Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, Brother.

So, it's definitely different having Pat back home. When I came home from school on weekends, I kind of had free reign of the house. If I wanted to watch TV, I could do that, if I wanted to have leftover pizza for breakfast, I could do that too.
This morning, I went to get the leftover pizza Pat and I ordered at 11:30 p.m. last night (hey, we're college kids!), and it was GONE! All throughout church this morning I was so excited that I'd get to come home and eat pizza, however Pat had gotten up earlier than me to go to breakfast with his church friends, and decided before he went FOR BREAKFAST, he needed to finish the pizza. Ahh!

Last night, Pat and I rented The Dark Knight, since it's my favorite movie and he never saw it. We sat with my dad for two and a half hours absolutely engrossed in it. (When we asked my dad what he thought of Heath Ledger's Joker, my dad replied, "Oh he was so great, he should win an Oscar. You know who else is great? Johnny Depp." So apparently my dad thought Johnny Depp was in it? Who knows, I'm just surprised he stayed awake for the whole movie!).
After that, Patrick rented Prom Night on demand. It really wasn't that scary - I just HATE when things jump out in movies...or when someone is walking somewhere and you just know they're about to get killed.
At the beginning of the movie, they played this song that was so good, but so eerily haunting. I had heard the song before (by the Zombies), but had never heard this version, so I went to my trusty Wikipedia, and found out the song was by Ben Taylor, the son of James Taylor and Carly Simon. While I didn't love the movie (I spent a lot of it with my eyes closed), that song kept coming back to me.

After church today, and the disappointment of no cold pizza for lunch, I decided to try to go running. It was relatively warm out today, so I thought I'd be fine. I do not know what I was thinking, but it was definitely NOT warm out!! I made it a mile, and felt like my lungs were going to bleed (sorry for the lovely visual...that's the only way I can think to describe it!), so I had to turn around and run another mile home. Not exactly the run I was hoping for! Tomorrow I'm going to go shopping for a gym that isn't expensive, and will let me join for only a month. I didn't realize that while the gym at my school sucks (super small as in 2 treadmills, 2 elipticals, 2 bikes, and 1 of each machine for arms for a school of 3,000 undergrads) it's still extremely convenient not to have to buy a membership, and have to drive somewhere every day. So hopefully tomorrow I'll find something perfect!

M keeps iming me and wants to hang out, and I don't know how to tell him this, but I'm definitely not going to hang out with him without T going with me. I don't know what it is about him, but I get a creepy vibe, as in, if I was to go hang out with him by myself, he would most assuredly make a move, which would be the ultimate in awkwardness. So I keep trying to think of convenient way to make it clear that I will not hang out with him without T there. Ugh, he's been iming me EVERY time I sign online, so now I quick, quick put up an away message as soon as I sign on. I'm not very good with confrontation like that. And I'm rapidly running out of excuses.

Anyway, this is the song I was talking about. He sounds a LOT like his dad in a newer indie kind of way :) Enjoy!!

What did you guys do this weekend??

Oh, and don't get me wrong - it's been awesome having Pat home, just different!!!


4 comments:

Glass Mannequin said...

That's really cool that you like to spend time with your brother. I never get enough time with all of my brothers...

So I think that you need to just have someone watch the movie with you. A boy, not a relative, who you can just hold onto really tight. Have you ever seen What Lies Beneath? I watched it with a ton of friends and this girl left bruises on my arms where she was crushing it to me.

Couture Carrie said...

I totally understand!!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - yours is fab too!

xoxox,
CC

•¦Amy¦• said...

:[ I've been craving pizza...weird 'cause I don't like it all that much.
I'm sorry that you didn't get to eat yours!

Dark Night was amazing. We rented it a few nights ago 'cause my parents hadn't seen it. I could watch it over and over!
Lol...Johnny Depp???

I like scary movies...never known why, but I just enjoy them.

la petite fashionista said...

im home from college for 3 weeks & every time i come home i feel more and more seperated from my friends that still live here. kind of sad:(

i've been spending lots of quality time with my little sis