Groban Christmas CD, Noel. I can't get over how fantastic it is, and swear that I would marry Josh Groban in 1 second if he would sing to me every day. How junior high of me is that?! I think I'm just a sucker for guys who can sing!

6 comments:

Savvy Mode SG said...

lucky girl. i love visiting nyc for shopping and good eats.

Jocelyn said...

oh man. Groben? I love him. Fashion week sounds awesome! Sorry you couldn't go. I wish clothes weren't so expensive, then we could all look amazing! I'm still looking for skinny jeans, Christine and I are going shopping this week I hope!

I love new york! My cousin is moving there to be an intern for david letterman's show, how tight is that!

It's hard to kick a habit huh? How's your nail biting going, speaking of which? I think you said you bit your nails, maybe that was amy. I dunno, anyway, good luck with CSI, and I am glad to hear that you haven't had any nightmares recently!

Kicking couture girl said...

thanks for the comment lol

I saw your addiction csi! Im exactly the same with SVU, im so addicted its crazy, my sky + ( tivo in the UK) records two every night!! and on fridays its 4!! nuts right.

For a while it really freaked me out,didnt help we had mice in the loft so i freaked when i heard them lol!

It didnt help that i heard a bloodcurdling scream one friday night at midnight or so after watching svu, i freaked out ( turns out there was a party that night )! I was so scared that i had to sleep with my mom lol and that i wrote down the time when it happened as i was convinced something had happened

* blushes* lol

anyway your blogs awesome

Glass Mannequin said...

Hahaha. Fashion week sounds cool but I never like those dresses. They always look so strange. Like, I can't imagine one of my friends -ever- wearing those. The two on the left are the only ones that look remotely comfortable. And I don't like it when the clothes the girl is wearing is worth more than the thoughts of the girl herself.

Anyways, the little boy sounds so cute! I baby sat this one kid and for three weeks and by the end, he was telling strangers I was his new big brother.

•¦Amy¦• said...

oooh fashion week. I've always wanted to go to a fashion show. for a big city phx really doesn't have as much to offer as some would think...

haha i have a similar problem with Law & Order SVU...i LOVE that show. haven't gotten nightmares yet though...

Couture Carrie said...

Delicious picks! Love the sparkly dresses!

xoxox,
CC