Monday, December 1, 2008

Grab Hold and Do Not Let Go

So, I'm making up for my three days of not blogging by posting yet another blog... this one is about something that I think is such a huge part of my life - MUSIC!!!

Lately (as in, since this summer), I have gotten into The Raconteurs. If you haven't heard of them - they are INCREDIBLE. They are indie-rock, but with a very different kind of sound. They kind of have a folksy, bluesy feel wrapped into an indie-rock band. Jack White (of the White Stripes) is one of the singers in the group, and I think he's fantastic (even though he looks kind of like Edward Scissorhands!)

I'm hooked!

They came out with a new CD this year called "Consolers of the Lonely" - also a track on the album, which is one of my favorites!! You should definitely check them out! :)


Consoler Of The Lonely - The Raconteurs


These Stones Will Shout - The Raconteurs


Let me know what you think!! I've been really into the two songs I posted, as well as "Attention" and "Top Yourself."


P.S. Thanks to Jocelyn for posting up music from imeem.com - I signed up too, and that's where the music I found of The Raconteurs is from!! :)
Check out Jocelyn's blog - it's great!!

1 comment:

•¦Amy¦• said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. :]

Oooh. I like that band, haven't heard too much though. I'm a White Stripes fan though, so that's how I heard of them.

-Amy <3